PDA

View Full Version : What movies have you crying like a big girly wuss?

Jonneh
07-22-2002, 02:27 PM
Umm... yeah

I've never actually opened up yet, but the only film that had me close was the end of Gladiator. Which coincidentally is a brilliant film.

Your turn! What film has reduced you to a sniffing pile of blubbering sadness?

splat15k
07-22-2002, 02:30 PM
No Way! We share the same story! I too have never cried over a movie, but i came close to doing so at the end of Gladiator. Wierd

FactsOfLife
07-22-2002, 02:35 PM
Ol' Yeller.

and ANY guy that says he didn't cry at the end of that is lying through the gap in his teeth.

BTW that mnovie is the only allowable movie for a guy to cry at, any other one, and well....

InfinatyBPS
07-22-2002, 02:38 PM
Alot of movies realy make me sad seeing as how being alone and death depresses me greatly...
One sad movie was City of Angels... pretty good movie...

ScoobYSnax
07-22-2002, 02:41 PM
I didn't exactly start weepin like a baby, but in Saving Private Ryan there were definitely some close moments...

Mango
07-22-2002, 02:50 PM
Lots of movies have parts that get to me. Then I look around to see if anyone noticed!! hahaha I'm such a girly man. :mad: :p

Jonno06
07-22-2002, 03:28 PM
yea,ive never "cried" during a movie..i just got something in my eye...:rolleyes:

gladiator kinda...

i dont think ive ever seen ol' yeller

Army
07-22-2002, 03:38 PM
Last 20 minutes of Braveheart. Watching those big burly Highlanders blubber as Wallace is dying just tears me up.

The speech given by the "President" before the rag-tag group of pilots attack for the final time in Independance Day. Despite it being a fantasy movie, my pride just swells as an American every time I watch him give it.

I only wish that GW could have said the same after 9-11, America would never have looked back.

Flip540
07-22-2002, 03:57 PM
what about the green mile. that was a sad movie.

TransMan
07-22-2002, 04:20 PM
OK i never cried after seeing Ole Yeller the only movie i really cried during was Where the Red Fern Grows but that was when I was like 5 or summin. I kinda teared up at the end of Brave Heart which is my favorite movie.

covadsucks
07-22-2002, 07:11 PM
Army is the Man...aside from Braveheart. I can't say I cried, but it made me want to was Black Hawk Down, when they had to open up the poor Ranger's leg to get the femoral atery. I make damn sure no one thinks I am teary eyed cuz I am not the most sociable looking man...always scowling and looking mad, to being all sad all weepy, nah. It aint happenin'.

obsolete898
07-22-2002, 07:18 PM
I've creid after a couple movies. Most recently was in Black Hawk Down when the mob pulls the bodies of the Delta Force guys out of the helicopter. That enfuriated me so much that I had a few tears.

Here's a tip to every guy out there, it's ok to cry. If you don't think it's ok for men to cry and you teach that, you have a good chance of messing up your kids psychologically. Especially your daughter.

mykroft
07-22-2002, 07:24 PM
Braveheart & Gladiator had me close, but it took Saving Private Ryan to set me off.

Of course, I watched it immediately after watching Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket.

covadsucks
07-22-2002, 08:10 PM
Ok, Ok. For some reason the Mambo King's made my brother cry. In the beginning of the movie Armand Assante got his throat cut as payback for his brother seeing some woman...my bad@## big brother called me bawling like a baby, wanting to make sure I was ok.

XspyX
07-22-2002, 08:33 PM
Black hawk Down got me teary eyed. Specificaly the part when the Delta Snipers came down to rescue Durant. When Durant ran out of ammo and faced the Somali mob, and was grabbing for the photo of his daughter.

spazzed
07-22-2002, 08:40 PM
Black Hawk Down. Didn't bawl, but I sure as hell wanted too. I don't even remember any of the events happening, not did I care at the time, I was too young. But every time I think about it now, I get severely pissed off & want to kick some scum-bag ***. Oh & bawl like a baby ;)

obsolete898
07-22-2002, 08:43 PM
I had my fists clenched and my teeth were grinding during most of that movie. Pretty hard stuff to stomach.

