PDA

View Full Version : retro help

dogEmedic
07-25-2002, 03:57 PM
Sorry to bug you guys,

Just went to install my new retro valve into my mag and I couldnt get it to work, it just leaked down the barrel, and the trigger rod would not move forword into the shooting position. I took it out oiled it up and switched to the next smaller spacer and had the same results.
I tried the hold the trigger down when charging the gun but that didnt do anything Any ideas, I would be most greatfull.

setup
warp left mag
crossfire 68/3k stub. crossfire 68/4.5k
shocktech drop with on/off asa

RetroEclipseMan
07-25-2002, 04:21 PM
It sounds that the output pressure on your tank my not be set high enough to fully charge the gun. Make sure that it's above 600 psi. Just my $.02.

athomas
07-25-2002, 06:13 PM
Try turning the velocity up a few turns and gassing it up again. Make sure there is plenty of lubricant in it when you gas it up for the first time. It will help seat the o-rings.

MinMag415
07-25-2002, 08:46 PM
check your power tube oring.. behind the bolt. i had the same problem... and it was an easy fix

a_malfunction
07-26-2002, 12:01 AM
Make sure that you gas it up quickly, or hold the trigger down as you gas it up. It'll leak down the barrel if you dont.

dogEmedic
07-26-2002, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the ideas guys,but none of them worked. I thik their must be a problem because the trigger rod does not move at all when when i gas it up, makes me wonder if the on/off is to short, or if something else is wrong. I think I will send it out to agd before I get to satressed and throw it out the window.

Alan

athomas
07-26-2002, 03:07 PM
Did you put the new sear in that came with the retro valve? Maybe your old sear has some wear. Its worth a try.

I had to do that on my mag when I upgraded to a retro valve. I guess the old sear was worn just enough to cause a leak down the barrel on the retro valve even though it worked fine with the old AIR valve.

DIEZEL
07-29-2002, 06:31 AM
I also just recently purchased a Retro, I had your exact problem. Here's your issue; #1 what kinda N2 tank are you using, the reason I say this is a CO2 style thread in doesn't have the instant gas-up that the Retro requires. Here is how you fix it, get a straight pull squigee and stick it against your bolt, hold it there and gas up your gun. When I did this it work flawlessly, and I haven't needed to use the squigee to air-up since. Hope this works for ya.

Black ReTro Automag
Black Intelliframe (blade trig)
Smoke Warp
14" Freak System
X-Board Revvy
CP Black flame DF
CP ASA
SYS X 68/4500

LVL 10 (on the way)

anthraxxx
11-12-2002, 11:03 AM
I just bought a retro as well and was experiencing the same problems, only mine happened the second time i gassed it up to dry fire at home. trigger rod would not move forward and the bolt moved up to let air leak down the barrel. I thought it was the on/off pin sticking, the sear/trigger rod sticking, bolt stick, wrong pt spacer. I looked at each of these areas to no avail I started to open the valve up as a last resort. Started with the on/off assy, then opened the back half. cleaned the seat and put everything back together and finally the sear engaged when i gassed it up. I took it to the chrony to fire some balls through and it turned out that the velocity was way down, like balls wouldn't even make it out of the barrel. after searching this forum i have noticed a trend with retros, particularly with brand new ones. the velocity needs to be turned up about a half a turn before you gas it up the first time so that everything has a chance to engage properly. this should be mentioned in the instructions that come with the valve to save a lot of people some headaches and worry. but once you figure that out, the valve rocks!