PDA

View Full Version : new frame = new leak

avi24
07-24-2002, 09:42 PM
i just put an intelliframe on my minimag, im pretty sure its on correctly, i mean the thing isnt on backwards or anything, and now i got myself a nice air leak coming out of my barrel. the trigger also goes forward like the gun is ready to fire, but when i pull it, nothing happens. any help would be greatly appreciated

Havoc_online
07-24-2002, 10:23 PM
try putting on a new bolt spring. what type of trigger frame did you have before? have you checked all your o rings?

avi24
07-25-2002, 06:28 AM
i bought the gun used, there was a frame that had the trigger guard cut out to accomodate the double trigger. all the o-rings seem to be in decent shape.

=-xunoxnitrox-=
07-25-2002, 01:13 PM
check to make sure the tip of the power tube is screwed on tight and if it is go with a smaller powertube spacer :)

TransMan
07-25-2002, 01:26 PM
Your trigger rod may be screwed out too far is there any gap between the rod and the trigger?

mxracer33x
07-25-2002, 07:37 PM
Transman is right, I had the same problem on my mag when I went to an intelliframe. Back it out so you have about 1/16" play between the trigger and rod. then if you desire you can adjust it closer after it is all working properly.

avi24
07-25-2002, 07:52 PM
should i have 1/16" with or without my air hooked up

virus
07-25-2002, 08:17 PM
with the mag aired up and teh trigger pulled as far forward away from the trigger rod as possible there should be about 1/16" between the too....

if there is more then that you get the problem you have now
with too little i forget excatly what happens... also if you have a set of dial calipers you can chk the overall length... doing a search on the rod length should lead you to it... also you may need to hold a lighter to the rod to break loose any loctite holding it... and reapply loctite when you go to adjust it to make sure it dont move on you

avi24
07-25-2002, 08:51 PM
well i applied your suggestions about the length of my trigger rod (dirty thought :rolleyes: ) and it appears to be holding up well, the leaking stopped and it fires when i pull the trigger. i only dry fired it a couple times, ill try running paint thru it at a time when i wont wake all the neighbors up thanx a lot for the help