PDA

View Full Version : To warp??

SlipknotX556
07-27-2002, 12:22 AM
To warp or not warp that is the question. I have a Center feed emag, love it, but I play hyperball and some rec ball, whenever I pull on the right side I have my hopper sticking out of the right side and its also above the bunker, I ethier get hit in the hopper or the chest. I like being a front man, need to be tight in my bunker. I have had a warp on my classic before and we didnt get along very well. I have a birthday coming up and plan on getting a 4500 flateline and such, want to know if I should get the warp, I will of course get a warp left body.

Need help, Thanks

Jonno06
07-27-2002, 05:18 AM
yes,get a warp,now go to sleep!

bigsarge72
07-27-2002, 06:30 AM
Warp feeds are cool, but there are some things to take into account if you are a front guy, such as:
1)It does lower your profile, but it also adds a little more weight.
2)Will it get in the way when you are crawling along on your belly and you are practically sliding your gun along in front of you.
3)Same considerations for sliding/diving into/over bunkers

For rate of fire, I would go with a Halo B, but that is my personal opinion.

Just some thoughts,

pito189
07-27-2002, 12:10 PM
I play front and use a warp. The only problem that I have is when diving in, the gun takes some hard hits sometimes. Other than that.

-Not heavy at all.
-Feed rate at any angle. Tip completely on its side shooting through that crack in the bunker is a big plus.
-After that long run to the front you don't have to worry about there not being any paint ready to shoot because it bounced back up into your hopper.

Anyways I love the warp. Can't believe I played without one.

personman
07-27-2002, 12:24 PM
I'm suffering from mine right now.
I love the hell out of it but its really adding wieght.. really this wouldnt apply to anyone but me, but you know.. be ready for like 1-2 extra pounds if your gonna get one..
But It does its job and ever sence I got It I havent chopped.. well maby 1 or 2 times.. (got it april 25th)

SlipknotX556
07-27-2002, 02:37 PM
For the weight of my gun I am getting a ULE body rail and that will take away alot of weight.

pito189
07-27-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
For the weight of my gun I am getting a ULE body rail and that will take away alot of weight.

Where are you going to get one of those ULE rails at? How much lighter are they than the stock rail?

Troy
07-28-2002, 12:20 AM
The warp is awesome, it just takes some time to get used to. I play front and have missed my regular feed at times but any disadvantages the warp has are small compared to the disadvantages of playing with the hopper only. The warp rocks snake bunkers... Give it a shot you get comfortable with it.

SlipknotX556
07-28-2002, 03:23 PM
For the ULE body rail and im waiting for don from mpp to tell me when he gets them back in stock.

CFD323
08-02-2002, 01:22 PM
Hey Slipknot, what's a ULE rail ? Obviously some sort of cut down lightened body rail right ? Is it aluminum or steel ? How do I get in touch with the guy who's selling them ? How much do they cost ? Do you have any pics of one ?

Will Wood
08-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Ultra-Light Electronic. MAde out of Alum. Lighter..It's chrome..Looks neat. Don from Modifiedpaintball.com does them. Donggie on these forums. Check in the dealers forums.

magman007
08-02-2002, 02:20 PM
ok, first off, the "ULE" body rail, is the body rail that agd sells on the colored e-mags. Don at modified can get them raw and un annodised because he is a dealer. Then if your nice to don, he will polish it up all nice and chrome looking. You then have toe option to annodize it or keep it as is.

For the warp issue...ANd for a front man... What i reccomend is cut down the centerfeed, install your lvl10, and ask for a halo. make your self a "yo" ris like the AGD lions did. just take a hacksaw to your feed tube. This is what i serriously reccomend. I helt the No rise on my tour, and it was hot, serriously, get a halo b, and do the "YO" rise. it works. It is lighter, it is even more compact, and with my experience with warps (ask roman from AGD) i get hit in the hopper still!

SlipknotX556
08-02-2002, 05:16 PM
The ULE body rails are not in stock with don. Don has to wait to get them from AGD. Please dont ask him when or if he has them, when I get an email saying he has them I will tell all of you. AS for the "No rise" body, I am gonna ask AGD if I can send in my body for them to have cut down, because I dont want to do it myself (Ill mess it up) I will probably do the "No rise" But I will try my brothers warped retro and see if I really like the warp while playing front. Also my lvl 10 kit is installed and all tuned. All I need to complete my package is the no rise body, then wait for the extreme upgrade, then for my B day I will ask for retro and I frame and other stuff to trick out my backup. O yhea I also gotta get a 4500 flateline to :p

RTMAGBOY13
08-02-2002, 08:28 PM
where is the cheapest place to get a warp feed????

SlipknotX556
08-02-2002, 10:00 PM
Well www.paintballonline.com has them for 109, add 10 dollars for colors. Don at www.modifiedpaintball.com also has them cheap.

paintbattler
08-02-2002, 10:20 PM
yeah. get a warp. it will do wonders for you

K-villeplayer
08-03-2002, 08:29 AM
On the paintballonline site, it says 2 plugs, no adapter. What does that mean. Is it just the warp and warp hose or what? I was looking into buying one and wanted to know what I was getting before I bought it.

Will Wood
08-03-2002, 10:35 AM
IT has the long PF plug, not a 90* adapter. So you would run it thru under the gun and onto where the short pf plug goes....That's what I have on my gun now.