ThePatriot
07-22-2002, 08:50 PM
I didnt even get close to weeping at all during Black Hawk Down, not one tear. I dunno, however the end of gladiator almost got me.

Python14
07-22-2002, 09:22 PM
I got a little teary eyed during Saving Private ryan and Braveheart but the one film that got to me the most was the iron giant. Actually no, I lied.

I got really teary eyed during Braveheart.

Ov3rmind
07-22-2002, 09:24 PM
Saving Private Ryan and Bravheart were the only ones. I dunno, Gladiator and Black Hawk Down weren't so bad for me (although Black Hawk Down was a pretty intense movie).

Strider
07-22-2002, 09:30 PM
Lilo and Stitch. Well, I guess I didn't, but I came close when he was all alone in the universe... :)

While not a movie, the finale to Babylon 5 always drives me to tears. What an incredible series...

cris8762
07-22-2002, 09:35 PM
dude....... BAMBI .... (the disney movie u perverts:p ;) :D ) that got me kinda choked up when bambi's mom died and bambi was like "mother?! mother?! where are you?!" that and the part where the 2nd delta sniper in black hawk down got killed and they ravaged his body then got the pilot.....that choked me up too:mad: :( , but usually i dont let stuff like that bother me.....i'm a pretty solid guy when it comes to stuff like that, i've had 3 grandparents die in the past 3 years and when they died i felt bad but not like crying in grief..just upset...

actually i cried once when i got home from camp and found out that my grandpa died and my dad had a heart attack, that shocked me and i cried for like a minute....but that's it (sorry i'm not meaning to tell my life story to everyone, i just felt it was kinda relevant)

BTAutoMag
07-22-2002, 11:10 PM
radio flyer

i think thats what its called. it had the two boys the abusive father and the caring mother. the boys built an airplane out of a wagon and one of them flew away with their dog and pet turtle. still to the day the only movie that can reduce me to tears every time

Telefragged
07-23-2002, 12:23 AM
Not trying to act "cool" or anything, but movies don't evoke emotion out of me, I've never cried (within my memory) during any movie I've seen.

Sure, there are movies that are sad, Gladitor, BlackHawk Down, Saving Private Ryan... and I could go on, but I don't seem to be affected by movies much at all.

Am I just a cold-hearted wierdo or what?!

obsolete898
07-23-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Telefragged
Am I just a cold-hearted wierdo or what?!

Yes.:D

covadsucks
07-23-2002, 12:47 AM
If nothing bothers you then you musta been raised by Fraser and Lilith Crane from Cheers.

InfinatyBPS
07-23-2002, 01:03 AM
Ya, the green mile was pretty bad, and Cast Away, And Forest Gump, wtf, it must just be Tom Hank's thing to make people cry...

MajorDamage
07-23-2002, 01:08 AM
Peewee's Big Adventure...I mean...SOMEONE STOLE HIS <I>AWESOME</I> BIKE! Thats just...WRONG!

ENDO!

Hexis
07-23-2002, 02:25 AM
Braveheart made me a lil watery. Sleeping In Light (last Babylon 5 Ep) was damn close, but the one movie that hit me hardest was Shindler's List. I still can't bring myself to watch the laserdisc.

shartley
07-23-2002, 06:58 AM
Well, I find that the older I get, the more “teary” I get at movies. Strange huh?

A lot of you mentioned the normal ones that one might expect to get teared up in, but I have a funny one….

I would have never thought it would, but for SOME reason whenever I see Edward Scissor Hands it gets me. LOL There are others, but none I can think of right off the top of my head, but ESH sticks in my head because it is such an unrealistic movie. Yet two parts in it ALWAYS get me tearing up. LOL And then I have to laugh at myself. :)

FutureMagOwner
07-23-2002, 08:00 AM
i never cry at a movie or anything like that but things get to me. gladiator didnt because he wanted to die and he killed the whiney incest lovin fruit cake.

been a while since ive seen saving private ryan but i dont remeber a part where it got to me sorta. possibly the end because i dont remeber the end end part i remeber the dude died maybe that could have gotten to me. O Well

are the selling band of brother in a video set because i dont got cable and it would be nice to see it

magking1971
07-23-2002, 07:27 PM
Braveheart, Gladiator (when he found his wife and kid)

Vegeta
07-23-2002, 08:19 PM
The first fifteen minutes of Saving Private ryan were horrible enough, let alone the rest of the movie. I don't think I let go but it was hard.

