PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Powered Squirt Gun--Worst Idea Ever

Angry Man
07-21-2002, 07:47 PM
Here's the worst idea ever. I'd like some feedback as to whether or not it would work because it seems like it'd be cool if it did and fun to make besides.

Basically, I'd take a "super soaker" squirt gun, which works off the air pressure that builds up in the water tank when you pump air into it and screw a guage into the tank. I'd read at how many psi the air was when the safety valve released air to stop the thing from exploding or something, and set a regulator (probably my cocker's stock reg) to slightly less than that and screw that into the tank and seal it with something so it didn't leak water or air (could be kinda ugly, but oh well.) Then I'd drill an ASA onto the super soaker's handle, hook it up with macroline to the reg screwed into the water tank, and turn the co2 on. If the regulator works how I remember reading it does, it should only supply new air to the tank as the pressure in the tank decreases, meaning that the squirt gun would always be firing at the maximum pressure and would never need to be pumped or explode from too much pressure. You could fire as long as you wanted without pumping more air into the gun, or you could stop whenever you wanted and no more air would go into the tank. Wow, that would be so cool if it worked.

Any responses are welcome as well as tips on pulling this off. Yes, I'm aware that's it's a stupid idea, btw, but it seems to make sense that it would work.

This is roughly what a super soaker looks like....

http://static.epinions.com/images/ext/kifm/92/kifmBoys_PlaysetsSuper_SoakersSuper_Soaker_50-resized180.jpg

sniper1rfa
07-21-2002, 08:38 PM
it would work, probably pretty well too. im sure like 20 psi would work.

nic m85
07-21-2002, 10:48 PM
that sounds pretty cool. you should try it:)

Redkey
07-22-2002, 01:51 PM
supersoakers are glued together plastic right?

You better make sure your reg is stable at that low of a pressure range.

You might want to consider an old pneumatic fire extinguisher... 3-4 gallons of water backed up with 40 - 60 psi. They usually have a 1/4 inch nozzle and can lay more water than a supersoaker.

rhetor22
07-23-2002, 02:09 PM
thats a good idea...

you should get one with a huge tank tho.

Get an old Supersoaker 50, those are the best. They spray a thin stream of water really really damn far. Much better than the newer ones.

chris99506
07-24-2002, 04:15 PM
sounds good let us know if it works

mike e
07-28-2002, 04:10 PM
i would just like to point out that i hope you meant your pnuematic reg, you didnt specify the safe operating pressure of the inline is only 160 at the lowest. the stock pnuematic reg on the other hand, should be great at 20 psi, have you considered a belsales twister kit? it makes stock pneu regs adjustable and because of there nature, they require more turns to change pressure which could be good in this case. not sure where you could find one anymore though........for some reason this reminds me of a discussion of where people used co2 to pump kegs using cocker parts. just thought i would comment

Gotenks
08-06-2002, 02:39 AM
I don't understand why you dont make one from scratch?

I means you could borrow parts from a super soaker, but you could probably make one out of pvc pipes and valves.

magman007
08-18-2002, 12:53 AM
dont want to make it ugly? whant to make it look good an stay functional? well.... try to find al ond super soaker MDS(multi directional system) the same baisic gun as the 50, yet, on the fromt nozzle, they had a foregrip which could shoot in a 180 degree spectrum. i reccomend geting one fo these, and housing your regulators and such in the front grip, and the non functional pump arm. Also, find an old crappy single piece hopper. you kno the ones, there not vl, there crappier. cut a hole in the water tank, then silicone the feed neck in. silicone the top of the lid well, but allow for opening, when closing tefflon tape it. it makes it wasier to add watter, holds more watter, andit would work. have fun, and dont blow your self up. Also, replace any and all air passages with microline.

joeyjoe367
09-08-2002, 02:18 AM
I once had a super-soaker 100, with a water tank, and then a pressurizing tank in the back.

for some reason or another, i swapped the two tanks, and the water tank (which was thinner material) started bloating after being pumped a few times.

You might want to look for a differant tank material. they don't take too much pressure.

Person
09-08-2002, 11:56 PM
old super soaker 50s are crap compared to new super soakers, just like old porsches. I actually had this idea like 4 months ago.. only problem i found is the massive volume of co2 or CA you would need. I was going to make an entire tube made out of aluminum like thing. The pressure would be all in the tank and when you pull the trigger it unblocks the nozel. Problem is the volume , lack of people wanting to buy them , and the fact that it could be potentially dangerous. More then a paintballgun