PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone EVER chopped a ball with lvl10?

Restola
07-25-2002, 10:08 PM
I'm interested to hear if anyone has EVER gotten a ball to chop (not break down the barrel) with their level 10. I'll put an option up in case anyone broke one while testing it (holding a ball and firing over and over).

AcemanPB
07-25-2002, 10:29 PM
i chopped a ball after holding it halfway in the breech and firing about 8 times, but then agian i'm using the shortest spring sooo...

subbeh
07-25-2002, 10:35 PM
Ot, but my uncle flys a citation 10 for shaw carpet I believe. It's sweet.

Halliday
07-25-2002, 10:49 PM
3000+ rounds, no chops, breaks or otherwise messes.

Havoc_online
07-26-2002, 12:27 AM
the level 10 mod is what you make of it, you can tweak it to be very soft on paint. if you get it and think it's too hard on paint or you get a chop, try a longer spring(depending).

Cypres0099
07-26-2002, 12:41 AM
I chopped one when I stuck a normal hopper on my warp and I've chopped several while testing.

This is with 0-1 bounce Brass Eagle.;)

Havoc_online
07-26-2002, 12:48 AM
what settings did you have your level 10 at?

Oregon_pb_
07-26-2002, 12:55 AM
for anyone using the extreme's, what setting is stock with those? Did you have to make any adjustments?

P4ULuk
07-26-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Oregon_pb_
for anyone using the extreme's, what setting is stock with those? Did you have to make any adjustments?

I'll try and let you know tonight, as (fingers crossed) I'm picking my c&c extreme up tonight, noot sure how I'll be able to tell what carriers are in it though and to be honest don't really want to strip it out after its all been set up lovingly by Mr Bonich.

Rest assured though I'll be doing 'the tests' (finger/tongue/toe/etc....:rolleyes: in the breech,paintball on some tape etc) Will let you know how it goes, and of course PICS! :D:D:D:D

Paul.
:D

manike
07-26-2002, 02:58 AM
I've chopped with level 10! But it was with paint that would break when dropped from 6" Yes 6 inches. Go find a ruler and see how close to the ground that is :) The paint would break when dropped on grass!

I have never chopped with level 10 in normal playing conditions and when giving chrono demo's with 'normal' tourny level playing paint (including some very old hellfire).

Paul I hear your C&C is gorgeous and thus got built first :) can't wait to see it.

manike

P4ULuk
07-26-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by manike
I've chopped with level 10! But it was with paint that would break when dropped from 6" Yes 6 inches. Go find a ruler and see how close to the ground that is :) The paint would break when dropped on grass!

I have never chopped with level 10 in normal playing conditions and when giving chrono demo's with 'normal' tourny level playing paint (including some very old hellfire).

Paul I hear your C&C is gorgeous and thus got built first :) can't wait to see it.

manike

I can't wait either!! damn work, damn, damn, damn!

lol

Pics will be up A.S.A.P

Paul

manike
07-26-2002, 03:15 AM
Paul, I e-mailed you, when are where are you going to pick up your gun? or are you expecting it at home tonight?

Want to come practice at Warwick this weekend?

manike

Pand0ra
07-26-2002, 03:16 AM
Paul, take pics of your Xtreme asap. I want to see pics of the others C&C out there :D

Btw Manike, how many C&C are produced each week right now (if it's not a secret)? I didn't see any other pics than mine till now (except one of the proto, and yours).

@++

manike
07-26-2002, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Pand0ra
Btw Manike, how many C&C are produced each week right now (if it's not a secret)? I didn't see any other pics than mine till now (except one of the proto, and yours).

@++

I don't know numbers but I believe they are flat out making them for IAO at the moment.

Until tonight I think the one you have and the one TK has are the only ones in existence... and Tom's is an uber prototype, after tonight and the next week or so a few of the 'elite' (hehehe) in Britain and Europe will have them.

I bet that as soon as they are built there will be pictures about.

manike

P4ULuk
07-26-2002, 03:23 AM
Paul, I e-mailed you, when are where are you going to pick up your gun? or are you expecting it at home tonight?

