PDA

View Full Version : shortest trigger pull

polachs
07-23-2002, 12:36 PM
does to intelliframe offer the shortest trigger pull possible or is thier a way to modify it.

speedballbanks
07-23-2002, 03:29 PM
in my opinion it is the shortest double trigger on an airgun design's marker(minus electro frame's)don't mess with the trigger rod and don't put a trigger stop because messing with the trigger rod will mes up consistancey and the stop can to.

SIGSays
07-24-2002, 08:47 AM
hyperframe.. *cough* *cough*

Raptor3359
07-24-2002, 08:50 AM
hows the trigger pull on the dye frame?

speedballbanks
07-24-2002, 11:47 AM
*cough* sig's a psycho*cough* ;)

the pull on a dye is a little longer then the intelliframe and in my opinion the frame is uglier then the intelliframe too.

polachs
07-24-2002, 12:55 PM
Why doesn't AGD warranty service guns wiht hyperframes SIG. I want to shorten the trigger not mess up my gun.

mykroft
07-24-2002, 01:00 PM
AGD doesn't warantee guns with hyperframes as hyperframes have been known to require on/off modifications to get them to work on otherwise fully functional mags.

'Mag
07-24-2002, 01:11 PM
If AGD made a Hyperframe like trigger frame for ~$200, then I'd definitely buy it. I'd like to see them put a microswitch and soleniod into an Intiliframe. I don't really like how much the Emag trigger frame costs, and how you have the big battery pack. I don't really care about the magnetic stuff, or the hall sensors either. I think that's just overpriced hype. If they'd just jam the stuff into a normal frame I'd be happy. I wouldn't even care if it was only semi w/no display. As long as they offered a blade trigger I'd love to get it.

speedballbanks
07-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by 'Mag
If AGD made a Hyperframe like trigger frame for ~$200, then I'd definitely buy it. I'd like to see them put a microswitch and soleniod into an Intiliframe. I don't really like how much the Emag trigger frame costs, and how you have the big battery pack. I don't really care about the magnetic stuff, or the hall sensors either. I think that's just overpriced hype. If they'd just jam the stuff into a normal frame I'd be happy. I wouldn't even care if it was only semi w/no display. As long as they offered a blade trigger I'd love to get it.

yeah......and then the intelliframe wouldn't be reliable and it would then be like the hyperframe becuase the dwell is not long enough on hyperframe's and the reason it is so big the battery pack that is because it is a better quality solenoid.

'Mag
07-24-2002, 02:11 PM
I was kinda hoping that AGD would rework the board so that it had the correct dwell so it wouldn't chew up the bolt, and would work with the stock on/off. I think they should be able to get a soleniod that will have enough power the actuate the sear without using 18volts, because that just takes up so much space. Maybe they could use a rechargeable 9.6volt that would only get 10,000 shots per charge, that'd be fine with me. As long as it would last a day worth of playing.

speedballbanks
07-24-2002, 02:27 PM
I was kinda hoping that AGD would rework the board so that it had the correct dwell so it wouldn't chew up the bolt, and would work with the stock on/off. I think they should be able to get a soleniod that will have enough power the actuate the sear without using 18volts, because that just takes up so much space. Maybe they could use a rechargeable 9.6volt that would only get 10,000 shots per charge, that'd be fine with me. As long as it would last a day worth of playing.

the battery is not going anywhere, and if they didn't have a big solenoid then the frame would be as reliable as the hyperframe, and the boo-yaah/mako frame.

'Mag
07-24-2002, 02:35 PM
Well, then maybe they should just re-work the whole on/off sear assembly set-up, so that it doesn't need such a powerful soleniod. Or maybe they could just design a whole new valve.

speedballbanks
07-24-2002, 03:21 PM
Well, then maybe they should just re-work the whole on/off sear assembly set-up, so that it doesn't need such a powerful soleniod. Or maybe they could just design a whole new valve.

you are talking waaaaaaay to much time man. and they have enough time on their hands.

FrAuStY
07-25-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by polachs
Why doesn't AGD warranty service guns wiht hyperframes SIG. I want to shorten the trigger not mess up my gun.

For the same reason Honda or mitsubishi won't warrant Normally Aspirated cars that have been equipped with a turbo. It voids the warranty. The machine (car or gun) was designed to operate ONE PARTICULAR WAY. When you go and change that...the machine is no longer O.E.M. Original Equipment Manufactured.

athomas
07-25-2002, 05:51 PM

Microswitches wear out and/or break. Magnetic and hall effect never wear out.

To get a reliable solenoid that will work properly on all valve setups it has to be capable of a certain pull pressure. This makes it as big as it is and draw as much current as it does. Other solenoids in aftermarket electro frames will overheat under contiuous rapid use which will reduce their lifespan. Most batteries in use won't supply the instantaneous current to reliably pull the solenoid at faster intervals. That is why the emag uses the battery pack that it does. Two nine volt alkaline batteries in series provide the same voltage and lifespan as the emag battery pack, but they don't have the instantaeous current capability.

Most electroframes on the market cause premature sear wear due to the fact that they don't hold the solenoid in long enough. That is how they conserve battery power so they can use only one nine volt cell.

Over-all the emag electro frame is very sturdy and well built which is the way you would want quality to be. I do agree that it would be nice to be able to just buy an AGD electronic frame upgrade for the standard mag. It can be a lite version with only semi-auto. That would be great.

'Mag
07-25-2002, 09:23 PM
I have no idea what the technical downfalls would be to a Hyperframe style set-up, but I was just suggesting that a easy and cheap bolt-on frame would be great. There's gotta be some way that the smart guys at AGD could get that done if they really wanted to.

Also, would there be a way to redesign the battery, so it would still be the 18volt setup (not just 2 nine volts), so that it would be stacked vertically? If you just had a vertical battery pack I think that it would fit into a normal size foregrip that's hollowed out. I'd kinda like to see a built in battery holder/foregrip and bodyrail, with a bolt on 45 frame, that could be bought as a E-upgrade from AGD. That way there'd be no exposed wires, easy installation and no modifications needed.

athomas
07-26-2002, 06:23 AM
The battery pack is made up of 14 AAA batteries in series. I don't think there is a way to make them small to fit in a normal round forgrip, and 2 nine volt cell in series just don't have the capacity.

There are cheap alternatives, but you need quality if you want something that will function consistently in all situations without problems. AGD designs quality, and quality takes time and extra effort. Unfortunately that costs a little more.

You could buy an empty emag grip frame, a solenoid, an emag sear assy, and add your own semi-auto electronics. Add a gas through front grip onto the front of the grip. Locate the battery pack under the gun. That would give you what you want.

puckmaster
07-26-2002, 11:27 AM
I dont like electro frames. That is the reason I didn't get the Spyder flash, I got the mag. Now Bushmasters, Impys, Angels, e-mag, full electronumatic(SP) guns are the only elecros I would buy, and have bought in the past. But thats my opinion.