PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Superbolt II Wear

covadsucks
07-24-2002, 11:41 AM
Have any of you Ao'ers checked the rim of your Superbolt 2 yet? I looked at mine last night and saw more than it's fair share of scrapes, scratches and surface wear. This is only on the back of the bolt that the sear catches. I uninstalled my Level 10 and rebuilt the Valve stock only to not have it fire when I gassed up. It took me adjusting the velocity quite a bit to get the marker to fire again with the original SS bolt and powertube set up.
Just wanted to see if others have checked for unusual wear.

TransMan
07-24-2002, 12:18 PM
How many shots have you put through it i havnt noticed any wear at all on mine.

covadsucks
07-24-2002, 12:20 PM
At the most 500-600...nothing much at all. I was shocked to see it getting chewed up the way it was. For now, the Emag is stock again, and I considering installing it on my classic valve to see if it just my sear or if i got a funky bolt.

BlackVCG
07-24-2002, 01:27 PM
If it's wearing on the surface that drags along the top of the bolt, then that's normal. Eventually it will wear to the point that you don't notice it as much. If it's chewing up the bolt around the sharp point that latches on the sear, then you have a problem. If the wear is just surface scratches and not gouges you can run your finger nail along and feel, then it's normal.

covadsucks
07-24-2002, 03:31 PM
These are not surface scratches...This is actually chewing up the bolt edge and the sides of the bolt that the sear contacts. I will take some pics should this continue. I have some sanding sticks I can take to the edge to smooth it back out.

Automagisurdad
07-27-2002, 05:40 PM
oil your gun perhaps?

Butterfingers
07-28-2002, 12:15 AM
Are you an e-magnum owner? If you are turn up your solnoid dwell.

covadsucks
07-28-2002, 09:29 PM
All is now fixed. Not an Emagnum Owner, just sanded out the scuffs and it's shooting like a champ.