Want to come practice at Warwick this weekend?

manike

Damn am busy this weekend, am doing the DYEhard cup at Skelmersdale on Sat.

It was sent out yesterday morning so should be around this morning.

Can you tell me any more about the auto-sensing?

Paul.

P4ULuk
07-26-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Pand0ra
Paul, take pics of your Xtreme asap. I want to see pics of the others C&C out there :D

@++

No fear mate, as soon as I get it home pics will be taken and put up, warning though the fist batch will be not be good quality as my digicam is rubbish!!

Paul

I can't wait!!!!

Pand0ra
07-26-2002, 05:45 AM

... after tonight and the next week or so a few of the 'elite' (hehehe) in Britain and Europe will have them.

manike

No no, they already have it :D

@++

Patron God of Pirates
07-26-2002, 09:32 AM
A finely tuned LV.10 can't chop jack. Things I have tried to chop with my Level 10 RTP:

•1-3 bounce Paintball: 400+ shots 1/2 in breach, didn't chop
•Small Grape: 20 Shots, didn't even break skin
•My finger: Ongoing battle, finger shows no sign of weakening
•McDonalds Straw: Held close to the bolt, didn't bend. Held at end of stroke, bent.
•The hearts of Shocker users everywhere, Broken

Restola
07-26-2002, 11:16 AM
Lol patron. Tell your finger to hang in there!

drx975
07-26-2002, 02:48 PM
I have just tested my Level 10 under about 200-300 rounds of paint-

-1.5 carrier (2.0 did not work after 20 shots)
-Mid Spring
-2 shims, but I did not experiment with different numbers of shims

No chops, and I did hold a ball in the breech and fire on it 7 times and nothing happened (NICE). Paint is a mix of 1 and 1/2 month old paint and about 75 5 month old paint. No problems.

I did encounter a problem with getting the gun to fire at the start - it was so gentle it hit the paintball and recocked lol. But once the oring was broken in my Level 10 setup is unstoppable.

I did not chrono but the velo appears to be close to 300fps. I should have tried turning the velo down to see if the gun would fire at 280 but I ran out of air.

the jackal
07-26-2002, 04:05 PM
I have "chopped" a ball while testing the level 10, I put chopped in quotes because it just cracked the side of the ball. It was severe paint and I pulled the trigger about 12 times before the ball finally cracked.

Phil
07-26-2002, 05:31 PM
I am using 2 shims, the 2 ring spacer and the medium spring and it will chop. I tried a longer spring and the gun wont fire reliably. I tried tighter spacers and the gun wont fire reliably. The only way my gun fires well is with the above mentioned combination. I am open to suggestions if anyone has any. I am using 3 week old bigball.

Phil

manike
07-26-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Phil
I tried a longer spring and the gun wont fire reliably.

Did you increase the input pressure to the gun? With the heaviest spring you definitely need a higher input. Mine seems to need around 900 to be reliable. At 800-850 it splutters sometimes and is not so reliable.

You may also need to wind in the velocity adjustment screw some with the strongest spring.

manike

drx975
07-26-2002, 09:49 PM
Phil that doesnt really make sense...not saying you did anything wrong, but check your input pressure, velocity, and make sure there arent any leaks. Its also possible that you mixed up the carriers and used a really tight one such as .5 instead of trying 1.5. The 1.5 carrier has one ring and 3 divots. Also try taking out the shims, that might make the bolt vent later, therefore keeping the bolt slow until it hits the paintball. One last very important point--make sure that the BAD end of the spring, the end with the coil CUT OFF is on the bolt. If it is hanging off the end this can cause problems (not sure what kind of problem but still check).

Get back to me and if it doesnt work post this problem in the official level 10 problems thread -- most are user error, and I think i have only seen one manufacturing mistake which is when the superbolt doesnt even fit on.

I have a minimag and Im using 2 shims, 1.5 carrier after break-in, and mid spring.

puckmaster
07-26-2002, 11:22 PM
This guy at my field had one, and he chopped nothing the whole day, while using Diable Rec Sport. he shot a case through it. Hope mine gets here soon.

FutureMagOwner
07-27-2002, 07:08 AM
nope hasnt chopped a ball yet but it made a dent in a cheap pencil. when i put the ball in and locked it in place with the barrel and started to fire the gun started to vent like it normally did but kept on doing it even after i took the ball out anyone know why?

manike
07-27-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
nope hasnt chopped a ball yet but it made a dent in a cheap pencil. when i put the ball in and locked it in place with the barrel and started to fire the gun started to vent like it normally did but kept on doing it even after i took the ball out anyone know why?

Sounds like you ran low on air while trying to chop :D

manike

FutureMagOwner
07-27-2002, 04:59 PM
no but it knocked out about 700 psi b4 i could get the darned tank off.

another thing happened too i might have twisted the barrel too hard(which i doubt) but it chopped even though im using the longest spring #1 carrier and 2 shims? any suggestions?

EDIT: i slapped in a new shim and hope that stops that occasional leak.

anyone know a way to make it a tad lighter so im defiantly not chopping(it didnt chop i think it just opened up a seam) and its jt maxium i tested that on not the rest of my junky pmi premiums

manike
07-27-2002, 07:47 PM
Adding shims will NOT stop a gun from leaking. Adding shims actually makes the gun 'leak' earlier when stopping on a ball. If the gun is leaking due to the vent hole, adding shims will only make it worse.

Leaking means too many shims or the carrier is not tight enough.

manike

FutureMagOwner
07-27-2002, 08:10 PM
so i should take out shims? also i have no problem shooting regular

should i use 1 shim or no shims?

Cypres0099
07-27-2002, 08:18 PM
You could try THIS (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=44272&goto=newpost) and go down to a tighter carrier.

manike
07-27-2002, 08:23 PM
Use as many shims as required to make the bolt vent and reset if it pinches a bolt.

If you have lots of shims in and no leak then leave it.

If it is leaking and pushing the bolt back (or gently putting pressure on the trigger) stops it leaking then remove shims.

manike

Restola
07-27-2002, 09:57 PM
This isnt a tech thread! Have you chopped, yes or no!

:)

manike
07-28-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Restola
This isnt a tech thread! Have you chopped, yes or no!

:)

Every thread is a tech thread when I post in it :) Can't help myself...

Also not every question can be answered with a yes or a no...

"Have you stopped beating your wife/girlfriend..." Try answering that with just a Yes or No and then think about it in the light of how others may read it. :)

manike

P4ULuk
07-28-2002, 03:30 AM
Put 600 rounds through my C&C extreme with a VL200, tried it as fast as I could pull the trigger in electro and fluffing the trigger in RT and hybred mode not a single chop. I also tried it with the ACE on this slowed the firing rate down alot and with the level 10 really doesn't appear to be needed!

No chops with my level 10.

I love it!

Paul.

Patron God of Pirates
07-29-2002, 08:29 AM
The key with the Lv.10 appears to be getting the velocity just right.

You need to get it to reach te 280-300 range, while still being soft on paint, and still resetting every time. My lv.10 RTP: 289, 289, 290, 289, 290.

I'm using the 1.5 carrier (broke in the O-Ring on the 2 carrier), 2 shims and the cut spring. It just cannot chop paint. Like I said, 400 rounds into the shell of a 1-3 bounce paintball. This is what lv.10 can do, don't settle for less.

Dayspring
08-20-2002, 11:58 PM
2000 rounds of 32*. No chops. Happy Camper :D

Shirow
08-21-2002, 06:40 AM
Did you increase the input pressure to the gun? With the heaviest spring you definitely need a higher input. Mine seems to need around 900 to be reliable. At 800-850 it splutters sometimes and is not so reliable.

You may also need to wind in the velocity adjustment screw some with the strongest spring.

That's a little worrying, as I have a preset tank so I can't increase my input. Has anyone had problems using lvl 10 without an adjustable tank? Also, the fields I play at have a (maximum) fps of 285. Am I going to have problems with lvl 10?

athomas
08-21-2002, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Shirow

That's a little worrying, as I have a preset tank so I can't increase my input. Has anyone had problems using lvl 10 without an adjustable tank? Also, the fields I play at have a (maximum) fps of 285. Am I going to have problems with lvl 10?

