PDA

View Full Version : Borg anti tank unit needed for Shattner Ball

Rusty
07-23-2002, 04:26 PM
Hi
Who all is bringing some type of anti tank wepaon to this event? We will need a couple of them. Lets get it figured out now so we can save time later. I will have 1 main gun in the tank and also the howitzer. The day is comming up fast! We can take this game!!!!
freak Tanker

datapimp69
07-23-2002, 10:46 PM
I have a LAW rocket. i wasent going to play with it. but i could bring it for some one to use.

let me know if it helps.

07-24-2002, 10:50 AM
i have plans in my head to build a rpg, could load it with 2-3 field provided metior shower paint grenades. the way i figure they will let me fire the thing once ;)

i wonder if they will just give the tanks lazertag guns =/

i have signed up as a possible tank commander, and i haven't seen any of the rules defining the limits yet.

KayleAGD
07-24-2002, 11:49 AM
JeffreMiller and I are bringing a tank , but there is not much weaponry on it ..

thei3ug
07-24-2002, 12:00 PM
no weapons, eh?

[please let it be a keg... please let it be a keg]

07-24-2002, 12:02 PM
just think of 2 pieces of pvc, one for an air chamber, and one for the barrel inside of it using a spool valve to switch the air going out of the barrel on/off (nova from hell ;) ). setups like this have been known to launch a potato at 700 fps. now take a rocket housing 2-3 paintgrenades as a payload, in a styrofoam sabot, with electronics to ignite the rocket .5 seconds after it accelerates forward (is fired) and.....

just call it a hunch, but if they make everyone in the tank invulnerable, and say the only way to get em out is by a metor shower paint grenade they sell, they are lookin at makin a little bit of $$$ ;)

Telefragged
07-24-2002, 12:54 PM
Bah... this sounds like its gonna be really cool... to bad I can't go, stupid parents...:mad:

Rusty
07-28-2002, 08:36 PM
Hi
It seems after talking with others tanks will be allowed to shoot nerf rockets at each other besides paint. So why cant an anti tank unit do that also. I have my main gun converted to shoot rockets called Poof rockets. I am looking at 70 yards easy for a kill shot. I will bet 100 is extreme range but the accuracy will be something to see. Living in town my test range is limited. I lost one rocket today on the next block over. I only launched it at 40 psi too.

spazzed
07-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Perhaps something similiar to a potato cannon would do the trick? So long as it's not a full-power version, it shouldn't put holes in anything :D

einhander619
07-29-2002, 10:26 AM
I have a pnuematic potato gun I would be willing to sell. It has a 2" diameter barrel, and will chuck a nearly whole potato about 400 yards. Ouch.

Butterfingers
07-29-2002, 10:45 AM
Look in the friendly section for my HPA potato cannon.

Search My name, topic potato cannon.

It puts a semi ROTTEN potato through 3/4 inch particle board. The KE is so great eventhough the potato completely vaporizes on impact the impulse is so great that it shatters a clean hole though the impact area.

Operating pressure at 600 psi controlled by a spring loaded stainless steel ball valve. Rotton potatos put dents in steel doors at 50 yards. The thing is only 6 feet long

Thordic
07-29-2002, 10:49 AM
I have 2 cannons based off Butterfingers design. If someone lends me an inline reg that can get down to 200 PSI or so, then I might be able to bring it to Shatnerball.

I'd need something that will reliably keep CO2 at 200 PSI, though, I don't want to put a paint grenade THROUGH the tank.

Also, they are both rather large, so it would be more like a tripod-mounted portable launcher, and it would take 2 men to man.

wyn1370
07-29-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Thordic
I have 2 cannons based off Butterfingers design. If someone lends me an inline reg that can get down to 200 PSI or so, then I might be able to bring it to Shatnerball.

I'd need something that will reliably keep CO2 at 200 PSI, though, I don't want to put a paint grenade THROUGH the tank.

Also, they are both rather large, so it would be more like a tripod-mounted portable launcher, and it would take 2 men to man.
I've got a sidewinder and a PMI bottomline reg. Both can run at 200psi. Unfortunately neither work on CO2. I do have two extra nitro tanks, but both need to get sent in to be fixed.

magman007
07-29-2002, 12:00 PM
hmm nerf rockets ehy? i suggest buying some nerf rockets and drilling some of the foam out of em, anking it possible for em to slip over a barrel? then turn off your pf and firt with the air blast. and there goes the rocket. I bet you it would work.

Thordic
07-29-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370

I've got a sidewinder and a PMI bottomline reg. Both can run at 200psi. Unfortunately neither work on CO2. I do have two extra nitro tanks, but both need to get sent in to be fixed.

