PDA

View Full Version : How does an automag work

benzy2
07-25-2002, 12:52 PM
I am new to the mag and i hear blow forword alot. What does it mean.

warpfeedmod
07-25-2002, 01:30 PM
stealing this from another thread:

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=371694

Not sure how I can describe it since I'm not very sure myself, perhaps someone else can do a better job?

TransMan
07-25-2002, 01:33 PM
Ok if you are familiar to spyders and there clones you now they are blow backs. In a blow back you have a spring that pushes the boltfoward and the air is released and the air blows the bolt back so the sear can catch it and it is recocked.

In an automag after you pull the trigger the sear releases the bolt a certain amount of air that is held in the valve is then rleased. It pushes the bolt forward and then releases the air onto the ball after the air is relased a spring pushes the bolt back and the valve recharges and is ready to shoot again.

athomas
07-25-2002, 01:38 PM
"Blow forward" refers to the method used to move the bolt forward to push the paintball into the barrel.

A mag uses the compressed air in the valve chamber to push (blow forward) the bolt forward and then shoot the ball. The bolt is returned using a spring.

Many guns, elctronic and manual, use pnuematics to cock and fire the gun. Air is used to push the bolt forward and back using a ram.

Other guns, mainly lower priced, use a "blow back" design. A spring is used to push the bolt and hammer forward to chamber the ball and hit a pin to release a charge of air. this air charge shoots the ball and recocks the gun (blows the bolt and hammer back).