PDA

View Full Version : Ohio AO Meet.

CRog075
07-22-2002, 06:01 PM
We got some people that want one in ohio, so if you want an Ohio one, please post here and we should have someone set it up, cause I will come to an ohio one and its close to lots of stats in the nothern eastern.

Restola
07-22-2002, 06:10 PM
We were thinking of having one, but only 4 people showed any interest. I'd still go to one.

CRog075
07-22-2002, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I mean its so clost to many popular northern easstern states ie michigan, new york kinda, penn., Illionois. bah I cant spell states, but I say we go for one.

rx2
07-22-2002, 06:58 PM
Again, I would be interested.
Hopefully there will be more responses here from interested players. The only problem I forsee is that there may not be many Ohioans in this forum, and competition from other regions may keep initial response from outside residents low. As such, it may take a while to get the ball rolling, but I think we may be able to acheive something if we keep this thread going long enough.
Also, hype your local fields. If we can show Ohio fields can compete, that will help things out.

irbodden
07-22-2002, 07:10 PM
I am up for one.. Cleveland here..

hawpunch
07-22-2002, 07:54 PM
i'd be interested, but don't have a ride. the nearest field to me is paintball city in euclid.

aloha,

jae park

rx2
07-22-2002, 07:56 PM
I should mention that it might be worthwhile to first ask some local fields about the opportunity to host an AO day. I know that many fields will offer group rates, and they might even flex a little.
I am going to be out of town for a little while, so I won't be able to contact any fields. But, I suggest someone try Splatterpark as a start. It is nicely sized, it offers variety, and it is centrally located. Also, they have pretty good pricing on various brands of paint. Info is at www.splatterpark.com
Again, if we can show competetive fields, we may fare better. Once people see that the fields are quality, and decently priced, they will be more apt to opt for an Ohio AO.

rx2
07-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Jae,
I am sure you could be accomodated with a ride if something came about. I am in Cleveland, which isn't too far.

spyder3634
07-22-2002, 08:51 PM
i live south of dayton, there is a great field here, 3-D Paintball. we have ultimate air and in a week hyperball. i know there are some AO's from around the dayton, cincy, are....:)

irbodden
07-22-2002, 09:06 PM
We might be better off shooting for an AO day in Pennsylvania sometime next spring. If we move it to there we will be alot more likely to get more people, and I am up for driving an hour or two..

jah871
07-22-2002, 10:09 PM
hey id go, what field are we gonan have it at and i think it would be best to have it on a weekend preferably saturday.

TransMan
07-22-2002, 10:20 PM
I might be able to make it up there

TRIAD
07-22-2002, 10:55 PM
I'm all for one in Ohio, I think that'd be a great place to have it with all the states surrounding it.

CRog075
07-22-2002, 11:06 PM
Sweet, so far it looks like we got quite a bit who would like to. Keep the yes' coming.

Supatravis
07-22-2002, 11:13 PM
I think it would be great to have one in ohio thats just because i live here and i wouldnt have to travel far but yeah you got my vote

Snakebite78
07-22-2002, 11:17 PM
im up too. Theres an indoor field in cleveland and it seems there are a lot of us near there. Just a thought

hawpunch
07-23-2002, 02:50 AM
snakebite,

are you referring to paintball city? that's the field that i frequent since its so close to my location and i can catch the bus there. its a little costly though, but the field owner is pretty cool and he does do group rates.

aloha,

jae park

scrambler
07-23-2002, 08:15 AM
i,m up for an ao in ohio. splatterpark would be good since it is sort of central. i,m in the canton area myself. just post a date and time in advance to get time off work..supatravis you can walk there..haha

wyn1370
07-23-2002, 08:24 AM
I might be able to make an Ohio AO day. Might even be able to drag synreal and Fred along as well. Depends on when it is.

wsebastian
07-23-2002, 09:18 AM
I'm interested I live just a little ways south of cleveland. I know my brother would go too.