Ever been to a movie (or read a book) that was just so.. so good that you just got that wierd feeling? or one of thsoe movies that were so realistic it made you think a wee bit too much?

"Conspiracy Theory" had me putting empty beer bottles on top my door knob for a month.

I watched "Patlobr 2: The Movie" four times just to get it all, and to grasp the idea of waht *exactly* was going on.

Several... ok almost all of the Tom Clancy novels I have read made me tottaly paranoid about foriegn affairs and shady people in general... they still do :/

Vegeta
07-23-2002, 08:28 PM
Gotenks htat flash movie is like so horrible i am goign to be dreaming about high pitched talking muffins for like ten years know oh many thats is so messed up...

personman
07-23-2002, 08:28 PM
I cried when I saw how good muffins were.. I really did
and I get teary eyed in alot of movies, only sad ones though, and I never have cried...
my mom cries in just about every movie she sees...

oldsoldier
07-23-2002, 08:43 PM
Home movies.

Havoc_online
07-23-2002, 09:02 PM
only thing I can think of right now that got me teary eyed is the part in Titanic when the old couple are holding hands on the bed and the mother is putting her kids to bed.

Rancid Milk
07-24-2002, 10:09 AM
I don't cry in very many movies but PEARL HARBOR!!! The end was so sad. He's all "Don't Die! You're gonna be a daddy!" And then there was Saving Private Ryan whan Tom Hanks is sitting there waiting for the tank to crush him and then it blows up! I was about to cry but then when it blew up I tried to stop and looked around to make sure no one noticed:D And I think when I was like 4 I cried in fear of that octopus lady in little mermaid.

07-24-2002, 11:50 AM
I think I only cried once and that was in Beauty and the BEast when I was like 3 or 4. Otherwise I hold it in. Or I just say to myself this is just a movie. :cool:

Jonneh
07-24-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Rancid Milk
PEARL HARBOR!!!

Hahaha, pansy, that film was so terribly bad, i couldn't help laughing. To each his own I guess.

Rancid Milk
07-24-2002, 04:29 PM
Hey, I thought it was sad.

covadsucks
07-24-2002, 04:43 PM
The Royal Tenenbaums made me want to cry from disgust. That was by far the stupidest movie I'd ever seen. I couldn't watch it, I had to leave ten minutes into the movie it was so lame.

Ultimator
07-24-2002, 05:09 PM
The Green Mile had me crying like a sissy baby in 2 parts. I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone so I won't say which.

Shartley has a point though lol ... Ed Scissorhands does get me a wee bit teary too.

For some reason Saving Private Ryan NEVER got to me. I own the movie and I watch it once every week or two and I don't tear up at all. *Shrug* Oh well.

Braveheart was an excellent movie and I think I teared up when he yelled "freedom."

TylerDurden
07-24-2002, 08:27 PM
"The Lion King". When Muphasa-(sp)saved his son, but then died. I hate scare-face!!!:mad:

Miscue
07-24-2002, 10:30 PM
Glory, Titanic, Pearl Harbor, Boys on the Side (my girlfriend had me watch it... it's actually quite good), Gladiator, My Girl, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Mohabbatein (for anyone familiar with Bollywood), plenty others.

Doesn't take much to make me cry... :(

But don't let that make you think I won't slap you up on the field... :)

Gijim
07-25-2002, 12:24 AM
Alright couldn't resist posting on this one. This will date me but I cried twice in E.T. of course I was like 10. So 2 nights ago I watched it again( first time since the early 80'S) and got teary eyed again. Now that is just weird, especially since I knew how it would end:cool: My pick goes to Braveheart awesome movie very intense!!

einhander619
07-25-2002, 12:36 AM
I can't believe noone has said this one yet...
In The Patriot with Mel Gibson, you know how his daughter won't speak to him, and he says, just say anything, but she won't, and he walks off, and then his daughter runs after him yelling "Daddy, I'll say anything!!!" That got me to roll a couple down my cheek.

