PDA

View Full Version : CT AO day

DoctorStox
07-22-2002, 02:02 PM
i have not seen an AO day for Connecticut yet on here. i might hvae missed it, but oh well, i'll have to make my own. i was thinking Hogan's Alley in Meriden. and dont think i picked that cause it is close to me, its actualy an hour 15 min away, but it's a nice field in a nice location. if anybody else thinks this is a good idea lmk. and if this works out, i am stealing Goose's idea of PIF for that day, or we can raffle things off or something.

07-22-2002, 02:23 PM
you got an address for Hogans Alley??

*edit*I have a micromag and I am not afraid to admit + I am not that big of man *edit*:p

Patron God of Pirates
07-22-2002, 02:26 PM
Make it September and I'm in. We've got lots of AO'ers here in NE and the northeast in general. A good lead time and some good organization and you could have a huge turnout for this one.

Let me know if you need any help.

07-22-2002, 02:38 PM
I am also planning on doing an AO meet in NY next year.

DoctorStox
07-22-2002, 02:53 PM
um, if u want the addy and info on Hogan's serach Hogan's Alley Paintball LLC on yahoo or google or something, but make sure u get the Meriden, not North Haven addy. i will try to have this whenever the most people can make it. so just tell me to add u to the list if u would like to try and make it.

cwuchu
07-22-2002, 04:48 PM
The website is www.hogansalleypaintball.com
They have great customer service, as I bought my gun from them. They'll even come to play in a different state with you! Nick Morroine(He was the owner when I dealt with the store. I have no idea if he still is or not) is a great guy who I bought my gun from and who came up to play at friendly fire in Upton, Mass. He is most likely the one to talk to to organize an AO day at his place. Although I've never played at Hogans Alley, I'm sure it's a great field. I believe they have two of them open now. Hope that helped a little.

DoctorStox
07-22-2002, 04:54 PM
they have a spool field, a tube speedball field, and a supair field. and their woodball field is goo,d but i didnt like it as much as the speedball fields. i am goin there this saturday and i'll talk to the guys about an AO day, and they guys are really cool there, they are nice, and make the game cool for all players, they have a bunkering option, so if there is a newb or little kid on the field they wont get hurt. the paint prices are the best i have seen around and admition is at a very good price, with a byop or fpo option, check out there site.

FreshmanBob
07-22-2002, 05:03 PM
I'm up for some of that, CT isn't too far from jersey. One of you guys try talkin to the owner(s).

07-22-2002, 05:16 PM
only about a 45 minutes drive for me just make sure to make it after IAO. :D

LittleJP
07-22-2002, 05:25 PM
I would go without a doubt...I live about 20 minutes away and it is my fav. field

DoctorStox
07-22-2002, 06:30 PM
IAO?

than205
07-22-2002, 06:46 PM
I think we should consider having a New England one in NH at Adventure Games. Since they donated a bunch of passes to the last WLIPP.

Timmee
07-22-2002, 06:59 PM
I've never been there, but I'd be up for Hogan's Alley. I'd also be interested in attending other AO Days in other NE states. September would also be great for me, as I'd be able to take the time off easier.

Mango
07-22-2002, 07:53 PM
I think if you make one central meet, like in NH, you will get more people!! Try to consolodate it.

Telefragged
07-22-2002, 10:07 PM
If there EVER was an AO day anywhere in CT, I eould make it in my best interest to come along with my RTP and Flatline...

oldsoldier
07-22-2002, 11:04 PM
Well, ppl in MA, CT, and NH all want one...like everyone suggets, consolidate one for all NE (and anyone else who wants\ to attend). Make it late september into october so I can go! My military deployment ends sometimes middle of sep...and I would really like to go to one in NE.

Timmee
07-23-2002, 06:55 AM
Why not a Connecticut AND a New England AO day?

shartley
07-23-2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
Well, ppl in MA, CT, and NH all want one...like everyone suggets, consolidate one for all NE (and anyone else who wants\ to attend). Make it late september into october so I can go! My military deployment ends sometimes middle of sep...and I would really like to go to one in NE.
I agree! And I also agree that it should be in September or October… why? Because some of us need that much notice to put it into our schedules. It would also allow more planning.

I know I would be hard pressed to make one even in early August (as is being discussed in the MA AO Day thread)…

Patron God of Pirates
07-23-2002, 08:16 AM
NH would be the best location for a NE AO day, but with CT you can draw allot of the peeps from NJ, NY, and PA.

I suppose the best thing to do is make a poll.

shartley
07-23-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Patron God of Pirates
NH would be the best location for a NE AO day, but with CT you can draw allot of the peeps from NJ, NY, and PA.
I also agree. NH would be more central for the greater part of NE. MA would be fine, but I think CT is too far for a NE AO Day. NY and PA had a chance to go to the NJ AO Day, and I know that for many people driving that far was not an option (yes some did, Phil and others, but that is not the norm).

My vote would be to NOT have the NE Day on CT. It just excludes too many ACTUAL New England players. NH or MA would be best IMHO.

Wc Keep
07-23-2002, 09:09 AM
i wouldnt mind playing in the ne. i actually have yet to play out of state. only thing i would need to ride with someone. if someone doesnt mind giving me a ride to this one i wouldnt mind splitting traveling expenses.

Mango
07-23-2002, 09:21 AM
I agree with Shartley and everyone that agrees with him. It would have to be sometime in Sept. or Oct. in order for me and my friends to make it. I don't think BlackCell could make it as a team (maybe). But I've driven to Boston and back a couple times, It's a nice 8 hour drive for me from South Jersey, and I wouldnt mind driving at all.

LittleJP
07-23-2002, 09:48 AM
How about we have it at Cape Cod paintball, if we must have it in MA....dunno.

dio91
07-23-2002, 10:30 AM
An AO day at Hogans would be awesome, that place rocks. I know tons of people that would want to come too.

DoctorStox
07-23-2002, 10:32 AM
well, ok, who here has been to an AO day so far? how do they? i mean, what we could do, is have 1 person represent each NE state. they would recruit the people for their state, and then those inner few could decide on a location and a time. i know some people would hate not being the rep, but u gotta understand that the rep would also have to do a lot of work. i wouldnt mind being the CT rep, i got nothin better to do as is. then if we get a rep for NY, MA, NJ, NH, ME, etc. then the reps can also plan things like raffles or other things to have fun. if we do it somewhere where they have a big field and a camp site, we can ahve a 2 day thing, since there might be enough people where it will take a week for us to get to know each other. lmk what u guys think and we can get the reps together and start planning this, it will take a while or so i think. wow, that's long, whatever.

Patron God of Pirates
07-23-2002, 10:36 AM
It won't be easy to recruit people until a location has been decided on.

DoctorStox
07-23-2002, 10:45 AM
ok, but i think having reps will make it easier than having a group of people decide on it. i mean, how many people on here live in NE, i think a lot. so having reps will just make it simplified. after that, whoever makes it, makes it, if they cant, so be it. obviously a time and place would be decided on so that a majority could make it.

Patron God of Pirates
07-23-2002, 11:42 AM
HoppysMag and I have just begun preparing AO Day NE. We are looking for a centralized location that will give us a good deal. The date we are looking at is Oct. 5th. Official announcement hopefully by next week,

DoctorStox, check your PM's.

shartley
07-23-2002, 11:42 AM
I agree, and the final location would dictate who the logical "official" reps would be.

(ignore image)

Wc Keep
07-23-2002, 12:06 PM
awfully cute image there shartley...:cool: