PDA

View Full Version : AL body dimensions top secret or not secret?

halo13
07-24-2002, 12:00 AM
I was wondering if there was any way I could get the dimensions for the upcoming extreme/SFL mag bodies. I’m shipping off to college in a few weeks and I was hoping to use some of their metal working machines. I know that a guy on this forum was pretty much trying to do the same thing I’m doing but I don’t know if he was completely guessing at bore sizes and thread sizes or if he actually had something to work off of. Long story short, is there any way that I could get the dimension for the extreme/SLF bodies or do I have to go out and find someone with an SFL and measure the hell out of it?

Note: the information will not be sold or used in any way for commercial reasons.

AGD
07-24-2002, 03:39 AM
We will probably eventually have a print for guys who want to cut up the extreme bodies but they will not be available until next year.

AGD

halo13
07-24-2002, 10:42 AM
hmm, I guess thats a good and bad news... damn

SlartyBartFast
07-24-2002, 11:10 AM
How about the dimensions and requirements of the standard body parts?

Body Rail
Trigger grip
Main Body

Is it possible to have the information about the correct placement of the basic Mag functional parts to make them work?

Cristobal
07-25-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by SlartyBartFast
Body Rail
Trigger grip
Main Body

Off the top of my head...
Frame screw spacing: 4.125"
Main body ID: 1"
Main body OD: 1.125"

If you were to get a high enough resolution scale drawing of the automag, you could probably use these dimensions to establish the scale and find (within a certain margain of error) whatever else you needed. The most critical dimension in the body is probably that from the bottom of the valve to the center of the sear pin in the rail -- and that I don't know. The position of the center-line of the feed tube relative to the front frame screw would also be important. Of course if your just going to mill up an extreme body, then you probably don't have to worry about any of this; just make sure you don't take off too much!

You should also check out have blue's ratsnest:

http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/

halo13
07-27-2002, 05:39 PM
Well, hopefully i'll be given some accurate emag diagrams soon. I'm expecting to have a compleated body within 3 - 5 months. I'm drawing up sketches now, imagine DYE cocker/angel milling with some visual tweeks here and there.

Vegeta
07-30-2002, 11:30 PM
do a search on the main forum about somehtign to do with cnc milling desgins... a while ago Manike posted a pic of the extreme base frame's 3d model and a belive it had dimensions on it. I haev it somewhere on my machine here becasue I did work with it... let me see if i can find you part of it...

eh i seemed to have deleted or misplaced them... but hte fileanmes were 'naked_extreme (etc)' and i remeber that because i remeber thinking ti was odd of simon to naem them that at the time... eh

so try a search you might find them.

halo13
07-31-2002, 10:54 AM
just found the thread you were taking about and that gave me a good idea on dasic dimensions, but I was looking for a more compleate set. Like height, length, width of the entire body, bore sizes, thread sizes and where exacly to put them and how far to make them. Manike's post was a good start, but I'm looking for more detail.

SlartyBartFast
07-31-2002, 11:06 AM
Which thread do you mean?
I found "Design and Concept Process. Extreme E-mag Milling" but the drawings included no measurements. (but I suppose you could infer them from known requirements.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12769&highlight=milling

Or I found "CNC Machining Work In Progress."
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21701&highlight=milling
Same story.

What I would like is the requirements for the standard body rail, main body, and trigger grip.