You'll be fine with a level 10. Most use preset tanks and have no problems. An adjustable tank just gives you afew more options in tunability.

When people refer to turning up the velocity its because with the stronger spring, the bolt returns with more residual pressure in the chamber. That means less air is used to propel the ball and therefore less velocity. You have to increase the pressure in the chamber by turning up the velocity adjuster to bring the velocity back up to a usable level.

I have shot 10000 round through mine with a preset tank and no chops. It works like a charm.

cphilip
08-21-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Patron God of Pirates
I'm using the 1.5 carrier (broke in the O-Ring on the 2 carrier), 2 shims and the cut spring. It just cannot chop paint.

Finding this very common to happen. Folks breaking in with the two carrier and then going on down to the 1.5 after a few bolt reset issues develop after/during break in. And in all cases so far the 1.5 fixed it and broke on in as expected and remains their usable setting that is gentle on paint with the middle spring at a good usable FPS.

edited to put an S in usable and take an extra T out! :)

manike
08-21-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Finding this very common to happen. Folks breaking in with the two carrier and then going on down to the 1.5 after a few bolt reset issues develop after/during break in. And in all cases so far the 1.5 fixed it and broke on in as expected and remains their uable settting that is gentle on paint with the middle spring at a good usable FPS.

Yeah me too!

I used to run my gun as soft as possible but I've now found using the middle spring to be a bit better in terms of running a lower input pressure and getting more shots fromt he tank.

All of my hellfire video's and tests were done with the middle spring. I shot a case and a bit of hellfire last weekend after having forgotten to use the ACE (I relaised at the end of the day, when I could still fire with an empty hopper and a got a pinch noise!)

To get the benefits and not chop very fragile paint, you don't need to run it as close to the performance edge as I originally thought.

Both of my guns broke the o-ring in to now use the 1.5 carrier and no problems with them since (and lots of shots fired!) :D

manike

joeyjoe367
08-21-2002, 09:39 AM
I've never been so happy with my automag. Since I've installed Lv.10, I've shot more than 2500 rnds through it. Not a single chop, or break in the breach or barrel.

My boomstick i got has not been cleaned since I got it, and that's a good thing :D

ben_JD
08-21-2002, 01:39 PM
I have had similar issues as CPhilip and Manike; I used the 2.0 carrier for about 8,000 rounds and it developed an ever-increasing leak down the barrel. After one game where the leaking was particularly bad, I changed to a 1.5 carrier (between games - about 3 minutes) and it has worked fantastically since.

We really need more consistant O-rings, but Level 10 is amazing. I have probably shot about 10,000 rounds total through it and had only one break at the chrono while trying to pinch paintballs.

SyntaxError
08-21-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by the jackal
I have "chopped" a ball while testing the level 10, I put chopped in quotes because it just cracked the side of the ball. It was severe paint and I pulled the trigger about 12 times before the ball finally cracked.

the same exact thing happend to me, even down to the severe paint. It cracked the ball, but no paint all over, it was odd.

WicKeD_WaYz
08-22-2002, 11:03 AM
have never broken a ball but i currently have a cast on my pinky...i was playing with my friends level 7 mag and put my finger in it without thinking...ya i know im retarded but i was just so used to doing it with my own

manike
08-22-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by WicKeD_WaYz
have never broken a ball but i currently have a cast on my pinky...i was playing with my friends level 7 mag and put my finger in it without thinking...ya i know im retarded but i was just so used to doing it with my own

Sorry but I had to laugh. It's the kind of thing I could see myself doing :)

I've recently acquired the urge to put my fingers in other gun breaches which can't be healthy. :eek:

manike

cphilip
08-22-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by ben_JD
I have had similar issues as CPhilip and Manike

Not realy an "issue" its an expected and predicted thing. Break in. Has nothing to do with consistency of the O rings. In fact I used the same one just went down a carrier size in every case. And not only just us two I have seen this. I personaly helped install about 10 of these in person or on the chat and they all did this and the lower carrier jump was the fix. And it is even taught to us in tech class by Tom to expect this. The situation here is the one that matches on first dry fit is no longer the perfect fit after oil and some wear in. Thats all it is. You can almost expect it to happen.

ben_JD
09-05-2002, 11:11 AM
I put about 10000 rounds through the 2.0 carrier, then a leak sprouted that would not desist. I moved to a 1.5 carrier and have now put about 6000 more round through that and another leak has begun (the leak is down the barrel and a little pressure on the trigger will stop the leak). I may still have a shim in the system.