I didn't cry at Blackhawk Down, but I did want to be the one to push the button and wipe that entire part of the world off the map... I still do, now more than ever.

pbstu
07-25-2002, 02:19 AM
black hawk down was sssooo bad, sorry for anyone who liked it but it was 3 hours of shooting and american patriotism, and nothing else, disgusting.

stu.

Jonneh
07-25-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by pbstu
black hawk down was sssooo bad, sorry for anyone who liked it but it was 3 hours of shooting and american patriotism, and nothing else, disgusting.

stu.
agreed totally on the patriotism (which was odd seeing as it was a Ridley Scott film who = brit), but I thought the action/shooting was excellent, Ridley Scott is an amazing director, see my Gladiator comments ^^

scarpa43
07-25-2002, 09:39 AM
The two that come to mind for me, Schindler's List and My Life.

The end of Schindler's list when they transition from the actors to the actual Schindler jews that were saved, and the stats about 1,500 jews in Poland and 6,000 direct descendants of the Schindler jews.

In My Life when Michael Keaton talks to his wife about being told 6 months earlier that he had 6 months to live and that from then on he was living on "borrowed time"

ShooterJM
07-25-2002, 02:14 PM
Braveheart was tough, Saving Private Ryan, yeah that seen with the old couple in Titanic. Haven't seen Black Hawk Down.

Ok so you're all gonna think I'm nutz but has anyone seen The Professional? The last main scene when he's trying to rescue the girl from the swat team? Man. That gets me everytime.

Not cry, but come close.

pbstu
07-25-2002, 03:19 PM
I thought the action/shooting was excellent

ya i agree jonneh but it was hours of it, it got old really fast.

stu.

MagMan5446
07-25-2002, 03:57 PM
I don't cry. Haven't since 4th grade.

covadsucks
07-25-2002, 04:37 PM
The Professional was tight, didn't make me cry but it did suck to see Leon get smoked.

You guys forgot the Deer Hunter. When Christopher Walken finally loses at the table...man, made me wanna sell my sniffle some.

Hamster Huey
07-26-2002, 02:21 PM
The Professional - excellent movie. Jean Reno just exudes that cool French mystique - definitely one of my favorite actors.

The movie that just about busted me in two was shown in the WWII museum in New Orleans. It was a short documentary talking about the war in the Pacific, and I don't think there was a dry eye in the entire place by the end of it. It made you angry, sad, and happy all at the same time.

Thordic
07-26-2002, 02:35 PM
I can't watch Ol' Yeller. I just turn the TV off before he pulls the trigger and walk away :)

pito189
07-27-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Army
Last 20 minutes of Braveheart. Watching those big burly Highlanders blubber as Wallace is dying just tears me up.

The speech given by the "President" before the rag-tag group of pilots attack for the final time in Independance Day. Despite it being a fantasy movie, my pride just swells as an American every time I watch him give it.

I only wish that GW could have said the same after 9-11, America would never have looked back.

Army I couldn't argee with you more. That speech he gives gives me chills to this day every time I listen to it. Its some seriously good writing.

Restola
07-29-2002, 11:13 AM
Saving Private Ryan and Braveheart are my two also.

And if Army was talking about the speech in Independance Day, thats one of mine too :)

Oh yeah and I cant remember which one but one of Reagan's speaches almost got me.

Hamster Huey
07-29-2002, 11:01 PM
Man, if I had a great soundtrack to back me up, just the right lighting, fans offscreen blowing wind in my hair, good scriptwriting, and good camera work, I could give some pretty darn stirring speeches, too.

I've always maintained that life would be much more interesting with a soundtrack to accompany it.

wingman898
07-29-2002, 11:10 PM
Too many to list. I tell my GF that I am the Bi%^H in the relationship, LMAO. My mom always told me that I am sensitive....and women(including Morgan) have always really liked that about me. It's weird because I have this side of me and then I have the side that most people see. people around me say that I have this presence that I'm not a person to fool with. Being 6' and 230 lbs. helps with that one though. :p

LittleJP
07-29-2002, 11:15 PM
The Thin Red line, just the beauty of the end, cracks my shell of manliness every time I watch it. The image at the end of Blackhawk Down also does it, the bleak and hopeless ending, knowing that stuff will continue to go on, and the picture of them running against the dusty, hopeless sky.

wingman898
07-29-2002, 11:23 PM
that's not what is sad about that movie man. If you were in the military you'd understand. To see a general get on his knees and wipe up blood? Never seen. Shows you how much pain he was feeling. Just like the rangers Capt. when he held his troop's hand when the troop said, "Don't go out there without me." That is where the powerfull stuff is.