CRog075
07-23-2002, 02:40 PM
Alrite cool, we got enough people i think, would any one like to set it all up? We can either do splatterpark or one in cleveland. Its up to you guys or the person who will be setting this up and orgainzed.

irbodden
07-23-2002, 03:40 PM
CROG- It may be a good idea to make the date some time next Spring, so we can get plenty of outta-staters. Cleveland would be nice, there is also a field in Chardon, Pinnacle Woods, heard it is decent.

BTW- I am still here in Chicago for another month till I move to Chesterland..

rx2
07-23-2002, 05:33 PM
I was just down at Pinnacle woods the other week. It is mostly woods, but they do have a Pyperball field. The only problem is that the paint is a bit more costly, 80 bucks a case to be exact. Also, it is very think-shelled. Other than that, it is a nice setup.

CRog075
07-23-2002, 05:48 PM
Ok we can make it next srping or summer, that way I can drive to other citites in Ohio. If you want it next spring or summer, reply and say it.

jah871
07-23-2002, 06:08 PM
i think we shoudl do one late fall or early spring maybe if we could find an indoor place have it there sometime this winter. i really think it should be a few months away so we can get people from all over to come, like the nj ao meet. indian springs has decent prices but is outdoor only but we can schedule it so we have a private field. northeast survival paitnball is the field snakebite78 is talking about and i belive its located in parma and they have an indoor field as well as an outdoor. another good choice would be the splatterpark.

irbodden
07-23-2002, 06:22 PM
Next spring/summer, lets try to get lots of non locals come..

jah871
07-23-2002, 06:53 PM
i think late fall is plenty of time to get this organized and for the non-locals to plan on it. i was thinking early to mid october. anyone else have an input?

rx2
07-23-2002, 07:38 PM
It might be problematic getting some out of towners to clear up their schedule enough to make it in the early fall. By late fall, things might get a little iffy weather-wise, and there aren't too many indoor facilities that I know of that would hold many people. Paintball city would be a possibility, but other than that I can't say that there are any large enough.
If we want this to be something on the larger side, then it looks as if our best bet will be outdoor fields, as they are obviously the most accomodating to larger groups. I don't know of any consolidated indoor/outdoor parks in the area, but that could simplify things.
Considering weather, and planning, an outdoor venue might be best played in the spring. It is possible to get something together by early fall, but it seems that there are a few who might feel a little rushed, especially if they are out of state. It is possible that the longer people have to plan, the more likely they will be to come.
On the flip side, I suppose it is possible that if we wait too long, interest might wane in favor of possible meets in other states. And, there is no telling how an Ohio spring will turn out.

I suppose the best bet right now is to gauge preferences: indoor or out, spring or fall?

CRog075
07-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Good thinking, I dont know any indoor that hold much either. And for your question, my prefrence is really outdoor if the weather is right, and it dont matter spring or fall to me, but i prefer spring, mayb during spring break we can do it.

irbodden
07-23-2002, 08:35 PM
I say spring..

jah871
07-23-2002, 10:00 PM
a nice outdoor place would be indian springs. $20 field fee (air included), $60/case for team colors (if they have it) or kickn. you can have a private field if we prepay. spring is fine but why spring break? i mean a weekend would be just fine and its gonna be hard to do it on spring break because everyones is different.

rx2
07-23-2002, 10:06 PM
It might be safer to try for something a little later than the typical break occurs. The weather is still unstable at that time of year. I think the date is best worked out later, after more people respond.

CRog075
07-23-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by jah871
a nice outdoor place would be indian springs. $20 field fee (air included), $60/case for team colors (if they have it) or kickn. you can have a private field if we prepay. spring is fine but why spring break? i mean a weekend would be just fine and its gonna be hard to do it on spring break because everyones is different.

Sounds good, what city is this field in, akron? Any ways, lets do it like early April cause it gets warmer around than or even late march.

jah871
07-23-2002, 11:36 PM
i dont know if you are familiar with the area but its in the barberton area. its right off of barber road.

rx2
07-31-2002, 06:51 PM
Just to prevent waning interest, and to make it known to others, I am resurrecting this thread.
All interested, reply! If you have suggestions, make them.

CRog075
07-31-2002, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I think we got enough that would come. So, this will take place in 2003 Spring?

