PDA

View Full Version : are em1s any good

DDC
07-21-2002, 11:13 PM
are spyderem1s any good they shoot 19 bps.or is it a peice of s**t like the others like syder sport,flash and compact?cuz i was thinking about getting one if there good if not then i wont

a_malfunction
07-21-2002, 11:16 PM
I wouldnt get one.... There are better deals. And who told you they shoot 19? I highly doubt they get any more than 13.

Ityl
07-21-2002, 11:16 PM
I'd get a bushy or impy before an EM1. Kingman is crap really. You can get better guns with much higher quality for the same price. If you are starting out thena mechanical spyder is something to look at. But if you have been playing, get something good.

DDC
07-21-2002, 11:24 PM
ive been playing for about 2 years and i need like some thing fast and more accuate than my 98c-it has a smart parts all A,bottem of a freak kit.double trigger,drop,regular v 200,and i did somthing to the trigger to make it almost as light as a cocker.oh yea na a freak sticky(rare)im selling it for 250 or trade for an automag

kosmo
07-21-2002, 11:38 PM
Look at a BKO, they're nice guns and cheaper than em1s I think.

DaFlip
07-22-2002, 12:53 AM
A BKO and a Impulse were at the field Saturday. All I have to say is that there was hardly a diffence, and the BKO was a whole lot cheaper.

DaFlip

InfinatyBPS
07-22-2002, 02:22 AM
I say get a BKO, I'm getting one next month, and I would actualy take a BE Rainmaker over a EM1.

Aliens-8-MyDad
07-22-2002, 04:05 AM
Its a spyder, i dont care what new color scheem they use, or milling pattern, its all the same. they just slaped on a eletric trigger and called it the em-1 but again, its still a spyder.

TransMan
07-22-2002, 04:35 AM
Well its not a Spyder with an electro grip but with that aside i would say get a mag or a BKO

Aliens-8-MyDad
07-22-2002, 05:14 AM
um how isnt it? im lookin at it now and it looks to me like anyother spyder, just with a single electronic trigger.......

HyperSnyper
07-22-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Aliens-8-MyDad
um how isnt it? im lookin at it now and it looks to me like anyother spyder, just with a single electronic trigger.......

Because it doesnt use a sear and hammer to trip the valve pin, it uses a pneumatic ram.

As for getting one, I agree, I used to be a Kingman fanatic, loved their markers, moved up to a Mag, then got my GF a Piranha Pro G3.

I wasnt able to compare the quality differemce between the Mag with the blowback Spyder since its like comparing apples and oranges, but comparing PMI and Kingman, SPyders plain suck. The quality is so much better with PMI. Not PMI in general, but other companies as well. Other companies dominate over Kingman, Spyuder guns simply dont have a solid quality feel, they feel like a toy from KB or something.

And I dont care if Bad Company does damage with them, even though the team is good, the guns still suck.

Just my $0.02.

-Hyper

mykroft
07-22-2002, 10:11 AM
The EM1 is internally similar to a Bushy or Impulse. it's not a spyder. It is capable of 19bps in semi, yes really, it's very fast. The downside is the lack of options for upgrading a good design with some weak points. You can add a spyder vertical adaptor and a good reg (Uses Shutter HPR Reg, which is crap), a rock mod, and any Shutter style drop for a decent collection of upgrade.

But if it's over $200, get a BKO instead for $280, it's a heck of a lot better setup for the money. you get a double trigger, a Standard vert ASA, and the ability to use most Bushmaster upgrades (Apart from the LPR, Ram and Vert ASA's, everything takes stock busy parts), it's also shorter than a bushy, and not as tall.

Freak Stickies are not rare, in fact they're everywhere,and cheaper than DYE Stickies too.

kevdupuis
07-22-2002, 11:08 AM
The Em1 was and still is a Bushmaster B2K ripoff, even though they changed the solenoid and the electronics.

magsRus
07-22-2002, 01:04 PM
The em1 is just as good as a bushmaster or defiant..It is designed the exact same way. Its a great gun I got the chance to play a few games with one its light fast and fairly compact.

joeyjoe367
07-22-2002, 02:01 PM
I owned one for about 2 weeks. Got it in a trade. I thought it had the crappiest electronic trigger of any gun that I have ever held in my two hands.

Electro-frame spyders are probably better:rolleyes:

I mean, the trigger was just.... eeewww... Gross. not to mention you had to open up the Grip-frame to change modes, etc...

It'll take bushmaster vertical adapters, so you can change the reg on there, and you can also get std/offset adapters to put on whatever drop. you want, but From what I've seen the BKO would be a LOT easier to mess around with and set up the way you want.

magmonkey
07-22-2002, 03:14 PM
the only thing i really don't like about the em1 design
is the spring returned bolt it just seems to me that this is a bad idea