PDA

View Full Version : Just be honest..please

magsRus
07-22-2002, 09:00 AM
Do Emags get the same crappy range as automags and minimags do? I know it almost sounds like a flame but dont take it that way I love mags and have been loving them for years.

marley618
07-22-2002, 09:10 AM
Emags get the "same crappy range" as angels or cockers, or even.. classic mags, scary huh.

subbeh
07-22-2002, 09:11 AM
All guns get the same range... it's a law of physics. If the ball is pushed at the SAME FPS then it will go the same distance. Easy as that.

Jonno06
07-22-2002, 09:46 AM
well,distance depends on the paint/barrel match too...

magsRus
07-22-2002, 10:11 AM
guys dont bull *EDIT* No, don't cuss. Army i love mags but mags do not get the same range as all other guns

mykroft
07-22-2002, 10:18 AM
magsRus:

I suggest you go bone up on your physics. A projectile leaving the barrel at a certain speed, on a certain vector, will go a certain distance, no matter what type gun it is fired from.

Anybody who tells you different is ignorant. Cockers are not magic, and cannot defy the laws of physics. Mags have the same range as cockers.

The only way to change this is to induce backspin to create lift. This is only accomplished with the Flatline Barrel system and the Galactic Systemz Z-Body.

manike
07-22-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by magsRus
guys dont bull **** i love mags but mags do not get the same range as all other guns

Very true, they shoot further. Especially when shooting fast.

:rolleyes:

and please do not cuss, just because you do not want to accept reality.

manike

SyntaxError
07-22-2002, 10:21 AM
seriously, what "other guns" are you comparing them to, barrett .50 cal. sniper rifles? Christ, paintball markers will shoot the same distance given that their velocity, paint/barrel match, and consistencies are equal. Come on, this is like 9th grade stuff here:rolleyes:

sniper1rfa
07-22-2002, 10:42 AM
what, you didnt hear!? smart parts just bought out physics, i mean, keep up witht the times man. sheesh...
:D

kevdupuis
07-22-2002, 10:51 AM
And here I thought they enveloped the paintballs in a zero gravity, zero friction field.:D

cphilip
07-22-2002, 10:52 AM
guys dont bull **** i love mags but mags do not get the same range as all other guns

First let me warn you about challenging the curse filter.It will get you a "vacation". Do it again and I will send you on one.

Second is that you are wrong. All markers shoot the same gob of goo the same distance when crono'd the same. I think many before me have pointed this out eloquently enough. No BS! Just facts.

wes
07-22-2002, 10:58 AM
yea it might be confusing, like how the straighness of the shot takes away form the range. blah blah blah :D ;)

Note: dont listen to wes

Restola
07-22-2002, 11:45 AM
Emags get the "same crappy range" as angels or cockers, or even.. classic mags, scary huh.

lol

sniper1rfa
07-22-2002, 12:22 PM
they do, those are just some of the more minor design changes they have made to physics. see, its theirs to change, so they can make it do anything they want, but the greedy bastards make all the new stuff smart-parts specific, just like the barrels and spyder bottomlines.

magsRus
07-22-2002, 12:58 PM
I know all markers get the same range..but I think if its closedbolt or open bolt it will play a big role too. I think cockers and shockers the two closed bolt guns on the market are more accurate then any other gun. Because they dont have the bolt hitting them only the air when you have an open bolt the ball is getting hit with the bolt and air so that ball is getting miss shaped as it leaves your gun meaning you will have an accurate shot but not as accurate as a cocker or a shocker which is not miss shaping the ball because only the co2/compressed air is hitting it.

You guys are all entitled to your opinons and I'am too I just think something is up with mags maybe its their blowfoward design I dont no.