TRIAD
07-31-2002, 07:53 PM
yeah, that'd be great, so a little under a year now, *gets marker oiled up*

Top Secret
07-31-2002, 07:55 PM
How bout Columbus. Make it easier for us Cincinnatians.

rx2
07-31-2002, 10:44 PM
That is why I suggested Splatterpark as an idea. It is near Columbus, making it centrally located.

It would be best to have it somewhere that would not alienate anyone. The more attendees, the better. However, this doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be in the middle of Ohio. I think that perhaps it might be good to see who else is up for it. After a short time, we can figure out what would be the best geographic location. Out of staters who seemed interested should be included in the figuring.

In the meantime, I am going to try to contact some of the places suggested, now that I have a chance. I will also periodically bring this thread back up so as to prevent lost interest and increase the propensity for more attendees.

Restola
07-31-2002, 11:28 PM
Yeah lets do it in the spring...when I'm away at basic :(

rx2
07-31-2002, 11:51 PM
Basic training?
What date are you set to begin, and until what time will you be in training?
Should thishappen, spring is merely a tentative period of time during which this may be held, so everyone should keep an open mind for now.

On planning a date, I think that it might be a good idea to try keep a subsequent weekend open, or some other date, should the first be rained out, or something of that nature. Ohio weather is wacky, to say the least.

Rocp15126
08-07-2002, 04:38 PM
Well, depending on where and when you want to meet, I would go. (I used to commute from Pittsburgh to Canton/Akron Airport for work. ) There are also several PA AOers who might be able to make it. Just let me know.

RocP15126

irbodden
08-07-2002, 04:45 PM
Do it as far east as ya can so we can bring PAers and other east coasters.

datapimp69
08-07-2002, 05:07 PM
i would come from michigan,

so all you other MI AO'ers, i got a van and we could car pool.

ntn4502
08-07-2002, 05:22 PM
im up for indian springs, nice place, with a good location

rx2
08-07-2002, 06:55 PM
So, we have over 10 interested so far. That is a decent sum, although I think it may grow. Locations of interested parties include Ohio, Pennsylvania, WV, and Michigan. We have two suggestions for Indian Springs (off hand), two for Splatterpark, and a couple of others. Since both are rather centralized, they would be good choices considering interested parties from neighboring states.
IF a trend shows that more are coming from the east, there are many fields to consider in that directions. But, I think that with the recent NJ day, and the future New England day, there might be less interest from the east then one might expect. Time will tell.

Anyhow, I have sent a statement and inquiry to Splatterpark. I was going to do the same with Indian Springs, but I am having trouble getting through. Does anyone have any contact info on them? I prefer to use e-mail, as I am not home during the day, and I am too cheap to pay for long distance.

Finally, if anyone has any other field suggestions, post them.

CRog075
08-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Come on ppl

Restola
08-07-2002, 08:33 PM
I would also recommend Indian Springs. Been playing there for about 6 years and am overall confident that it is a nice place.

Dunno if I already said that, but hey lets keep this thread up.

ntn4502
08-07-2002, 09:41 PM
rx2 i work tomorrow but my dad works like 2 min from the place so ill ask if he can get some info

rx2
08-07-2002, 09:46 PM
Restola,
Are you planning on playing there sometime soon? If so, perhaps you could talk with them in-person.

Any info anyone gets will be appreciated.

circa3182
08-07-2002, 09:54 PM
I am from Flint Michigan so it'll be a drive, but who doesn't like a road trip now and then. I say Spring 2003.

CRog075
08-07-2002, 10:13 PM
Yup spring 2003 is fine, or even summer 2003

ntn4502
08-20-2002, 11:00 PM
does anybody wanna help set this up? I could try but it'd be a little hard for me

CRog075
08-20-2002, 11:15 PM
I would set it up, but its not going to be where I live , if it was in Toledo or somtin I would set it up.

