PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Question

BetaMax
07-24-2002, 04:18 PM
Untill recently my Emag Micro 2000 has been performing flawlessly. Now it is leaking air down the barrel.

I changed bolts: same thing
I changed the power tube o-ring: same thing
I moved from a .220 to a .215: same thing

I got my L10 kit last friday. Installed that using the quick setup. It leaked for about the first 50 shots then stopped. Played the following day and after I shot 1 case through it, it started leaking down the barrel again.

I will be changing the spacers tonight once I get home to see if that helps, but my question is, is the power tube o-ring suppose to fit snug against the piston (ie: you have to use pressure to move the oring up and down the piston) or should it be loose (ie: if I put it on the piston it will move freely if I tilt the bolt). That is how it is currently no matter what bolt or o-ring I try.

Here is the kicker, I took my non L10 bolt and power tube o-ring from my E-mag(the ones that was leaking air constantly) and put them on my RT. No leaks and shot it about 10,000 times.. works great.

I made sure on my E-Mag that everything was tightened. I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Me and my baby.
http://www.fox4paintball.com/img/April6,%202002/4-6-2002%201011p/IM000053.JPG

FYI This is the gun that shot Tom Kaye in the mask at the Adventure Games in Manchester, NH, when he was debuting the Emag. Just be happy it was a mag that got ya :) You still are a hero in my book.

Army
07-24-2002, 04:30 PM
Use the same O-ring, but go to the next smaller carrier. Yes, it should be snug on the piston, but not so tight that it will stick to it, and not so loose that it will slide by itself.

The O-ring wore in with the case of paint, now you have to restrict it smaller to get the snug fit again.

BetaMax
07-24-2002, 04:37 PM
Changing to the next size smaller carrier was my next step when I get home.. I will post results. Thanks for the quick response.