Should I a) remove the shim and leave the carrier; b) leave the shim and move to the 1.0 carrier; c) do both a) and b); or d) do something entirely different?

athomas
09-05-2002, 11:20 AM
If the leak can be stopped by a slight pull on the trigger, then you should remove a shim.

who_311
03-17-2003, 12:27 AM
Yeah, 69th vote! I voted for no chops. God, i love my lvl 10.

Rmarks
03-17-2003, 12:42 AM
well since this is back from the dead:

I put 2500 rounds through my Minimag with LX and had no chops.

I've put about 4500 through my Emag with Xvalve/LX and have had no chops.

jwren00
03-17-2003, 02:24 AM
about 4 cases, no chops yet.

i'm using a 1.0 carrier on my rt, it fits very tight. it hits so soft sometimes it doesn't even want to shoot the ball! If i dont have it oiled really well the bolt will try to push the ball forward but then just stop because of the detents and reset, it's nice.

Mr Pink
03-17-2003, 06:33 AM
I've had 10-12 cases through my c&c and 4 chops - using everything from Blaze to ultra-brittle Zap

More than Happy :D

Mickster
03-17-2003, 07:53 AM
I have never chopped a ball since i had my level 10 installed at campaign cup. Thought i had yesterday when i played but fortunately it was only a smeg in the barrel :D

rehme
03-17-2003, 11:19 AM
i had my LX so sensitive that i had a small barrel to a big ball ( did not have freak then) but it would just nuddge the ball barrely in the barrel

SlipknotX556
03-17-2003, 04:17 PM
I chop about maybe 15 balls a game with LX in my emag. Pretty bad, my guns is just like that.

pbzmag
03-17-2003, 04:43 PM
No chops here, mostly barrel breaks. That's because I'm using the z-body and my barrel is alittle to tight of a bore. Oh, I did almost chop my finger off. But that was because I forgot about the powertube top!

pbzmag

Rmarks
03-17-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
I chop about maybe 15 balls a game with LX in my emag. Pretty bad, my guns is just like that.

who the hell set the gun up?

crankydan
03-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556

Man, I have to agree with RMARKS. Dude who set youre marker up? You shouldnt be chopping at all. I couldnt even get my emag to chop with the level 7 with Halo and stock barrel. You might want to have someone check it out dude.

SlipknotX556
03-17-2003, 07:53 PM
My emag has been like this since, I got it. Its been nothing but problems. I usally get one game a day before the gun dies on me. Then I sit. The last time I used my emag, I had to use my brother RT valve, to make it work. Right now the gun is with BlackVCG to get looked over before my toury on saturday.

Daroach
03-18-2003, 03:05 PM
roughly 30,000 cycles on my Xmag, not ONE chop!

Russ
04-19-2003, 05:41 PM
I've been unable to chop a ball...I've used a VL-200, held the gun at 45* angle, and wailed on the trigger. No chops.

Well over 10 cases of paint through the gun, no chops.

I did have a barrel break today, while setting the gun up for a 260fps max velocity, it was old Anarchy paint (oh well, and I was getting ready to ditch my squeegee!)

StygShore
04-19-2003, 07:08 PM
Can you say...8 month... sorry 10 month old Worr Paint that has ben sitting in my garage.

Broke about 16 out of 300 or 400 shots.

Styg

Lee
04-19-2003, 07:50 PM
8000+ rounds. no chops.

acecl22
04-21-2003, 12:14 PM
the only time ive had to use my squeegie since i got the level ten was to clean my barrel after i accidentally shot my barrel condom, it was the All American Smart Parts girl too:( , but now everyone else uses my squeegie, cocker owner, impy owner, spyder owner, tippmann owner. I love my mag