TRIAD
08-21-2002, 10:49 AM
Jah871, Snakebite78, ntn, and several others could work on it.

ntn4502
09-17-2002, 04:58 PM
Does anybody wanna help? I wanna try to do this before winter

TRIAD
09-17-2002, 04:59 PM
Where we going to have this, and I'll see what I can do.

ntn4502
09-17-2002, 05:16 PM
I really wanna have it at Indian Spring, but I guess I could drive a little farther

jah871
09-17-2002, 05:37 PM
well we need to figure out where first. so everyone who wants to come please list some fields with their numbers so we can call around and get this setup. so far we have Idian Springs and Splatterpark any others?

CRog075
09-17-2002, 07:06 PM
Well, mayb Toledo Indoor Paintball or Toledo Outdoor Paintball are some options. They kinda suck, but I dont drive yet and its closer than any other fields :(

CRog075
09-17-2002, 07:11 PM
http://www.toledoindoorpaintball.com/

SOme info about it:

All levels of players practice at our field. From 10-man to 3-man teams, the Pro's to those getting ready for their first tourney.
Below, is a list of just a few teams:

-Detroit Fusion

-Aftershock

-Twilight Zone

-GLS

-HyperActive

-Brimstone Smoke

-Tippmann Effect

-Shock Tech

-Cold Fusion

-Center Flag

-Freak Factory

-& many more...

Pros play here :D

Contact Info:

TOLEDO INDOOR PAINTBALL
5860 Lewis Ave.
Toledo, Oh 43612
(419) 478-2221

Pics:

http://www.toledoindoorpaintball.com/images/8-23-02%2011.jpg

http://www.toledoindoorpaintball.com/images/8-23-02%2020.jpg

http://www.toledoindoorpaintball.com/images/8-23-02%2023.jpg

ntn4502
09-17-2002, 07:55 PM
I'm sorta a fan of outdoors, anybody else's opinion?

TRIAD
09-17-2002, 08:04 PM
Toledo is a little far for me. I'm going to a tourney there with jah871 and snakebite78, but don't know if my parents will let me do any more that far away. I will post once I've played there tho.

ntn4502
09-17-2002, 08:56 PM
So far its Triad, Jah, and me setting this up, anybody else wanna help?

rx2
09-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Man, I forgot all about this.

Anyhow, what sort of help is needed? I'll have a bit more free time over the next few months.

ntn4502
09-18-2002, 08:44 AM
We just need some people to try to get this organized with us, like calling places, and what not

Top Secret
09-18-2002, 08:47 AM
Splatterpark is a nice field to play at. A bit expensive, but centrally located for everyone. I played there a few weeks ago shooting my Minimag LX with my teammate Brian and his LED.

Vanced
09-18-2002, 09:34 AM
I'd have some interest in attending an Ohio AO Meet...
I have always been more of a woodsball guy myself, but will be up for anything. But if you want my suggestions on locations, I would say Indian Springs or Splatterpark.

Vanced

TRIAD
09-18-2002, 01:43 PM
I'm all for Indian Springs, but if Splatterpark is expensive, then no way. Sorry, but I don't have oodles of cash lying around.

eric
09-18-2002, 02:22 PM
Id like one.
Do it at Splatterpark in Colombus.
It is centrally located, there is a big store to back you up(CO Paintball) and its a great place to play.

CRog075
09-18-2002, 02:35 PM
Where is splatterpark and indian springs or w/e its called located? SInce I cant even drive yet, columbus is to far for me to get a ride from someone. If it was in summer, I would be able to drive, though it was planned for summer.

Vanced
09-18-2002, 02:39 PM
Indian Springs = In Akron

Splatterpark = In Columbus

jah871
09-18-2002, 02:45 PM
im leaning towards indian springs, one of the owners shoots an emag and they have a woods/speedball field and they have regular speedball fields. we can get a private group and have our own field for the day.

CRog075
09-18-2002, 03:26 PM
I say akron, as its closer to me than columbus i think,

rx2
09-18-2002, 08:11 PM
It appears that Indian Springs and Splatterpark are the two that have the most interest. I think either would be fine, as they offer variety of play, so woods guys won't be left out, and speedballers will easily be accomodated.

I sent Splatterpark an e-mail inquiry a while back, but they did not get back to me. I will try again, as the ISP I use has been a bit wacky in the past.
I do know that the typically, the field fee is 17 dollars, and air is 3 dollars. When I was there last, paint was between 50 and 65 dollars per case, depending on the paint (assorted RPS and Diablo). I sent the another inquiry about group pricing, which should be less.