By the way dont try me on paint to barrel match man I shoot 285fps with a freak kit

manike
07-22-2002, 01:01 PM
lmao :)

The bolt hitting the ball = gentle push forward into the breech as compared to air blast hitting ball = huge acceleration and g's and force on shell of ball :rolleyes:

If anything were to mis-shape the ball it would be the blast of air. BUT nothing makes the ball change shape short of blowing it up in the barrel and this has been proven by slow motion photography.

manike

cphilip
07-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Do Emags get the same crappy range as automags and minimags do?

...I know all markers get the same range..

Our work here is done. :rolleyes:

mykroft
07-22-2002, 01:04 PM
magsRus:

My open bolt angel shoots a pattern tighter than I've ever seen on a shocker or cocker. Why? It's the most consistent marker I've ever seen. I chrony in at +/- 0fps most days (Last time at the chrony was 246,246,246 with field speed of 250). The performance variance between open-bolt and closed bolt is so little as to not matter on a high-end gun (Blowbacks suck for consistency, by design).

The arguments you keep bringing up have never been supported by any test data. In fact, everytime someone tests them out, they turn out to be false.

ogre55
07-22-2002, 01:07 PM
I think most of us agree that given equal conditions (speed, barrel, wind) a paintball will fly just as far out of one gun as any other.

Can paintballs get better range? Do Flatlines work. I put this question to an impromtu test this past weekend. After a particularly nasty breach break in my RT (my lvl 10 is coming on 7/24) I started paying a little more attention to where my balls were flying, looking for that fabled, spinning magnus effect ball. And there it went, about one in 7-8 flew straight flat and level way past where I was aiming. (I was arcing for a little extra range).

If the flatline can duplicate this effect consistently, something the Z-Body cannot do by most accounts, this game is going to be changing.

booyah
07-22-2002, 01:10 PM
http://www.pbstar.com/randebtherre.html

read it,

closed bolt shocker, open bolt bushy, open bolt angel.

oh, the only issue of the flatline is its accuracy is about the same at the max range as a normal barrel... its great for scenarios where your shooting at a crowd, but when you need to pick a foot out of a bunker, its not that great.

cphilip
07-22-2002, 01:12 PM
Problem is they cannot consistently get them to work. Flatline systems are horridly difficult to keep doing that. And they do nothing to change any of the velocity. They may shoot flatter trajectories if they are perfectly on but they come to almost a complete halt and drop harmlessly almost outa mid air when they run outa steam. A normal arch trajectory still maintains some velocity and potential to break on target. And presents a considerable hazard as a "drop in" hit. This is nothing new.

ogre55
07-22-2002, 01:24 PM
I'm just gonna have to wait until I see someone with a flatline on a gun and just check it out for myself.

One of my team mates has an A-5 with the Flatline on order as soon as they ship.

magsRus
07-22-2002, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry guys I guess I got brainwashed by to many cocker guys

joeyjoe367
07-22-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by ogre55
If the flatline can duplicate this effect consistently, something the Z-Body cannot do by most accounts, this game is going to be changing.

I resent that :D As an ex-z-body owner, I'll have to say that the Z-body worked, EVERY SINGLE SHOT.

If you're getting your information from the WARPIG article, you haven't read the article thouroughly enough. The largest bore size they used was a .693, which is hardly big enough for the paint that they were using. They even mentioned that they couldn't describe any of their barrel/paint matches as "loose". the SMALLEST bore you should be using for a Z-body is a .696.

I Personally used a .700 bore size CP Barrel (Custom Bore size, you gotta talk to the factory people) and the backspin worked wonders.

I went back to a mini-mag body because i needed the cash and a hopper-right body for my warp feed.

...besides, i play front :)

Kevmag
07-22-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by ogre55
One of my team mates has an A-5 with the Flatline on order as soon as they ship.

Wonder what that will look like??? I just can't stand that curved barrel w/o the shroud...

Coaster
07-22-2002, 03:07 PM
Even though the guy's data on pbstar seems to be good info.. he should've used a good paint/barrel match i.e with a freak. The ID of the stock barrels for those markers varies greatly.

