PDA

View Full Version : Snappy?

Reo5th
07-27-2002, 12:20 AM
I've had my mag for about a month now - and have only upgraded the barrel. I bought it used and i still find the trigger to be very slow. People describe mags having a high rate of fire...I'm sure the sear has 'worn in' after the 1000 shots, but i'm still feeling a slow shot. I'm REALLY worried now after shooting my friends 2002 vert feed cocker tonight which was ripping off a good 7 or 8 balls per second.

its not that i'm bad with my 68's trigger, its just very stiff and was wondering what i could do to fix it. Is it the valve? can i fix this by getting the intelliframe? (I wouldn't think so because the sear will still be pushing the trigger back in the same fashion.)

Anyway, i love my mag, but it kinda scares me to think that people like my friend can nearly double my firing rate during a game. (i was getting much better rates with my spyder clone!)

Any suggestions would be great. thanks.

Telefragged
07-27-2002, 12:23 AM
The sear and seals won't completely break in until after a case or so. Even if your trigger pull was fine and you were looking at an Intelliframe I'd tell you to go for it. They've got a really short, crisp trigger pull, just about perfect. The double trigger has more leverage and is easier to pull faster for longer. Wire it up to your Revo and have a great reliable intellifeed!

SlipknotX556
07-27-2002, 12:26 AM
Same thing happened to me man. Just get the intelliframe and it will fix all your problems.

Arturus
07-27-2002, 12:29 AM
Is everything on the Mag stock? Nothing's been tinkered with by the previous user, such as adding on aftermarket parts?

You should be able to rather easily keep up with the cocker in terms of ROF. He shouldn't be 'doubling' your rate of fire. If bought used and you put in half a case, the sears should be 'worn in'.

freek133
07-27-2002, 12:38 AM
or you could get a retro valve and completely blow your freinds gun out of the water;)

puckmaster
07-27-2002, 12:43 AM
Retro Will make it a Great trigger pull.

Arturus
07-27-2002, 12:53 AM
The retro-valve would definately be a fix.

The Retro-Valve combined with the intelliframe, you'll blow away most of the competition once you find the sweet spot for it. Only down side may be that some can never get a real feel for the reactive trigger and dislike it.

but eh.. didn't you just buy the Mag? Which means you might be tight on money. Try to break it in first (assuming it isn't yet) and if it still doesn't help, return to the forum.

Reo5th
07-27-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Arturus
Is everything on the Mag stock? Nothing's been tinkered with by the previous user, such as adding on aftermarket parts?

You should be able to rather easily keep up with the cocker in terms of ROF. He shouldn't be 'doubling' your rate of fire. If bought used and you put in half a case, the sears should be 'worn in'.

Thats exactly what worries me. Yes, the gun is stock - (as far as I know.) I'll try putting a case through it and see what happens. Also - Any preference on the intelliframe? Blade vs. groove?

shartley
07-27-2002, 08:24 AM
You will find people like both. I have the grove and it is fantastic. I have heard others with the blade and they don’t like it as much. Then I have heard the total opposite. LOL It is a personal thing.

As with everything else, it is best to try to get your hands on both and seeing how YOU like it. I know that is not much help, but it is HONEST. ;)

MrAirgunRT
07-27-2002, 12:45 PM
I have an RT, with intelliframe on it. I got the groove trigger intelliframe, it is a matter of personal preference. But it is probably that you just can't shoot your gun, your not really used to it yet after only a 1000 shots.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-27-2002, 12:55 PM
Well..if you really think that something is wrong with the marker i'd arrange to have it sent to AGD for a checkup...as for ReTro and Intelli...it's like butter...i used to have a setup like that..it scared some people at my field...they didn't think a mag could shoot that fast...