PDA

View Full Version : Can the washer move?

MrRottenTreats
07-22-2002, 10:58 AM
Has anyone had a problem with the washer inside their body moving? I believe that is the cause of my barrel problems. While I was testing out a mag that I recieved in a trade, I tried removing my barrel to no avail. I removed the trigger frame and rail and after I pulled it out, the barrel looked like it was pushed forward and damaged by the twist lock. When I put the gun back together, I could not get the barrel to go back far enough to twist. I took it apart again and when I looked in the twistlock hole, the groove in the barrel was forward in the hole instead of centered. Any advice?

DARTH MORG
07-22-2002, 08:36 PM
I HAVE ALL KINDS OF WASHERS IN MY BODY....I NEED TO STOP EATING HARDWARE. BUT SERIOUSLY THE BARREL LOCK IS SPRING LOADED. TRY REMOVING AND CLEAN IT THEN A LITTLE OIL SHOULD DO IT. IT IS ALSO ADJUSTABLE TRY BACKING THE SCREW OUT.

MrRottenTreats
07-22-2002, 09:58 PM
That has nothing to do with my problems. The barrel does not go back far enough to turn on the twistlock assembly. I believe that the washer that the barrel butts up against moved forward while firing, damaging the barrel and making it impossible to get the barrel back in after removal.

Telefragged
07-23-2002, 10:29 PM
There is no "Washer" that should interfere with the barrel operation. The part you are referring to is between the breech and bolt area. Its securely attached into the body and shouldn't move. Try putting some oil on your barrel o-rings and see if the twist-lock is bent or otherwise damaged.

BlackVCG
07-24-2002, 01:19 AM
Your front frame screw is probably too long. Unscrew it and then try pressing in the barrel. If it goes in fine, then file down the end of the screw to give more clearance.