PDA

View Full Version : Team FREE BEER (thats us) takes 5th in local 5 man tourney!!

magking1971
07-22-2002, 06:14 PM
Now before you say "proud of 5th? why?" just read on:)
Now this was our first tourney for the year and for one teammate this was his first tourney and for another member this was his second time playing paintball EVER!
The first game we started off badly I chronoed hot at the start of the game and could not play(pan am rules) so the 4 got smoked fast and was a little down but hey we'll call it a warm up game!
Second game went the full ten min time and they got the pull so beat us on points(
The next 10 games in the prelims we got in the groove of things and kicked booty and won them all!
Now the prelims are out of the way and find out we are 2nd in our bracket!
Ok the playoffs, 6 teams make it and we are one of them, we ask the reffs are you sure?:) "yep" was the answer!
Now the teams in the playoffs was made up of members of the Cartel, Naughty Dogs Silver, Naughty Dogs, Freakshow, and a VERY good team from Oregon called Sub Zero, THATS why we were happy to get even 5th or made the playoffs!:D :D
We got smoked very Quick in all but one of the games and with that one we made them WORK for it and allmost made it to full time!(woot!) We did win one game aganst another team that squeeked in to the playoffs like us thats how we made 5th :rolleyes:
Got some pics but never was able to get a good team photo:mad:

This photo is some of the team members that smoked us in the finals )

manike
07-22-2002, 06:16 PM
Did someone say free beer?

had to get in before Phil...

:D

manike

magking1971
07-22-2002, 06:21 PM
You may wonder why we are called Free Beer well it is really funny to hear the reffs call out FREE BEER! all day!
Our team shot E-mag, classic mag, minimag,tippmann, spyder clone.
The best thing I was hearing all day was "thats a mag? DANG that rips!"
This is a team that shot all mags:D

manike
07-22-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by magking1971
You may wonder why we are called Free Beer well it is really funny to hear the reffs call out FREE BEER! all day!

Yeah and that's why a Brit team used to be called 'Norfolk and Chance' :rolleyes:

:D

manike

magking1971
07-22-2002, 06:24 PM
This is a long shot of us that the ref took.

magking1971
07-22-2002, 06:30 PM
In this photo I am trying to avoid all the paint coming at me(I swear all but 1 guy was shooting at me):)
That is funny manike! can we borrow it?

magking1971
07-22-2002, 06:36 PM
The mag and lvl 10 performed flawlessly but the only problem was my HALO:mad:
Bad pic of the reff checking me.

Johnny Bravo
07-22-2002, 06:53 PM
I give you guys mass props for your name. Very original :D

Jonno06
07-22-2002, 07:01 PM
congrats for doing so well in such tough competition....

great name too:)