PDA

View Full Version : takeing apart my new used RT for the first time.

SiLeNt X
07-23-2002, 05:48 PM
how do I start and what comes off first and what goes back in first?:)

Coaster
07-23-2002, 05:49 PM
go to the tech forum.. look at the stickeies

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38271

obsolete898
07-23-2002, 05:52 PM
There is actually a thread named that. Shouldn't be to hard to find.

SiLeNt X
07-23-2002, 08:20 PM
yes thats great and all but my gun is a automag RT not a retro valve. I belive there is a difference, also I didnt ask about the valve, just takeing the valve and bolt out of the tube.

TransMan
07-23-2002, 08:33 PM
Well first your going to have to unscrew the banjo bolt its the big one at the back of your trigger frame. To get it off easily push on the back of the valve to decrease the tension the spring is puting on the valve. Also make sure thats you pull the trigger before taking out the valve so that your on/off pin is not sticking out if not it could chip it which would be a bad thing. to take the grip off you will have to unsrcew the screw infront of the trigger this will also alow you totake the main body off off the rail. You should need to take the gas thru grip off but if you do its acomplished by unscrewing the six screws holing it on. You will need to take the sight rail off before you can get the main body off this is accomplished by 6 screw similar to the ones that hold the Gasthru grip on.
Hope this helps if you have more questions just PM me.

SiLeNt X
07-23-2002, 08:48 PM
thanks. Now that was the kind of response I was looking for. I took it apart just guessing:p before you posted but that does help alot! Thanks

TransMan
07-23-2002, 08:51 PM
LOL no problem i took mine apart the first day i got it with out asking anyone. Proably not the smartest thing to do but it still works. ;)

Jonno06
07-23-2002, 11:07 PM
lol...

i took mine apart the first day i had it...

i just put it back together using commong sence....if it fits,thats where it goes,if it doesnt work,try again.

Arturus
07-24-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by SiLeNt X
yes thats great and all but my gun is a automag RT not a retro valve. I belive there is a difference, also I didnt ask about the valve, just takeing the valve and bolt out of the tube.

Just as a side note, call AGD for a video. They should send you one for free.

It'll show you how to take apart the whole marker, including the valve itself.