PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coaters....

RT_Luver
07-24-2002, 11:38 AM
I know...thier is probably a TON of threads about this...maybe no. who knows. What I'm wondering is, does anyone on the forum know a powder with a good reputation that can do barrels? I'm talkin to junky about doing some parts of my gun. But if I can, I need to find some one that can do barrels. If ya'll know of anyone that can powder coat barrels. tell me. I've heard Red Rider has quit. is this tru?

Josh

RT_Luver
07-24-2002, 05:31 PM
up

2000Sabre
07-24-2002, 07:23 PM
I don't think RedRider has gone out of business. He has changed his name however. But I know K&PCustoms does a great job bcause he did my entire RT Pro including two barrels. You can contact them at kpcustoms@aol.com. The guys name is Ken Wenlasky. His website is http://www.kpcustoms.net/main.htm

Here's a picture of my barrels that Ken did for me.

Jonno06
07-24-2002, 07:51 PM
wow...thats a GREAT job on those barrels...how much did that cost?

2000Sabre
07-24-2002, 07:58 PM
The cost is based on how many parts you have done. Five parts or less it's $25 per part. However, because I used a translucent color, there was a polishing charge of $15 plus the crown point barrel needed to be strip which also is an extra charge.. It wasn't cheap. My who gun cost me $150.00 to have done. Here's a picture of the finished product.

AllAmericanMag
07-24-2002, 08:16 PM
What's the turnaround time with KPcustoms?

2000Sabre
07-24-2002, 08:28 PM
AllAmericanMag,

My job took longer than usual due to some hold up with the guy who does his polishing and also because Ken had a family situation arise which kept him from working on my gun. I think the whole thing was about 6-7 weeks overall But Ken was good about letting me know why it was late and when it was going to be finished. I don' think my experience with him is typical turnaround. Best bet is to contact him directly.

AllAmericanMag
07-24-2002, 08:46 PM
Thanks Saber. I'm thinking of getting my Shocker re-coated. Maybe with a nice bead-blast. Recommend any colors?