I also realized that while I diconnected my long-distance services on my regular phone due to lack of use, I may still be able to contact Indian Springs on my cell phone. I haven't been there in years, but it seemed pretty nice, and from what I have heard here, it is still so.

I'll post any info ASAP.

rx2
09-18-2002, 08:29 PM
BTW, here is a copy of what was sent to Splatterpark. I hope you feel this was sufficient.

------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings,

I am writing on behalf of members of the on-line forum Automags.org.
This e-mail is to inquire about what accomodations and rates are afforded to groups seeking the use of your fields.

Recently, members of this on-line community have been setting up games, by area, so that other members could meet others from the forum for a day of paintball. These games are open to all members who wish to attend, as well as friends and family of members, regardless of whether or not they use AGD produtcs. These have come to be known as "AO Days."

Past AO days held in places such as New Jersy have drawn members from all over the state, and surrounding states, and have proven quite successful. As such, many of the mid-western members have decided to begin planning an AO day to be held in Ohio.

As of now, we are in the preliminary stages of planning. However, strong interest has been shown by many members throughout Ohio, and even Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Michigan. We should easliy be able to meet the 10 person minimum needed for a weekend reservation.

Before we progress with this idea, however, we need to find a field to "host" the event. As such, we are now surveying area establishments to see which one would best suit our needs.

So, if possible, we would appreciate any info you could provide us concerning cost, proceedure, and the like, beyond what is posted on your website.

We look forward to hearing from you,
Ron Weber
Automags.org

CRog075
09-18-2002, 08:39 PM
Sounds good.

rx2
09-24-2002, 06:14 PM
Status Report:
I have tried to contact Splatterpark, via e-mail, but the have responded with what seems to be a form letter. The response was that I should check the site for information, even though I had stated that the site did not provide the information I was looking for. They also suggested that, if there were any other questions, I should call.

Just preliminarily, based on the response, it seems as though they may not offer group rates, as they did not mention anything of the sort.

I will give them a call if I get a chance this week. However, this does not reflect well on the managment. Hopefully I will have more luck on the phone, or with Indian Springs.

ntn4502
09-24-2002, 11:52 PM
well, that was a great letter. What a bunch of pricks, I say we try get a hold of of IS. If i get the chance to i might try to go up this weekend.

TRIAD
09-25-2002, 05:14 AM
IS will almost definitely cut you some slack on group rates. So, give them a ring.

Snakebite78
09-25-2002, 05:45 AM
Hey, since im coming to i did some thinking. Splatterpark us really nice and all, but Indian Springs is way less expensive. If we cou,ld get together on a sunday itd be great. Field Fee = 15 bucks and its BYOP so thats reall cheap. And like jah871 was saying earlier, its got both speed ball and woodsball, and great people to play with so we know we'll be playing together/against each other. But the only set back to the sundays thing is that you cant have private groups. So if we dont want to do it then, than itll be about hte same price as Splatter park anyway. Just my 2.5 cents

rx2
09-25-2002, 09:15 PM
I'll try to contact Indian Springs on the ol' cell phone. I haven't been there in a long time, but from all accounts, it is a very nice place to play, botch because of the fields, and the staff.

I will see if I can get any information on a possible group rate. I woudn't mind playing on an open Sunday, but it would be nice to have a private group, even if it isn't dirt cheap.

So, I will get back to you if I find out anything.

ntn4502
09-25-2002, 11:19 PM
Are most of you guys on AIM, why dont we all get on and talk about it all?

jah871
09-26-2002, 05:32 AM
yah i would also like to play at indian springs with a private field. i would call but i cant find their number, anyone have it?

brian terry
09-26-2002, 02:29 PM
if you get a date that im not doing a tourny or something with agd .ill come to it.

rx2
09-26-2002, 07:42 PM
The phone number for Indian Springs, I believe, is 330-745-5722. Now, this may not be current, so I can't assure that Indian Springs will answer. They did have a website once, www.indianspringspaintball.com, but the address I tried linked me to a mortgage company.

