PDA

View Full Version : Old Members of AO read!

ReTroMagBoy
07-26-2002, 11:55 AM
just checkin in on these forums again...sad i dont see many of the people from the old days. If you were registered november 2000 or earlier, post and say sup!

shartley
07-26-2002, 12:01 PM
I don't recall when I first registered, but it must have been some time around then. I know I was reading AO quite a bit before making an account though.

ReTroMagBoy
07-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by shartley
I don't recall when I first registered, but it must have been some time around then. I know I was reading AO quite a bit before making an account though.

u registered april 2001, but i still remember you...hey! mostly, i am referring to the members that were here when the old blue AO site(andy and flamebo)....wayyyyyyy before AGD even had interest in the site :cool:

EDIT...
oops not april 2001, lol but it was probaly around then as I remember shartly coming along some time after the AGD takeover!

wyn1370
07-26-2002, 12:07 PM
I came in right around the same time as AGD. Sorry not quite old enough for you.

FooTemps
07-26-2002, 12:12 PM
Do I count as old enough? I came in around september of last year.

irbodden
07-26-2002, 12:14 PM
I remember the Blue site....

but I joined when AGD bought this place out..

speedballbanks
07-26-2002, 12:17 PM
i was around when it was automags.com my name was magman420 it was a while before agd owned it and where they had babes that holding gun's in the picture section but i reregistered last july.

shartley
07-26-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by ReTroMagBoy

u registered april 2001, but i still remember you...hey! mostly, i am referring to the members that were here when the old blue AO site(andy and flamebo)....wayyyyyyy before AGD even had interest in the site :cool:

EDIT...
oops not april 2001, lol but it was probaly around then as I remember shartly coming along some time after the AGD takeover!
Yes, it was some time after AGD came, but should have been close. I did a search and because of the server and database messup, I can only pinpoint some time in that timeframe.

But, I must also point out that many of us have been here READING long before we became members, or had accounts that were for one reason or another deleted, etc.

Here is a question..... why do you want to know? ;)

RT-Rockin
07-26-2002, 12:25 PM
sup! ;)

Been around forever, I guess I'm just a voyeur at heart. :D

Rockin

cphilip
07-26-2002, 12:30 PM
OK well I am an old member and I read it...But not certain any one else will as they may not identify themselves with the title. In one sense I amy be the oldest "aged" member and was drawn right to the thread! :D

I know I lurked around for a while before registering in early Feb 01. Might have been for a few months (seems like Nov or Dec of 00) Not sure if that counts. I mostly came on full out when I had purchased my first Mag (the Eclipse Green sleek beauty!) after having bought one several months before for the kid. That was like in Oct. 00 when I bought his. So he was on some and I looked then to learn but never posted under my name. Did ask a few questions under one of his nicks that he has long forgotten. And so I was lurking around here then because of my new found interest in these markers through FatMan. Then with AGD in here I came on in and registered. Been here ever since. So I wouldn't classify myself as an "Old member" if the definition is long before AGD bought the site. Some of those guys have even moved on and rarely come. But a few of them I see around lately again which is real nice I think.

J
07-26-2002, 12:50 PM
I remember the blue site too, I couldn't join untill AGD bought it tho...

Thordic
07-26-2002, 01:11 PM
I showed up RIGHT before AGD took over the site. I remember the old site, but I didn't even lurk much. I joined later on.

Lone Gunman
07-26-2002, 01:19 PM
I've been registered here since AGD bought the site, but I had a different user name. I lurked around quite a while before that.

The only thing that I can remember about the old site was the upgrades section. It had a lot of ANS junk and on/off valves and various other "upgrades" that didn't really add performance.

Ah, the good old days.

TheTramp
07-26-2002, 01:44 PM
I found out about the forum a few months before I bought my Mag. Probably 10/00 or 11/00. I finaly stoped lurking in January of 01.

Miscue
07-26-2002, 02:18 PM
I've been here for a long time...

I don't miss the Pre-AGD days one bit.

DarkRipper
07-26-2002, 06:14 PM
I remember the site, but I wasn't a member till AGD bought the place.

DR

mykroft
07-26-2002, 07:00 PM
I remember the old site.

virus
07-26-2002, 07:12 PM
if i remember right i showed up a few months after andy disappeared and Flamebo started runnin things most of the time

ReTroMagBoy
07-26-2002, 07:25 PM
i think i remember you virus. i was really just seeing if some of the real old members were still here, like shaftski, chaos, etc.

guess not, but still good to see some familiar names!