If someone has an extra hpa tank, that would work too...

wyn1370
07-29-2002, 12:35 PM

If someone has an extra hpa tank, that would work too...
you talking scuba tank?

Thordic
07-29-2002, 01:44 PM
I just meant an extra 68/3K or something, I don't want to carry a SCUBA around in addition to the carbon steel beast that is my potato cannon :)

wyn1370
07-29-2002, 02:22 PM
well like I said in my posts above I've got two extra. just have to quit being lazy and get them fixed.

RobAGD
07-29-2002, 03:37 PM
Hehe what about those Nerf Footballs with the Tail Fins :)

That could be intresting.

Maybe use those water footballs soaked in paint or something using a cup as a sabot.

-Robert

Muzikman
07-29-2002, 03:58 PM
I just meant an extra 68/3K or something, I don't want to carry a SCUBA around in addition to the carbon steel beast that is my potato cannon :)

I'll have an extra 114 3K Apoc...it's a bit heavy, but it works:) I will also more than likly have a 47 3K but you probably wouldn't get that many shots off.

jeffremiller
07-29-2002, 04:20 PM
Our tank may not be physically armed....

It's a psych-ops weapon :)

J_

Rusty
07-29-2002, 04:38 PM
Hello
What ever you decide to bring it must chrono under 230 fps to be allowed on the field. (antitank weapon). If you chrono it shooting 30 rounds of paint it will climb if you go to a nerf rocket. The word from off the field is that they will have some nerf launchers.What ? How many? what kind I know not. But as long as we have some of our own we are ahead of the game.

Thordic
07-29-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman

I'll have an extra 114 3K Apoc...it's a bit heavy, but it works:) I will also more than likly have a 47 3K but you probably wouldn't get that many shots off.

If I can stuff it into a backpack, I'll give it a go.

I don't think Im going be a cannon-toter unless I can find myself a paint pistol of some sort to use.

I'm gonna beg Tom to let me borrow a Sydarm when I see him at IAO :) Then I can leave the Mag in the car or whatever and just carry the cannon and a pistol.

spazzed
07-29-2002, 06:14 PM
Can someone tell me how the tanks work, ingame? Do they just wonder around blasting everything in sight, or are they for tank-to-tank battles only?

Load SM5
07-29-2002, 06:17 PM
They wander around and blast their opponents. I'd assume they are limited to the roads.

spazzed
07-29-2002, 06:59 PM
Kewl, sounds like fun ;-) Thanks load.

Rusty
07-29-2002, 09:23 PM
Hi
So far the rules I have seen the tanks will be shooting each other and if they have mounted paintball markers or players with markers inside they will be chewing up the ranks. I have not seen anything as to a tank shooting structures yet. This is for SAturday only. Sunday morning will be a strictley tank battle only. All tanks present will be put into 1 battel. I dont know if it is mono a mono
or teams. That has not been disclosed yet, that I know of. As a tank driver I was told of a meeting Saturday morning for tankers to go over how tanks operate in the game. CPX web site carrys rules (basic) and so can be found on WAr pig in the tankers section. It seems like something new comes out every week from diffrent people.
jimb

wyn1370
07-30-2002, 07:23 AM

If I can stuff it into a backpack, I'll give it a go.

I don't think Im going be a cannon-toter unless I can find myself a paint pistol of some sort to use.

I'm gonna beg Tom to let me borrow a Sydarm when I see him at IAO :) Then I can leave the Mag in the car or whatever and just carry the cannon and a pistol.
you're more than welcome to use my PT extreme. I've got one of those silly tactical holsters to go along with it as well.

Thordic
07-30-2002, 07:56 AM
Wyn, you are the man! :)

I just don't want to get stuck carrying around a normal gun AND a steel tank killing tube.

So it looks like I'm on a quest to figure out how to adapt my potato gun into a tank killer... oh its on!

WickeDKlowN
07-30-2002, 09:12 AM
im not going but what about putting a few cups of paint into the cannon? would that work? if it did, it would paint everything in sight.

Thordic
07-30-2002, 09:27 AM
I'm probably going to make shells out of styrofoam cups or something.

FooTemps
07-30-2002, 03:18 PM
why don't we mount the cannons on the tanks for the tank battle?

datapimp69
07-30-2002, 10:28 PM
Thordic,

i have a law rocket that is ready to go. its like a tato gun but mounted in a case that looks just like a law rocket.

it uses 1-12gram cart per shot. you make bollons filled with paint. and i allready have some shells made and they are reuseable.

i all so have a pgp w/holstier.

let me know if you or anyone else wants to use it.