Aranarth
07-30-2002, 07:15 PM
I can't think of the last time I felt choked up enough over a movie to be even close to crying. Just can't get into the storyline as much, guess. Quite a few books, yes. And for some odd reason sometimes. But not movies.
-AranarthX

Vegeta
07-30-2002, 08:14 PM
Dude... the BRAVE LITTLE TOATSTER kinda made me sad in some parts.... the other night it was on TV so i watched it.. that is a great movie.When I first watched it when i was like four that big magnetic scrap crane thing scared me tho...

Anyone see "Life is Beautiful"? That is jsut a well written movie, and there is jsut this one part that... I won't say for reason of a spoiler but....
The movie takes place during WWII, and the Nazis take away this guy and his family.. it is just really sad.

Antitrust made me almost cry of joy becasue THAT IS SUCH A GREAT MOVIE (sorry, shameless plug... but seriously even though it did horrible in teh box office it is one of my favorites.. go rent it..)

LittleJP
07-30-2002, 08:42 PM
I looked at the general wiping the blood in a different manner. The blood never is picked up; it just gets spread. This, to me, meant that the general's actions were merely spreading the problem rather than fixing it, and thus I lost respect for him : P.

And I do have military background; I watched it with my dad (intelligence officer in west germany in the 60s) and my granddad (navy veteran of WW2 -his ship, on which he was a radio officer, was sunk by kamikazes in the philipines). Oh well, I guess I just have a differing view -disagreeing is good.

puckmaster
07-31-2002, 12:43 AM
Bamby. Not realy, but gladiator got me close though.

Psycow
07-31-2002, 06:40 AM
A movie that got me close to tears was Satan's Prey. Not that it was sad, just because it was so terrible bad, can't believe I wasted the time watching that. Must be the worst movie ever made :p Ok, actually I was too busy laughin at how terrible the acting is to actually cry but thinking about how I can never get that hour and a half back...

wingman898
07-31-2002, 05:34 PM
If you had a military background you'd realize that people in the military need to follow the orders that are given to them...like it or not. Why in the world would you lose respect for him...he clearly didn't agree with the parameters of that mission(lack of air support mainly). He didn't cause more death......the beurocrats in wash. did.

I'd reiterate my previous statement but it's right up there......He wiped that up because he knew it shouldn't have been that way.....it was a display of guilt/sadness that he HAD to send those men in to die.

LittleJP
07-31-2002, 08:16 PM
fine fine, i guess i didnt REALLY mean i lost respect. Im just, uhhh, not good with words (?). Oh well I see what you see in it. No harm intended. (dont hurt me) Lol.

fanera17
08-01-2002, 02:03 AM
Remember the Titans
Gladiator
Armagedon

banzaimf
08-01-2002, 02:45 AM
Hey Wingman, The guy who said to not go out there without him, passed away. That was Ruiz.

The part that got me in BlackHawk Down was the room of bodybags at the end. I've lost too many friends that I know were in those same bags after training accidents etc....

Saving Private Ryan, there is something powerful in going to a WW2 cemetery in Europe. Seeing the rows upon symmetrical rows of headstones. I couldn't handle it real well when I saw them in real life nor on film.

Glory, when the 2 antagonists (broderick and Washington) get thrown into the grave, one atop the other. To spend eternity with the man who you had fought so much with.

and The Crow, it came along at a poignant time in my life.

Lastly, one that got me severely messed up when seeing, but for only one scene, was Behind Enemy Lines. Too much personal experience in that area of the world during that time frame. When he ends up in the mass grave, I lost it and went kinda catatonic for a bit. Freaked out my buddy who's bright idea it was to watch that movie.

banzaimf

and yes, blackhawk down was a 3 hour gun battle on film. They were depicting a gun battle. Funny how that works.

bigsarge72
08-01-2002, 03:06 PM
Being in the military for over 8 years now, sometimes those comrades-in-arms movies get to me (most the time I just get really mad, like the scene in Saving Private Ryan, where the wuss reporter guy is sitting on the stairs while the guy is fighting with the german upstairs...I get mad everytime I watch that part, but sometimes they get to me).
However, any movie where someone loses someone they truly love really gets to me. I happen to love my wife a great deal, and the thought of losing her, well...
If that makes me a wuss, then I am proud to be one :D
I think Where the Red Fern Grows was worse for me than Ol' Yellar, because I had an Irish Setter when I was growing up.

