PDA

View Full Version : NEED YOUR HELP! broken mag needs some advice.

Level10
07-23-2002, 08:33 PM
today as i installed my level 10 bolt i was putting the marker back 2gether. I was screwing in the field strip screw when it fell apart. half the screw in the valve or what ever is screws into and half in my hand. i cannot ge tthe broken part out of the valve and need your help. cani buy just one of the valves or can i fix it?

a_malfunction
07-23-2002, 11:52 PM
First, take the body off the rail. Then slide the valve out. Do you have enough of the broken field strip screw exposed to get a pair of pliers on it? If so, just use the pliers to unscrew it. If there isnt enough broken screw exposed, you'll have to get a screw extraction kit (can be purchased at any hardware store). Or you could let AGD do it. They may charge you. But you can get a new field strip screw from the online store... I think they are about $8.

Level10
07-24-2002, 07:43 AM
im gonna try pliers but what is a screw extraction kit? do you have a pirce onn these? an i can get another screw at my proshop.

Level10
07-24-2002, 08:30 PM
thanks man. number 1 in the ez out kit worked great on this it was only about 10 bucks ffor the whole kit of 5. My proshop was gonna charge me 40 bucks. o well.