Rusty
07-31-2002, 04:14 PM
The tank does have a main gun with the mags on the side. the main gun can shoot either nerf or paintball loads. I am pretty sure they dont want us shooting the grenades out of the launchers do to the weight of them and what would happen when they or if the did strike a players mask. More than likely the mask would get pulled right off from the grenade. 30 days left drop ships still in orbit.
jimb

Thordic
07-31-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by datapimp69
Thordic,

i have a law rocket that is ready to go. its like a tato gun but mounted in a case that looks just like a law rocket.

it uses 1-12gram cart per shot. you make bollons filled with paint. and i allready have some shells made and they are reuseable.

i all so have a pgp w/holstier.

let me know if you or anyone else wants to use it.

Dude, if I can borrow your LAW, your PGP, and Wyns PT Extreme, I will be like the Rambo of shatnerball.

Except I just cut all my hair off..

But I'll still be cool!

If you bring the stuff, I"ll use it for sure. My potato gun is made of metal and weighs a LOT :)

datapimp69
07-31-2002, 10:11 PM
it is all in my case all the time anyways. so it will be there.

the law waighs all most nothing.

wyn1370
08-01-2002, 08:37 AM

Dude, if I can borrow your LAW, your PGP, and Wyns PT Extreme, I will be like the Rambo of shatnerball.

Except I just cut all my hair off..

But I'll still be cool!

If you bring the stuff, I"ll use it for sure. My potato gun is made of metal and weighs a LOT :)
Well if you still want to use your tato gun, I can ship you out one of my regs so you can get it set up.
It might not be a bad idea to have a back up or maybe a second cannon dude.

Thordic
08-01-2002, 09:15 AM
Oh, I still want to get this thing working regardless. It'd be a beast to carry around, but the idea of driving halfway across the country with a large cannon strapped to my roof entertains me :)

My tato gun will be coming with me, even if it just sits on my roof and does nothing else.

I should be able to get it working, though.

If you want to ship me the reg, I can give it back to you at the end of the day at shatnerball, plus whatever it cost you to send it. That way I can run some tests and get this thing working at around 200 FPS before I tote it to Chicago.

Rusty
08-01-2002, 04:12 PM
If you cannon has a 2 inch barrel on it you can pick up a couple of the nerf howler rockets. footballs with fins. you will get more range using them. It is a very good possibility that we will be allowed to use them against tanks only.
jimb

datapimp69
08-11-2002, 10:20 PM
Thordic,

well i got my digi cam working again, so i thought i would send you a pic of it.
http://store.ic.net/wlk/law.jpg

Rusty
08-11-2002, 10:31 PM
very cool, can you get the velocity below 230?
jimb

datapimp69
08-11-2002, 10:35 PM
the hard part would be to get it up to 230...

hehe

it shoots around 200fps

Thordic
08-12-2002, 07:33 AM
Oh wow, a real one, not like the ghetto crap I'd be toting out there :)

We'll have to talk before the game ;)

When are you getting there and where are you staying?

wyn1370
08-12-2002, 07:37 AM
Thordic,
you get the regs yet?

datapimp69
08-12-2002, 08:59 AM
im getting there early fri morring, im playing in the pump turnie on friday.

im staying at the red roof.

Thordic
08-12-2002, 09:10 AM
Wyn - no, what did you use to send them? Do you have a tracking number? If they got to me this weekend, I was at IAO and it could be at my house and I just didn't see it yet.

data - Awesome, we'll be staying at the red roof too. I'm sure we'll run into each other, we'll be there thursday.

wyn1370
08-12-2002, 09:25 AM
I just sent them regular mail. No tracking. If they aren't there yet, they should be early this week.

Thordic
08-12-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370
I just sent them regular mail. No tracking. If they aren't there yet, they should be early this week.

Regs got here today, my brother just told me.

wyn1370
08-12-2002, 11:46 AM
that's good to know. give me a shout if you have any trouble adjusting them.

datapimp69
08-12-2002, 01:19 PM
man i just went and bought some of thouse nerf mini footballs with tails, and

WOW do they fly great!!!

they only had 3 but i will keep looking for more.

how many do you guys think we will need ? 6 ?

Thordic
08-12-2002, 02:25 PM
I'll go buy some and see if I can make some sort of football bandolier. Then I'll see how many we need based off how many fit in the thing :)

datapimp69
08-12-2002, 02:31 PM
ok, you need the little ones. 2"

i got the patton manning ones.

let me know

wyn1370
08-12-2002, 02:32 PM
Can you put them into pods? Tails might be a bit long. But it might work in a horizontal harness.

datapimp69
08-12-2002, 02:52 PM
or try something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2128856736

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2130172543

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2130219909

then you really would look like rambo.

and do you think i need to come up with some kind of barrell plug for this thing?