PDA

View Full Version : Do you really need the regulator in the A.I.R.?

slightly off center
07-22-2002, 04:03 PM
I'm just wondering if it would be possible to eliminate the regulating part of the A.I.R. valve on stock mags. Supposing you took the guts out of the AIR valve (i.e. the reg seat, reg valve pin, etc. . .) and ran air through an inline reg, through the stripped out AIR valve, to the on/off valve.
I'm not really interested in doing this, I'm just wondering if it would work. The only possible change I can see would be a different recharge time due to different sized pressurized air resiviors.
Any thoughts?

TransMan
07-22-2002, 05:39 PM
Yeah you could prob get it to work but prob not as good.

sniper1rfa
07-22-2002, 06:22 PM
it works fine, lots of people have done it.

Coaster
07-22-2002, 07:12 PM
what would be more consistent an AIR reg or a palmer stabalizer?

mykroft
07-22-2002, 07:13 PM
It's a neat idea, if you are running a Max-Flo, otherwise you aren't likely to pick up any performance doing it.

a_malfunction
07-22-2002, 07:17 PM
The AIR valve is quite capable. It is one of the better regs on the market. Its been done before and it didnt provide any advantages.

Telefragged
07-23-2002, 10:33 PM
Unless you're using an extremely consistent tank regulator, like a Max-Flow there's little to no performance ain over the AIR regulator. It probably one of the best regulators out there, and is very adequate for any firing you're going to be doing on a mechanical Mag. Air America pretty mugh copied the design of the AIR regulator and they still use it on their tanks and secondary regulators.

Army
07-24-2002, 09:15 AM
Yes, it is possible and has been done. However, to make it work, you have to add a regulator! So you really aren't gaining anything.

The AGD AIR valve is one of the best regs in paintball, and is the heart of the Automag system.

BTW; Howdy local boy! I'm out in the Laguna Lake area. PM me for where I go to play, so we can get together on the same side.