PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with my mag

hockeyspt87
07-24-2002, 12:04 PM
Hey, i bought a used 68 classic and it has a couple problems. I use nitro vertically currently, I am getting a regulator in a week. well first, when I shoot, it has like a "sticky trigger" feel, it goes in fires once and when it comes out, it fires again but it is totally random. Second, every few shots, i'll pull the trigger and it will stick in and hiss down the barrel. I read the instruction manual and ended up replacing a lot of the orings, tryed it out and it still didnt work, the one oring there was no replacement for in the automag parts kit, the one that goes on the thing that screws in on the power tube, that might be the prob butlike iu said, there wasnt one that would fit it in the thing. What should I do? I still have my star so should I waste it and send it in? Please help me!

TransMan
07-24-2002, 12:15 PM
Check your sear and bolt for any wear and you may need a new powertube spacer to take care of that bolt stick.

athomas
07-24-2002, 12:23 PM
Don't put another regulator on a mag. Your air bottle has a regulator and the mag has a regulator. Adding another regulator can cause the mag to starve for air when rapid firing.

Get a drop forward and a gas through for grip but leave out another regulator.

As for your problem:

Check your on/off pin. Put it on a flat surface such as a mirror and roll it to see if it is bent. If there is any wobble at all, get a new one.

Make sure everything is well lubricated, especially since you just replaced the o-rings.

Check the bolt spring. It should extend beyond the end of the bolt. If it is short, replace it. If you are in doubt, replace it.

hockeyspt87
07-24-2002, 12:59 PM
the one oring there was no replacement for in the automag parts kit, the one that goes on the thing that screws in on the power tube

is there supposed to be a different sized one for this. i tryed a normal powertube oring but i could get it on, i compared it to the one that was on there and it smaller. None of the others fit! is this not right?

athomas
07-24-2002, 02:58 PM
You're talking about a power tube tip o-ring. It's used to hold tension on the power tube tip so it doesn't back out. The original one you have on it now should be fine. It's not a critical o-ring.