PDA

View Full Version : L10 Bolt Stick Problem

legion
07-22-2002, 11:01 AM
Hello Everyone,

Interesting thing happens to me while playing on friday. I'm outdoor at a friends field where we're playing Outlaw, chrono'd in at roughly 265-280ish, working just fine. Showing off the emagnum board at 25bps (gotta love level 10 goodness) no chops, just lots and lots of paint in the air. Go to play for a few hours, it's getting hotter and hotter out, along with getting nice and humid. Second to last game that I play, I can't get my gun to fire consistently. I had enough air (~2000psi), and the gun had been working flawless prior to this game. But now the bolt is sticking forward. After bringing the gun home and cleaning it up, it was working just fine.

I guess my question is, has anyone had any problems with the L10 and temprature/humidity related conditions? I dont know if maybe it caused the carrier o-ring to swell just a little, or whatever. By this point in the day I had shot around 1700 rounds through it, I had dry fired the gun at least that often prior to actually playing, so it shouldnt be a break in kinda thing...

Let me know!

Legion

Johnny Bravo
07-22-2002, 12:56 PM
Did you oil your gun recently? Sometimes my Emag fires inconsistantly if I haven't oiled it in a while.

Doobie
07-22-2002, 12:59 PM
Some people that have had bolt stick after their gun was working fine just oiled it and fixed their problem. Tom addresses the bolt stick issue in the long version of the LX install.
Hope that helps.:)

legion
07-22-2002, 01:34 PM
Did you oil your gun recently? Sometimes my Emag fires inconsistantly if I haven't oiled it in a while.

Yeah, I had oiled it just prior to playing (5 drops through the ASA) and I had disassembled and oiled the powertip / valve the night before playing..

Some people that have had bolt stick after their gun was working fine just oiled it and fixed their problem. Tom addresses the bolt stick issue in the long version of the LX install.
Hope that helps.

Yeah, the way TK talks about it, I would need to add more shims, which fixed my original bolt stick issue (i run 3 shims, 4 makes me leak constantly, 3 works just fine). I'm thinking oiling it there would have maybe fixed the issue, but that would be a really sucktastic fix to have to oil your gun every ~1500 rounds...

Legion

TransMan
07-22-2002, 02:29 PM
Just oil it between each game it dont take that long.

legion
07-22-2002, 02:40 PM
I know it doesnt really take that long, but running it into a downwards pointing q/d hole is just annoying... I guess there are consequences to having new benefits...

Legion

animal
07-22-2002, 04:50 PM
I know you already know it, but you can try a bigger carrier :) One thing you should remember, the valve really heats up when you're firing at those rates, so that could cause some o-ring swelling just by itself. Glad to hear it's working mostly well :)