PDA

View Full Version : Paintball

Killaman
07-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Can someone reccomend a paintball that fits this description?

-Thin Shell (not brittle)
-Thick Paint(like marballizers)
-Dry

Anyone?

Jonno06
07-25-2002, 09:21 PM
severe paint sounds about right...

InfinatyBPS
07-25-2002, 09:43 PM
Mabalizer and that new RP ball with the Evil fill, that stuff is wicked...

DaFlip
07-25-2002, 10:03 PM
There was this paint called Venom or something, thin shell, but the fill was like glue!

DaFlip

mykroft
07-26-2002, 02:07 AM
If you're looking for a dry shell, check out JT Maxim, it's thin shell, thick fill Advantage.

ttoad4000t
07-26-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by DaFlip
There was this paint called Venom or something, thin shell, but the fill was like glue!

DaFlip

Its called TC paint now, but the boxes say venom, i only know of one place that you can get them, used to be our sponser

http://www.tesllc.com/itemdesc.asp?CartId=7619466GTZBG54&ic=PB10TCPLATINUM&tpc=

very good paint!

Killaman
07-26-2002, 09:14 AM
venom is good i've tried that! but sometimes my store doesn't have it! Marbys have too thick a shell, but i like there thick paint! JT maxim never heard of that!

07-26-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Killaman
venom is good i've tried that! but sometimes my store doesn't have it! Marbys have too thick a shell, but i like there thick paint! JT maxim never heard of that!

I also heard somehwere that JT Maxim is some how pressurized so that when it hits it makes a larger mark with is harder to wipe.

Killaman
07-26-2002, 01:04 PM
really? i hafta check out JT website

Arturus
07-26-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by InfinatyBPS
Mabalizer and that new RP ball with the Evil fill, that stuff is wicked...

Like Infinaty, the only paint I can think of that is dry and has a thick fill... 'extremely' thick fill is the Evil from RPS. It supposidly stains rather easily on the skin as well.

As far as I know, it breaks well enough on targets. I've personally yet to hear of any paint that has a thicker fill. It is expensive and might be hard to find - I don't think RPS even makes boxes for it.

It'll cost you in average $15-$20 more than All-Star/Marbs I think.

Tom Sparkman
07-26-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 845
I also heard somehwere that JT Maxim is some how pressurized so that when it hits it makes a larger mark with is harder to wipe.

You can't compress (pressurize) liquids. That's why when you push on the break pedal, the pads push against disc - unless there's air in the line and the pedal sinks to the floorboard (the air gets pressurized).

Tom

Killaman
07-26-2002, 02:18 PM
dude, You just cant PUT "Tom" at the end of your reply!!!!! You scared the crap out of me!!! I was like oh no!!!!! Tom Kaye! The Great one!!!! dude, u just cant do that!

Army
07-26-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Killaman
dude, You just cant PUT "Tom" at the end of your reply!!!!! You scared the crap out of me!!! I was like oh no!!!!! Tom Kaye! The Great one!!!! dude, u just cant do that!
LOL! wuss:D

JT Maxim is just what you want, the fill is plenty thick to see on even those glancing hits on masks and guns. It shows up well on clothing too.

You can find it for around $60 a case. http://www.paintball-online.com/product_list.asp?dept=147&last=147

Killaman
07-26-2002, 08:16 PM
Hey,
It's ARMY!!! He's the man! I'm a WWII buff got a Paratrooper BDU set including ALL field gear!!! Plus a folding stock M1 Carbine! You get to shoot guns right army? kool, I love all guns!

magsRus
07-27-2002, 01:03 AM
well diablo paint hellfire stuff breaks on anything..including inside of your gun..how conventint

Telefragged
07-27-2002, 01:11 AM
Check out RPS Lightning. Thats the new stuff with the Evil fill, its incredibly thick, stains rather easily, and is just impossible to wipe. Thin, glitter coated shell too! :D

Psycow
07-27-2002, 02:09 AM
RPS Lighting - It Rocks!

The shell breaks quite easilly on the target but I haven't had any problem with it in the gun. The fill is very thik, it looks like toophpaste, especially once it gets dry.

S14-Racer
07-27-2002, 02:37 AM
RPS E-paint, or evil. Good luck getting to reliably fire, or sometimes fire at al in a non Lvl 10 mag though. you dont want to chop this stuff either as it is nasty, it doesnt wipe at all and you have to rub it when rinsing with water. The shell is very very thin and 0 bounce. I shot a pod of it out when I put in my lvl 10 with out a chop. We did chop one while it was held half in half out of the breach but it was due to the short spring as I was shooting 260. I got some of the fill on my guns elbow and didnt clean it out that night. Now I have a clear smoke elbow with pink stains in it :)

Edit: oh yeah but you cant buy it. Last I heard it was for rps sponsored teams at big tourneys.

Killaman
07-27-2002, 07:08 AM
dont have to worry about it being brittle! I have lvl 10