There was listed am e-mail address. I don't know if that is still valid, but it was paint68@surfree.com
Right now my outbound e-mail is not processing. If anyone wants to test this address, please do. I will prepare an inquiry to send to them, once my e-mail begins to again function properly.

EnderWigginPballin
11-12-2002, 10:17 PM
Splatterpark isn't expensive when you don't buy the rental package accidentally... :) Like Top Secret did...

SPlatterpark normal rates are...

$17 admission

low grade (Big Ball/Mifnight) 15.99 ->500
mid (blaze, premium) 16.99 -> 500 or 55 per case
high grade (Evil, Marbs) 19.99 -> 500 or 65 per case

And Splatterpark would be fair for southern ohioans too. They have really nice fields also.

Indian Springs is where??? Akron? that's pretty central too, but Mt. Gilead (Splatterpark) would be closer to Toledo for all of you from up there...

yeah, Splatterpark might not have all those Pros that show up every once in a while, but the manager's son is Paul McCord of Lockout... oh yeah, :cool:

CRog075
11-12-2002, 10:32 PM
WE really gotta do this, but please dont hurt me, because I sold my mag and bought a angel :( So dont hurt me when we make one and I come with an angel :(

Top Secret
11-12-2002, 10:49 PM
'twas an honest mistake with the rental package. ;)

Let's get something goin people! :D

CRog075
11-12-2002, 11:20 PM
yeah come on people, lets get this thing going!

ntn4502
11-12-2002, 11:21 PM
I think were beating a dead horse, I volenteer to help but I dont have the time to do it all

CRog075
11-12-2002, 11:22 PM
We wont do this untill like spring/summer though.

Top Secret
11-13-2002, 07:11 AM
I'll get this together if we can decide on a field. I would like to roll in Spring.

kenshinkandon
11-13-2002, 09:44 AM
I'd be willing to come if you give me some locations as to where some of these fields are I sometimes travel to Cleveland my Girlfriends mother lives there and we usually stay the weekend there I'd be willling to travel somewhere like an hour away from Cleveland.

Can you give me some addresses so I can do some searching on how long of a drive it would be on mapquest.

EnderWigginPballin
11-13-2002, 06:56 PM
sometime in the spring would be good for me...

I don't think Splatterpark would give us special prices, but they're not too expensive compared to most places anyway.

who's still looking into organizing this?

TRIAD
11-13-2002, 08:01 PM
me

AirChunck
11-13-2002, 11:18 PM
I

rx2
11-14-2002, 12:48 AM
FYI... (always wanted to do that)
The reason I haven't been back with any info is that I haven't gotten any. My attempts to contact Indian Springs have been completely unsuccessful. Niether by e-mail nor phone have I been able to contact them.

Personally, I don't really care where we play, as none of the places are really too badly priced. I would still be interested to see if anything could be had with Indian Springs. If we could get a group rate, it would make it slightly more accessible for some.

Just as a hypothetical experiment of sorts, lets assume the "worst," which is that we would be paying the same as everyone else. If this were to be held at Splatterpark, whose fees have been listed, who would still be interested? Keep in mind that you would have some time to save up some cash between now and spring/summer. Also remember that it is closer to Columbus.
I think that knowing this might help us determing whether or not we need to consume more time searching for someone to give us a better rate.

If price is really an issue, then I can try further to scrounge up some valid info for Indian Springs.

TRIAD
11-14-2002, 06:20 AM
Trying to contact Indian Springs is like trying to jump off a building and fly. I would like to go somehwere else, but it can't be too far away, because my parents won't let me drive all over Ohio. I'll have to see about Splatterpark.