Oh yeah, and The Piano. The movie didn't make me cry, but I wanted to cry because it sucked sooooooo bad and my ex-wife was making me watch it;)

sarge

AutoMaggot
08-01-2002, 03:23 PM
Schindler's list... by far.

MikeCouves
08-01-2002, 03:52 PM
Well, don't laugh, but A Walk to Remember. The end got me all lumpy. That's about all I can recall. But I must say in Black Hawk Down when they revaged the chopper I was furious. It's terrible because that kind of stuff happens in real life.

bigsarge72
08-01-2002, 04:59 PM
The really terrible thing is...that did happen in real life. One of the wives who didn't know if her husband was alive or dead during that situation, found out he was dead when she saw the Somalis dragging her husband's body through the streets of Mogadishu.

sarge

banzaimf
08-01-2002, 05:37 PM
I think some of you guys forget something about BlackHawk Down

Sgt. First Class Randy Shughart, a Delta soldier killed defending the crew of Super 64.

Master Sgt. Gary Gordon, a Delta soldier who was killed after jumping in to defend the crew of Super 64.

CWO Cliff Wolcott, pilot of Super 61.

CWO Donovan Briley, copilot of Super 61.
Staff Sgt. William Cleveland, a crew chief on Super 64.

Staff Sgt. Thomas Field, a crew chief on Super 64.

CWO Raymond Frank, copilot of Super 64.

Staff Sgt. Daniel Busch, who crashed on Super 61 and was killed defending the downed crew.

Sgt. Cornell Houston, who was killed fighting on the rescue convoy.

Sgt. Casey Joyce, who was killed on the Lost Convoy.

Spec. James Cavaco, who was killed on the Lost Convoy.

Cpl. Jamie Smith, who bled to death with the pinned-down force around crash site one.

Sgt. Dominick Pilla, who was killed on the convoy rescuing Pfc. Todd Blackburn.

Pfc. Richard Kowalewski, who was killed on the Lost Convoy.

Sgt. Lorenzo Ruiz, who was killed on the Lost Convoy.

Sgt. First Class Earl Fillmore, Delta soldier killed moving to the first crash site.

Pfc. James Martin, who was killed on the rescue convoy.

Master Sgt. Tim "Griz" Martin a Delta soldier killed on the Lost Convoy.

LittleJP
08-01-2002, 05:56 PM
man that list hit me real hard

lillfroboy
08-01-2002, 10:32 PM
The Road To Perididition that movie was awesome you knew he was going to die at the begining but you didnt know when so it had the suspence allthe way through of when he was going to die than all of a sudden when you least espect it (he looked soo happy:) :) :) ) than boom he was dead i was like noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *a couple of words not to be spoken here* and i had tears running down my cheaks ................ it was an awesome movie..................... i here best male porformance and best drama coming on again this year for tom hanks

bigsarge72
08-02-2002, 12:28 AM
uhhh...not everyone has seen the movie yet ;)

wingman898
08-03-2002, 04:04 PM
I'm right there with ya bigsarge......when I see movies that someone(a man) loses the woman of their life i instantly put myself in that situation(as if it's me on screen). Ever see Vanilla Sky? That one got me pretty bad that way.

Legends of the fall got me pretty badly because the Col. Reminds me of my father quite a bit...I don't have a very good relationship with him but he still loves me the best out of all his boys(he told me that). I don't speak to him often at all.....so the part when Tristan comes home from his travels and learns that his father had a stroke...broke my arse up bad.

Good Will Hunting gets me all the time too.......Like I said: "I tell mt GF that I am the Bi&^% of the relationship!" But she loves me for it so it's all good.

Sir Chopsalot
08-04-2002, 03:04 AM
ehhhhh i just got done watching american history x. the end is kinda sad.....just thought i would share