PDA

View Full Version : Will the E-Mag ever go LCD?

CRog075
07-26-2002, 03:05 PM
I would liek to see it go LCD instead of the LED it has now. LCD IMO is easier to read and coolor looking. But I could care less though, just my opinion and wondering if you guys think it will go LCD or if it should go LCD.

DaFlip
07-26-2002, 03:13 PM
Why should they? Why should they have the LCD or even a LED? Costs more and not really needed. Only one good thing comes with a grip display, the game timer. Please we don't GPS and Email on Emags, too Angelic.

DaFlip

Paintballer86
07-26-2002, 03:16 PM
Also, I beleve WDP Owns the patinet for an LCD screen on a paintball marker.

CRog075
07-26-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Paintballer86
Also, I beleve WDP Owns the patinet for an LCD screen on a paintball marker.

Oh that sucks.

keiphers
07-26-2002, 04:39 PM
Are you sure about that one? The Black Dragun has an LCD, and its really cheap. The Bushmaster has an LCD. Even if WDP owns that patent (I'm not even sure if that can be a patent), its not expensive to use one under permission (Black Dragun is example). I think they'res just no need, because the LED works fine. I do like LCD screens better tho. It wouldn't be hard to retrofit a Emag with one also. If the LED has some problems, then they can make an LCD. I'd rather see a new Z-Grip and some other stuff first.

Miscue
07-26-2002, 04:51 PM
An LCD functionally doesn't do anything helpful.

Turn it on and start shooting, end of story.

HoppysMag
07-26-2002, 05:22 PM
WDP cant have the patent on an LCD screen....i dont think they can patent it unless it uses something special... cause all an LCD does is show info u tell it so a person can get the patent for that but not for an lcd in a paintball gun... they could patent like a special connector or mounting bracket or some thing but not the lcd...i donno im lost here, if im wrong please tell me..i think LCD is just easyer to read, its more convienent.

nutz
07-26-2002, 05:32 PM
WDP does not have a patent on the LCD, if they did then why is there an LCD Matrix and black dragun, i think timmys and bushys have lcds also

DiRTyBuNNy
07-26-2002, 06:10 PM
Actually..WDP DOES have a patent on the LCD..and they've told a few of the manufacturers of markers with LCD...either license the LCD from us...or face the wrath of our lawyers...look it up..I did...really interesting..

HoppysMag
07-27-2002, 01:28 PM
mabey they have a patent on putting it in a paintball gun but i dont think they have the patent for an LCD screen... i mean i know a few calculator companys that easily out profit WDP and are more likely to buy the LCD patent.

bigsarge72
07-27-2002, 03:55 PM
Personaly, I think that screens in general on a paintgun are silly, I mean, do most people actually look at the one in the handle while they are playing. The only one that is actually in a good spot is the Bushy, cause it's right on the back.
I would rather cut out the extra crap and make the gun more compact and lighter. Just the necessary parts to make it rip, please.

sarge

Mango
07-27-2002, 04:03 PM
After going from an E-mag, with LED. Then going with an IR3, with an LCD, I can honestly say that neither one is "easier" to use. I say this because, with the emag, it was:
A.)Pull battery pin out
B.)turn off saftey
C.)shoot.

With the IR3, I can leave the power switch on OR turn it off. But the procedure is:
A.)Turn power switch on
B.)Hold red button on for 2 seconds
C.)Shoot.

Functionally, with all the features the IR3 has, haveing an LCD makes it a little more streamlined. They could use an LED but it would be more confuseing. Granted, you dont need any of the features, but it has them. So who's the argue, its part of what makes an Angel and Angel I guess.

Just my view of things. I will say this: I wish I never sold my E-mag :mad: :D But I still loves my IR3 too.

MrAirgunRT
07-27-2002, 05:29 PM
Also, Paintballer86, just think of all the things AGD has patented in paintball. :)

thei3ug
07-27-2002, 08:02 PM
Two Words: Prior Art.

They can take it to court, but unless it's the placement of the LCD they're trying to sue over, they'll have a hard time of it.

magsRus
07-27-2002, 10:06 PM
WAIT EMAGS DONT HAVE LCD'S?????????????????

J/P

DiRTyBuNNy
07-27-2002, 10:15 PM
No..EMags do not have LCD's (Liquid Crystal Displays)...they have LED's (Light Emitting Diodes)..smaller and cheaper...and while less viewable in direct sunlight, but because of the fact that they Emag board does not support all the extra features that the angel board does (at least at this point in time) there would be no reason for the Emag to have an LCD..

Now if only I could find a company that makes a blue LED..woot woot! I'd be in business!!

MagDog68
07-28-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by CRog075
I would liek to see it go LCD instead of the LED it has now. LCD IMO is easier to read and coolor looking. But I could care less though, just my opinion and wondering if you guys think it will go LCD or if it should go LCD.

AGD once commented on WDP's rights to the LCD grip display, but that hasn't stopped countless companies from using them. However, I don't think it is all that necessary for the EMAG to have an LCD.

And yes, the Game timer is VERY useful!

~Fred

P4ULuk
07-28-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy

Now if only I could find a company that makes a blue LED..woot woot! I'd be in business!!

Blue sure would look sweet on my Extreme!!!

Paul.

HoppysMag
07-28-2002, 03:27 PM
a guy i know has a blue LED in hid bushy... he just installed it...

Top Secret
07-28-2002, 07:18 PM
I think he means a Blue Emag LED screen, of which there are none at the present time.

HoppysMag
07-28-2002, 07:24 PM
oooohhhh....:eek:

evilguin
07-28-2002, 07:54 PM
the only worthwhile lcd is the one on my bushy, its simple, and it shows the game time right in your face. its a good design. i think the emag is good with an led but blue would be a much better color choice

Evil Emperor
07-28-2002, 10:13 PM
The thing is do they need it? Well yes and no. Mags have been known for markers that work and work very well. Angels have been known for cutting edge technology, pushing the envelope. Yeah the LEDs could be a diferant color and yes LCDs look nice. But in the end for me anyways all i need is a marker that puts paint where I want it when I want it and in the amounts I want and not have to worry about it failing in any of those aspects. Tom and the gang has met those requiments. Nuff said.