PDA

View Full Version : Large Plastic Pipes for Bunkers

ZyperioN
07-25-2002, 06:50 PM
I know most of you guys have seen the black corrugated pipes that feilds use to make speedball courses. Anyone know where i could get some? i was looking for 48" diameter or larger.

Will Wood
07-25-2002, 06:54 PM
I think they are something to do with sewage or something. If you ask your town hall they might be able to hook you up with some scrap stuff.

PaInTbAlLeR476
07-25-2002, 06:56 PM
I will tell you right now it is going to be VERY hard to get. My friends dad works for the road crew department and cant really get any of it. He can only get some very tiny peices that are basicaly worthless on a feild. Go ahead and try but it wioll be hard i warn you. This stuff is VERY expensive as well.

Telefragged
07-25-2002, 07:00 PM
The stuff Hyperball fields are made out of? It's drainage tubing, and like Paintballer said, its pretty expensive, and rather hard to get ahold of any scrap thats worth using.

If you want an inexpensive place to play, just go to your local Home Depot, Agway, whatever, and talk to them about taking some pallets. Chances are, they'd be glad to give 'em to you, as they've gotta pay to get then hauled away anways. Get a bunch for 'bunkers' and a bunch for scrap wood. Fill in the slats of the 'bunkers' with scavenged pieces from the scrap, arrange as you please.

You could also try picking up some waferboard in sheets about the same size as a sheet of plywood for around $6.00. It won't hold up very well, and it'll probably fall apart if it gets wet for a long period of time, but if you live in a nice dry area, it should work for a couple months.

ZyperioN
07-25-2002, 07:10 PM
holy *EDIT* 4 responses, but this one is a warning to not cuss here. It's in the forum rules you agreed to follow. Do it. Army dude (kyle voice from south park), 3 response within 10 mins of me putting up the thread, damn u guys r good :D yeah i have an uncle who works in the construction field so im gonna ask him too.

ZyperioN
07-25-2002, 08:42 PM
well now army has someone to yell at :D

BlueMagRT
07-25-2002, 08:51 PM
i don't know if it is different where you are at but i live in chicago and the standard black corrugated drainage pipe you are looking for is sold at my local home depot out in the garden section. it is used for drainage under your yard and comes in rolls and like 10ft sections. i don't know the price but try looking at the home depot.

rudy
07-25-2002, 09:36 PM
currugated pipe will be about 20$ for 100 feet at home depot but that is the small stuff which isnt very usefull. he is lookign for larger stuff which is expensive and basically a waste of money imho. Pallets are free at the right place and usually for junky ones it will take some work to get ripping them appart and turning them into good ones or filling the slats. the good ones usually have a downpayment for retailers. One of the cheaper and better bunkers I have found is just 7/16 OSB you can get it for around 5$ for a 4'x8' sheet and cut a notch down the center and then stick 2 together to make a X self suporting and fairly weather resistant for a while.

FeelTheRT
07-25-2002, 09:46 PM
you can get them for free at construction sites. Some friends of mine got a whole hyperball field worth of tubes for free. No they did not preform acts of theft. All they did was ask.

Pand0ra
07-26-2002, 03:41 AM
I started a thread on this subject a week ago. I received a few links to some companies selling them.
You should do a search on 'How to build a Hyperball", or something close to that to find it.

@++

ZyperioN
07-26-2002, 09:26 AM
Thanx guys u peeps rock, now if only that damn ups guy would give me my lvl10...........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Patron God of Pirates
07-26-2002, 09:51 AM
If there are any Juice companies in your area, they use huge blue plastic drums they will part with relatively cheaply. If they have cracks or damaged bungs, they just throw them out, so they give them for free.