PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 ?

paintballrulzs
07-25-2002, 08:52 AM
Alright i am running a hyperframed mag with a classic valve. I followed miscues video and when i went to shoot i just here clicks from the sear moving, similar to when i have the frame on but no air. I have about 1400 psi in the tank and i can't figure out what the problem is. I went to lower spring legths and tried different carriers and shims. Anyone have any suggestions?

athomas
07-25-2002, 08:59 AM
You may have to turn the velocity up quite a bit from where it was previously set.

paintballrulzs
07-25-2002, 09:09 AM
I have got it to the point where it "gasps for air"

TransMan
07-25-2002, 10:33 AM
turn up your velocity more

paintballrulzs
07-25-2002, 02:20 PM
Ok now with the smallest spring, 2 shims,the three ring carrier (flat side) and now it leaks very bad. So we turned the velocity all the way down and it would fire but then the clicking sound and it still leaks. When we went to the midle spring the gun would not fire. It continued with the clicking sound. Anyone have any clue what to adjust to fix it? Let me know

TheTramp
07-25-2002, 03:27 PM
Is the leak down the barrel? You might need a smaller carrier or you might need to turn the velocity up a lot more like at least 2 turns. Sounds like you might not have enough pressure to get the PT o-ring to set.

paintballrulzs
07-25-2002, 04:05 PM
It is leaking out the velocity screw very badly. Someone know how to fix this?

athomas
07-25-2002, 04:33 PM
Leaks out the front or out the back. If it leaking out the front then you need a smaller carrier. The three ring carrier seems large. I don't know of anyone using a carrier that large. Most use a 1.5 or 2.

The proper carrier should allow the o-ring to go on stiff but move along the bolt stem smoothly. Use plenty of lubricant at first.

Once you have the proper carrier and the smallest spring, gas the gun and gradually turn up the velocity adjustment until the gun fires. Now you can check for velocity and go from there.

Hopefully you can get it working. It's frustrating when a new toy doesn't perform.