PDA

View Full Version : My logic why Smart Parts truly does have poor service.(or sucks for short)

Dubstar112
07-24-2002, 02:29 PM
Lemme tell you why to never get a Smart Parts gun. I got my circuit board back from warranty work. Aired my gun up, and it still doesnt work. I pressed the manual shoot button on the solenoid it shoots then. Smart Parts never fixed what I paid them for. This infuriates me. What should I do? Send it back? Call them up and chew them out? Or get rid of the gun? ahhh!!!!:confused: :confused:

the jackal
07-24-2002, 02:43 PM
all three:) or at least the first two.

TransMan
07-24-2002, 02:46 PM
Im going with all three Chew them our make them fix it then sell it before anything else goes wrong.

Kevmag
07-24-2002, 02:53 PM
I'd do all three. Once its fixed lose that puppy...

OR

Go to the Smart Parts forum and post your problem. Maybe the president of SP will post and tell you what to do to fix it.:rolleyes:

Toxic Dave
07-24-2002, 03:08 PM
Did you send your entire gun in to be repaired or just the board?? My thinking is that if it was just the board, then to problem was misdiagnosed.

What is your marker doing?? or not doing?? Am I safe to assume that it's an Impulse?

I spend a good deal of my life fixing/ working on Impulses, maybe I can help ya out.

dave/ toxic performance

brian terry
07-24-2002, 03:17 PM
you need to call them and tell them what happon .dont get all mad at them right off .be nice to start you will get more help that way .if you send in the gun and its not fixed when it comes back then get mad.but if you had a mag to start this would not happon hehe.....you going to ioa.

mykroft
07-24-2002, 03:48 PM
They're generally quite good about fixing screwups like that. So call them about it.

paint king
07-24-2002, 05:12 PM
I bought my imp and right from the box i took one shot and then i had to pay 75 dollars to fix it. They said i messed something up but i didnt. Once i got it back i traded it to paintballsucka for his mag and im never going to get rid of it. My home is with a mag.

Dubstar112
07-24-2002, 06:04 PM
Toxic Dave your help would be much appreciated. Right now, when I turn on the board, the led flashes for a normal start up, and when I make a trigger pull, the led blinks. However, the solenoid is not getting a pulse. When I push the manual button on the solenoid, it fires. I think there may be a problem with somother part of the circuit. I think its safe to assume that Smart Parts should have tested the board to make sure that it worked before they sent it back to me.:confused:

Dubstar112
07-24-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Kevmag
I'd do all three. Once its fixed lose that puppy...

OR

Go to the Smart Parts forum and post your problem. Maybe the president of SP will post and tell you what to do to fix it.:rolleyes:

Where is this Smart Parts forum you speak of? I dont see one on thier site :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kevmag
07-24-2002, 07:46 PM
No forum for support/questions/news??? Welcome to 80's customer service! Woohoo!!!

cris8762
07-24-2002, 10:18 PM
go to the pbreview imp forums... the guys of e-paintballoutlet are always on there and most of them are SP certified techs so they can help ya

Mossman
07-25-2002, 12:09 AM
Hrm. Is your board plugged in? I know on my shocker theres a plug that goes from board to solenoids, and that would make sense that your board is flashing like its shooting but the solenoids arent doing anything...Maybe that plug is bad or theres something in it or something?

CpSuPeRkId
07-25-2002, 12:26 AM
im a true AGD fan so dont get me wrong. i just dont have enough money for the marker i really want(xtreme). so i went out and bought the next best anti chopping machine, the impulse vision. i actually love it and it itself has had no problems. i have 5 friends with impulses and they have never had a problem. i did however have multiple problems with my max flo. i ditched it and got a vert reg, the AA black ice. now i dont know what kind of customer service smart parts has. heard mixed feelings actually. but if u are going to buy an impulse buy it from your local store(warped sportz in my case)instead of the internet, cuz then u have to send it in to smartparts. if i have any problems with broken boards or solenoids, they will fix it for free. all in all i couldnt be happier with my smart parts gun.

07-25-2002, 08:49 AM
your problem is that you did not include a 1 pound bag of candy with the marker, i hear if you do that, the techs sometimes even do something special for you ;)

Dubstar112
07-25-2002, 04:25 PM
Yes, of course the board was plugged to the solenoid. I posted on the PBN SP forum. Ive recieved better help over here on a mag forum than a Impulse specific forum.. Im going to have to send my gun to somone to diagnose the problem. However, I can guarantee I wont be sending it directly to SP.

BTW, I dont want to get rid of this gun because I have never playted a game with it. I might just like it :)

cris8762
08-04-2002, 05:45 PM
try the PB REVIEW forums.......there are a bunch of sp certified techs there and they might be able to help ya