PDA

View Full Version : Air tank shot point blank...

Arturus
07-25-2002, 09:07 PM
Close enough to it at least.

A guy standing right next to me on the side of the field accidentily shot at my tank. The kid had an electro and obviously had his finger on the trigger. The end of his barrel was about a feet away from my tank.

My redz tank cover has a rip on it... If I were to put even the slighest pressure on the area it was shot on, my finger would go right through it. I have an AA Armageddon tank. The tank has no visible damage that I can see.. Part of the area that was shot was the AA sticker and it's a bit 'warped' from the shot.

Do I have any reason to worry and should I go get it checked out?

I know these are 'bullet-proof' tanks, but thought it would be better safe than sorry when it comes to messing with HPA.

Mods - A pretty general question, so posted it here instead of the tech forum.

Jonno06
07-25-2002, 09:14 PM
hes an idiot...

i really dont think it would do any serious damage to the tank,but ide say u needed a new tank cover...

Arturus
07-25-2002, 10:02 PM
I'll be getting a new cover as soon as I recover from my recent paintball spending spree.

Thanks for the response! After that little incident, I've learned to take a few steps further away from players who seem a bit edgy or new to the game, and have electro markers.

Wc Keep
07-25-2002, 10:50 PM
the guy who doesnt stop twitching is the guy you stay away from. and the guy who seems to be goofed up on speed stay away from him cause hell most likely be the guy to shoot you in the back off the break.

Tron
07-25-2002, 10:55 PM
lol. My friend shot himself in the foot before the game started cause he was so nervous. It was his second time in like 4yrs. After the game he said some *EDIT* Don't cuss. Army shot him before the whistle blew. And it was his white paint on his boot.

-Tron

Temo Vryce
07-26-2002, 07:54 AM
Personally I don't know what kinda of a tank that you are using but I have never personally seen a "bullet-proof" tank. The way I understand it your HPA tank is very close to a pop can. Its a very thin metal container with a couple inches of fibreglass wraped around it. The fibre wrap is designed to protect the tank as much as it is to prevent shrapnel flying if it does burst. If the close range shot to your tank did appear to dent your tank then personally I would get it Hydroed. It's a cheap test for a lot of piece of mind. The reg is the expensive part anyways, so if the tank itself is bad it won't be too expensive to replace it. What are the odds that the hit has caused a problem? Not very likely. The tanks are designed to take a little abuse. I don't think that there will be a problem but it never hurts to be safe.

Pand0ra
07-26-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Temo Vryce
Its a very thin metal container with a couple inches of fibreglass wraped around it. The fibre wrap is designed to protect the tank as much as it is to prevent shrapnel flying if it does burst.

There's around 5mm of Aluminium in a 4500psi tank. On this is wrapped a layer of Carbon, itselfs protected by a layer of glass fiber. The carbon is what allows the tank to resist to the pressure. The layer of glass fiber is just there as a protection.
You've to worry when the layer of carbon is being damaged (and replace the tank immediately).

If it's the case with a point blank shot, you should ask the other player to stop using a shotgun LOL :D

It's interesting to talk to a company like SCI during a Millenium, you learn a lot of interesting things.

@++