Blazini
11-14-2002, 09:06 AM
To those who are setting this AO day up,you may want to consider War in the Woods as a host field. The first time you play there the field fee is free and you are allowed to bring your own paint. The paint prices on site are resonable at $40 to $65 a case and air is $1 per 1000 psi.
The web site is http://www.warinthewoods.com I'll try to make it even though I no longer shoot a mag as I have the utmost respect for agd products and most of the people on these boards.
Blazini

datapimp69
11-14-2002, 09:15 AM
this is from "war in the woods" web site

"We try and Take care of the
special groups who like to
come and play like Church Groups
or Police Groups or Fraternities
Etc... You get the picture anyway
We do have special pricing
for these groups you will
have to call and contact the
field and make the proper
arrangements.Normally we hook
you up with price breaks as
long as it is a big group
and sometimes we even knock
a few dollars off the price
of paint just to help out.

We are very Flexible when it
comes to these types of
groups with how things are
today in the world we want
to do our best to help were
we can.

If you have one of these
Groups and are thinking of
playing some paintball in
the near future then by all
means call us and we will
make it one of your Groups
best outtings of the year."

it looks like they would love to help out with this kinda of AO day....

EnderWigginPballin
11-14-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by rx2

If this were to be held at Splatterpark, whose fees have been listed, who would still be interested? Keep in mind that you would have some time to save up some cash between now and spring/summer. Also remember that it is closer to Columbus.

i would still be interested, i play there all the time

EnderWigginPballin
11-14-2002, 04:05 PM
War in the Woods... that looks like an awesome field, but I gotta say that anyone from southwestern Ohio and anywhere west of Columbus will have a looooooooooooooong drive

3 hours and I'm still a half an hour east of Dayton

rx2
11-14-2002, 10:03 PM
Actually, there are a few decent fields out that way, but I hadn't really considered them before. As one has already stated, that may be a little out of the way for some. These are near the border of Pennsylvania, and not to far north of West Virginia. From Cleveland, it is probably a couple of hours to this area (actually not that much further than Mt. Gilead).
I don't know if there are still people from far west in Ohio, or Mich. who are still interested. If so, WITW might be a stretch. If not, it may be feasible.

Black_Dragun2578
11-16-2002, 06:36 PM
i want one in ohio i live in akron were would it be and what field

EnderWigginPballin
11-16-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by rx2

I don't know if there are still people from far west in Ohio, or Mich. who are still interested. If so, WITW might be a stretch. If not, it may be feasible.

it seems silly to have the meet somewhere that's not centrally located in the state.

Splatterpark or that Indian Springs are a lot more convenient for people from western Ohio and places like Cincinnatti <-- if you live in that city there's not a field in Ohio farther away from you than WITW

rx2
11-16-2002, 09:47 PM
Actually, I can think of a few places further away from Cincinatti ;)
Regardless, the best place to have it is wherever the majority agrees. That may not mean central Ohio.

Black_Dragun, since you are in Akron, you are substantially closer to Indian Springs than most of us. While they do not list in my local phone directory, they might in your. Please check your local Yellow Pages, or the like, to see if they have a valid phone number. If not, we had might as well count them out, as I have not gotten any working contacts to them. If we cannot contact them, we can't set anything up.

Now, I know that Splatterpark did seem a bit cold. They were reluctant to dispense any info, and seemingly do not offer group discounts, but they might be our best bet for now. For those who do not want to re-read all of the past posts, here is the current info:
-17 dollars admission
-3 dollars per refill, or 1 free refill per 500 rounds
purchased
-Field paint only: 50-65 dollars/case, assorted brands
-Located in Mt. Gilead, which is fairly central
According to the site (www.splatterpark.com), reservations for 10 or more can be made on weekends during open play. 30 or more on any day.

Pricing isn't too bad. I wish that they had been more cooperative, though.

For now, this does seem to be the best bet, in my opinion. Unless anyone can contact Indian Springs, this is the only field that is centrally located, large, and not ungodly expensive.

As always, any other suggestions are welcome.

So, I suppose we should see if anyone is against a game at this field. I would say sometime late spring/early summer, perhaps (once the Ohio weather has stabilized a bit).

