PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a reg?

Thankful2b1
07-23-2002, 12:01 PM
I was thinking about getting a regulator/ forgrip. But I was curious as to wether it improves consistancy much (enought to purchase one) Since the auto mag has a built in reg, would it be benifical?
If so do ya'll have any recommendations

Schnitzel
07-23-2002, 12:07 PM
if you're running HPA, you must realize that the bottle has a reg in it already. to add a third would make three regs on one system...you could starve it.

if you're on C02...then i dont think there should be a problem

Thankful2b1
07-23-2002, 12:46 PM
I was wondering if it would just restrict the flow too much or not.
Thanks for confirming that.
Actually I wasn't sure what kinda output control one has over the tank reg. I've just got my first HPA tank earlier this month along with my minimag w/ retro valve. But I still haven't gotten to play with it because i changed locations before the guy finally decided to mail it.
Still another question.
I was curious because the AGD flatline sys, made for retro they say, had dual regs. The retro valve has a built it reg also? Or is there a need for a secondary reg with the Retro?
Thank's for you help
Cory

TransMan
07-23-2002, 01:30 PM
OK first of all there are 2 kinds of HPA tanks there are the screw in kind that have a preset output and the adjustable kind that can be adjusted to different outputs. The flatline is an adjustable tank which is the best kind for a retro valve because different inputs give a retro mag more reactivness. There is no need for a thrid reg on a mag using HPA, the valve and tank are enough and im not sure what your talking about with the flatline having 2 regs.

Thankful2b1
07-23-2002, 03:17 PM
Well I didn't know what I was talking about. I saw the 2 gauges and was reading about it very late at night. But Thank you that was very helpful.

Thankful2b1
07-29-2002, 03:55 PM
PLEASE CLOSE THREAD. THANKS.