PDA

View Full Version : paragraphs????

rjvemt1
07-23-2002, 07:35 PM
this is gonna soung really stupid,but,i cant figure out how to seperate my paragraphs in a post:rolleyes:!the only time i type on a computer is when i am at this website, so im not familiar with all that stuff^^^^^ up there.little help?

shartley
07-23-2002, 07:37 PM
Try hitting ENTER twice?

obsolete898
07-23-2002, 07:49 PM
Are you serious? With over 300 posts here you've never hit the enter key? Wow:confused:

shartley
07-23-2002, 07:55 PM
Hitting the Enter Key once will not create a new paragraph. ;) It will only create a new line directly below your last. :D You need to hit it twice.... :D:D

Vegeta
07-23-2002, 10:01 PM
A paragraph is indented at hte beginnign of each paragraph. A Paragraph is normally bauot 5-6 sentences. A indent is 5 spaces in front of the beggining of the paragraph like what I have done to this one. Unfortuneatly, AO's forums do not support spaces after breaks (BR).

As you can see I jsut separated my paragraphs by hitting the "ENTER" or "RETURN" key TWICE.
Hope this helps.

With great sadness,
-Vegeta
Mr. Mikhail Eckert

-Jôker-
07-23-2002, 11:02 PM
lol this is hilarious... how long have you had a comp?

paintbattler
07-23-2002, 11:09 PM
haha..whats your GPA?

rjvemt1
07-24-2002, 12:07 AM
man, i knew i was askin for it when i asked that question!:Dalright you guys,i run a printing press for a living.not much computer interfacing going on there!as for my GPA, after droping out of high school in the mid eighties and then going to college in my early 30s to become a paramedic, i am maintaining a 3.0 after a classroom absence of 16+ years.

i may have just learned to start a new paragraph on a computer, but i'll bet that when you stack your car into that telephone pole, you'll trust me to save you're life!;)

P.S. ive had this computer for about 18 months, but i mostly use it for medical research for school.

paintbattler
07-24-2002, 12:10 AM
yea, thats true..3.0 isnt bad at all..but one mistake you made..dropping outta school.
now kids, that brings me to the next point..dont do drugs

EDIT- that was not intended to say that you did drugs..i was trying to crack a joke..i suck at it though

rjvemt1
07-24-2002, 12:18 AM
that was not intended to say that you did drugs no offense taken! however, i am making up for time i wasted on a pretty nefarious lifestyle. so,kids,say no to drugs.but if you say yes, have the backbone to accept the responsibility for your own actions. its NOT a disease,its a choice.wheh, i done!