CRog075
12-22-2002, 10:51 PM
up

adam shannon
12-22-2002, 11:49 PM
2 fields in the cleveland area.

pinnacle woods is woods ( 8 fields ) with one hyperball and one sup air weather permitting. $80 case rp premium, $17 field fee, $10 all day air (up to 5000psi) or co2. lots of parking and space to set up bbq's and pop up shelters.

paintball city is one field in the basement of an old car factory, concrete floor (very slick), plywood bunkers, ive heard they were getting sup air???. $100 a case for 3 dent balls...each one has 3 dents (no kidding). $15 field, $10 air (3000psi only).

paintball city is kinda small ( honestly paintball city would be filled up with 40 people ) but roger will give discounts to get your business, pinnacle woods is alot bigger and has nice facilities...but you'll pay retail even if you book 1000 people.

we would probably be better off doing this in central ohio...as its still close for ohio folks (collumbus is like 2 1/2 hours or less from every corner of the state) and we can get the surrounding states players also.

if we set this up with enough time to plan we can get some carpools going so nobody is left out if they dont have transportation.

AirChunck
12-23-2002, 12:56 AM
I suggest that we set this off till at least end of February or early March, Ohio weather just plain sucks right now.

Black_Dragun2578
12-23-2002, 01:03 AM
hey i found a place called paintball madness i went there it has some real nice fields has hyperball airball woods attack and defend and stuff like that

their number is (330) 823-9692 its in alliane,ohio and it son the road called 1601 homeworth rd. its fairly far down the road an dit has a little sign the parking is ok

rx2
12-23-2002, 01:04 AM
Unfortunately, it doesn't really seem like that many people are interested anymore. Perhaps people aren't too keen on the pricing. I guess that unless we can beat 75 bucks, or so, it won't be happening anytime soon. I hope I am wrong, but that is the way things look now.

Black_Dragun2578
12-23-2002, 01:21 AM
i forgot to post all of it i will in this one

ok guys cmon getv back in the mood this field is really nioce the pr4ices are really cheap field fee is 5 the paintis nice and its cheap air is cheap

it has hyperball, sup-air, speedball, trenches, woods

CRog075
12-23-2002, 11:06 AM
Ok guys, we need to orgainze this. Since people dont want it in toledo, I wont be the organizer. But, there are fields around toledo, ie bull creek etc.

ntn4502
12-26-2002, 08:59 PM
I'm still up for everything(gotta show off my emag:D ) so just let me know what you guys want me do, and I'll take care of it

jah871
12-26-2002, 10:14 PM
monday i will be calling a few places. im going to call up war in the woods and indian springs. if we go to indian springs we can rent our private field. it is byop and air is cheap. if we do it in the spring i can get worr paint for 35 a case.

EnderWigginPballin
12-26-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by rx2
Perhaps people aren't too keen on the pricing. I guess that unless we can beat 75 bucks, or so, it won't be happening anytime soon.

I spend about 55 at Splatterpark, shooting half a case of their mid-grade (rps premium)

I guess I'll be there for sure in Mt. GIlead or Akron, and i can probably do toledo or cleveland area, if you guys decide any more, it's cool anywhere

Black_Dragun2578
12-26-2002, 10:22 PM
liek i said ther eis a nice place in alliance and we can also rent the whole place out

jah call this place (330) 823-9692

CRog075
12-26-2002, 10:29 PM
We could even do toledo outdoor, since alot of you guys seem to like outdoor woods better. It has speedball and a huge woods. I will get details on it if interested.

Black_Dragun2578
12-26-2002, 10:35 PM
i couldnt do that and im sure we wouldnt liek to play in woods most of the guys here are prob more interested speedball sup-air and hyperball now allicance has all that and more

CRog075
12-27-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Black_Dragun2578
i couldnt do that and im sure we wouldnt liek to play in woods most of the guys here are prob more interested speedball sup-air and hyperball now allicance has all that and more

Well so am I, but most of the fields mentions, like bull creek and that other one, are woods. So kinda commen sence.

rx2
12-27-2002, 01:35 AM
Yes, do try to get ahold of Indian Springs. I wasn't able to in any capacity, and it seemed that no one else would have been able to. If you could do that, it would be appreciated.

jah871
12-27-2002, 01:50 AM
well are any of the field byop? i know indian springs is, and if we did somthing there i could get us great deals on paint. worr for about 35-45 all depends and i can get several other brands.

so far i have these places to call:
idian springs
3D paintball
war in the woods
any others???