Army
07-26-2002, 08:05 PM
I was there in the Andy days! Flamebo was all set to make me a Mod, but then the server problems started, then Tom bought it (for a few Emags and other stuff, if I remember correctly. Paintballers are so cheap:D), then more server problems, then DelawareNet saved the day, then the dedicated chat room, then Tom gave all the Mods free........

speedballbanks
07-26-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Army
I was there in the Andy days! Flamebo was all set to make me a Mod, but then the server problems started, then Tom bought it (for a few Emags and other stuff, if I remember correctly. Paintballers are so cheap:D), then more server problems, then DelawareNet saved the day, then the dedicated chat room, then Tom gave all the Mods free........

............... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah tell us tell us!!!!!!

DaFlip
07-26-2002, 08:56 PM
Free hugs and kisses? awwwww....(if you want to call it that;))

DaFlip

Miscue
07-26-2002, 09:02 PM
Autographed Speedo Pics of himself... They're on my wall.

ah137
07-26-2002, 10:02 PM
I am here all the time but I hardly ever post.

Knowledge is power
Power is wealth
Wealth = good times with the ladies

HILLS

MajorDamage
07-26-2002, 10:06 PM
I registered on the old site :), Ni_cD told me about it, so I signed up ;). I think my name was MagorDamage tho lol. Then I didnt re-register on the AGD one until December

ENDO!

Load SM5
07-28-2002, 05:05 PM
I was out of town for a few days so I missed this one.

I was around back then and remember when Flambo and Andy sold the site. It was for 2 of the first e-mags. I can't believe it's been so long, but the site definately picked up after AGD bought it.

Oh, and "Sup!":D

cphilip
07-28-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
Autographed Speedo Pics of himself... They're on my wall.

Huh...in mine he is fully nude...whats up with that? Any of you guys wanna trade? :D

Army
07-28-2002, 06:51 PM
Nude? Dang, all I got were the wet white cotton Speedo's in the surf pics. He said they were in Tahiti, but I think is looks like Jamaica, he's so shallow.....

Jason Reed
07-28-2002, 08:58 PM
I was registered on the old site also, but when the conversion came my registration got erased. well anyway i am from the old days.

WickeDKlowN
07-28-2002, 10:46 PM
i surfed around a little back on the old site, but i never posted. but then i got out of paintball for a while, and finally came back after AGD bought it

tranman
07-28-2002, 11:14 PM
I've been here for a long while, i was here before the big crash, but my account got deleted or something.

daveymag
07-28-2002, 11:44 PM
ahhh, the good ole days. I do kinda miss them. Retromag Boy, Scorch, Andy, Flamebo, Army, Krusty, yea. Oh well, with time comes change I suppose.

barretc
07-29-2002, 01:17 AM
ive seen it grow....die .....and grow....woohoo! up to AGD and automags.org? or com? hehe....well i guess they decided on .org. ok im done

barretc
07-29-2002, 01:18 AM
and just for the note...iw as here before january 2001...my account got deleted and i had to reregister

battlegroup
07-29-2002, 07:45 AM
I registered Ocober of 2000. I haven't been around much because of the Navy. Don't always have a good internet connection out at sea! I do remember the old days of the forum though. I would get on a lot back then. I have just recently gotten back on and have checked the site almost daily for a few months.
I have had the same classic mag since '96, and placed my order last month for a C&C Extreme. You'll see me around here alot in the future.:D

DarkRipper
07-29-2002, 08:25 AM
Shaftski used to post here? He's an angel man.

DR

ReTroMagBoy
07-29-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by DarkRipper
Shaftski used to post here? He's an angel man.

DR

yep waaaaay back in the early days of the OLD site lol, he was a dedicated 'magger. He was really helpful and a nice guy :( , too bad hes not around these days.

DarkRipper
07-29-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by ReTroMagBoy

yep waaaaay back in the early days of the OLD site lol, he was a dedicated 'magger. He was really helpful and a nice guy :( , too bad hes not around these days.

He was on my team at World Cup 2k, he's a good frontman. He's big into warpfeeds now, but uses angels.

I only see him on AIM now, rarely on forums.

DR

'Mag
07-29-2002, 10:31 AM
I've bee around since the pre-AGD days. I kinda liked the site back then. Now I'm sure that info given here is much more reliable, but back then you could get a much more unbiased opinion about aftermarket parts (cause some of them actually are pretty cool).