Pand0ra
07-22-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by manike

Very true, they shoot further. Especially when shooting fast.

manike

I hope you'll never have me as I ref.
This won't work on my field (at least you won't be able to chrono at 290, and reach 310fps when shooting fast on the field) hehe.

@++

booyah
07-22-2002, 04:22 PM
but bore match doesnt matter if its the same paint and they are shooting the same velocity.

Bore matters for accuracy but not for distance as long as the guns were shooting somewhat consistant, in the same velocity range, with the same paint.

Coaster
07-22-2002, 06:06 PM
A paint/barrel match will generally make the marker shoot straighter...

The guy on pbstar was probably measuring from the barrel... straight out, not the exact distance to where the paintball went. For example, if on a football field and you were at the endzone, looking at the other fieldgoal and you shot one and it only went to the 10 yard line(i know this isn't realistic) but not completely infront of you, then the next shot went to the 14th yard line. It would then seem that the second shot went farther from the initial point(perpendicular to the goal line) and the other shot didn't go as far, they both traveled 14.1 yards... I know this is rather unrealistic, but taking things to extremes helps show the point.

This may also not seem very clear.. i had trouble wording it.

rhetor22
07-22-2002, 06:18 PM
Cphilip is giving FREE PAID VACATIONS!!!!!!!

EVERYONE HOP IN!

Aliens-8-MyDad
07-22-2002, 09:36 PM
booyah i noticed that the pbstar review (range of those 3 guns) didnt inclue the two most contraversial (IMO) guns when it comes to range talk. Mags and cockers?! i noticed you have both and was wondering do you (honestly) notice any diffrence in range? this cocker guy was saying mags are nice guns but they dont have the range or "flatness" of cockers... i wish i woulda thought of it then, but i want to say, "ok lets put our guns together fire and see if one is really flatter and further".. also im just curious, what do you like most about each of your guns and what do you dislike most from each? (pm me if this isnt relavent)

Butterfingers
07-22-2002, 11:05 PM
Range is mathmatically tied to trajectory. With the same non rotating projectile the trajectory will be identical.

davej946
07-22-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by rhetor22
Cphilip is giving FREE PAID VACATIONS!!!!!!!

EVERYONE HOP IN!

I'm in! SWEAR SWEAR SWEAR SWEAR SWEAR! See you guys in 3-5! :D

Later ~ Dave

Sinnet
07-22-2002, 11:52 PM
hmm... where's the dilbert Out! Out! Demons of Stupidity! when you need it?

Miscue
07-23-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Coaster
Even though the guy's data on pbstar seems to be good info.. he should've used a good paint/barrel match i.e with a freak. The ID of the stock barrels for those markers varies greatly.

I disagree about pbstar having good data when it comes to their 'accuracy' test... the way they went about their testing... sucks, despite the nice colorful graphs and attempt at a statistical analysis (they didn't do it right). Can't draw any conclusions off their results, although they word their articles as if they could.

FutureMagOwner
07-23-2002, 09:03 AM
people cockers have more range because the back block creates a magnetic field giving it a rail gun effect making it shoot farther!

hahaha :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EDIT: pic wouldnt let me link it from a website so now i gotta make it a jpg and all this other bejaz so gimme a sec to put the pic

FutureMagOwner
07-23-2002, 09:06 AM
here it is but dont get angry with me because im just kiding around guys

magsRus
07-23-2002, 09:10 AM
you guys just wont let this thread die out

manike
07-23-2002, 09:12 AM
MagsRus

As the first person who started the thread you can get rid of it by, going to your first post and deleting it.

Et voila all gone :)

Or if you want it to stay but with no more posts you could politely ask a moderator to lock it and see what happens.

manike

sniper1rfa
07-23-2002, 09:35 AM
if this gets locked... riot! lol.

as to the dilbert thing, my favorite is the one with phil, the prince of insufficient light.

FutureMagOwner
07-23-2002, 04:23 PM
im surprised noone quoted me on the rail gun idea...