PDA

View Full Version : AA Armageddon or SP Max-Flow

Telefragged
07-27-2002, 12:55 AM
Well, since I can't buy a 68/3K Flatline anymore... I've gotta move on to different tanks. Having a reputation of being "the best" and both being within a couple bucks of eachother I decided to ask the opinion of AO.

I know Air America regulators are based off the AGD AIR regulator and have a reputation of being quality, high-performing, reliable regulators. I've heard Air America has good customer service and tech too. I like the 2pc design of the Armageddon as well as how it looks and its mounting arrangement. I like the idea of having a reliable tank as well as a good company to back it. Any ideas of thebest places to get them? The Air America store has them for $389

Now I've heard that Max-Flows are supposedly "The Best". Highest flowing, most consistent, etc. tanks on the market. But I've also heard of some problems with them as well as trashy service from Smart Parts. I've never dealt with Smart Parts products before so I don't really know much about them, any helpful info you could give, as well as where to buy would be cool.

mrhooie
07-27-2002, 01:10 AM
why not a 68/4500psi flatline
??

Arturus
07-27-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by mrhooie
why not a 68/4500psi flatline
??

I've heard they're difficult to find in the open market... or that they've been put on hold by AGD.

One of the above. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Both the Max-Flo and AA Armageddon are great systems. A year ago I was trying to decide from the two and went with the AA - though I don't remember exactly why.

:rolleyes:

Since I can't give you an answer, didn't vote.

Telefragged
07-27-2002, 01:45 AM
I'm leaning towards the Armageddon, simply because it would appear as though Air America has better service and more reliable systems. The Max-Flow regulator looks a little to large, and although I'm still open to suggestions, AA might be the way to go. Keep 'em coming.

nutz
07-27-2002, 02:00 AM
the geddon wont let you down, but neither will the maxflo... lol either is a good tank, u should probly just get the one u can find cheapest...

both are good

halo13
07-27-2002, 11:55 AM
I've had an old old school AA apoc. for a really long time now, its great. Durable, and consistant. I would go with Air America because of their customer support. They are really nice people, I go to their factory a lot to get my tank filled and to get my chat on. Something interesting always happens when I go down there. I talked with a guy who might take over their annodizing, and I saw a plane engine catch fire as I was driving home!

In conclusion: Air America!

DiRTyBuNNy
07-27-2002, 12:32 PM
I had a MaxFlo..nice tank...light...flow was ok..so far as i noticed...maintenance isn't anymore than any other tank...you just can't be afraid to pull it apart and grease the hell out of it though...

Telefragged
07-27-2002, 03:31 PM
So right now its pretty much either or eh? I think I might go with the Armageddon because of Air America's great reputation for quality and performance... rather than Smart Parts shady service...

alkafluence
07-27-2002, 03:47 PM
Get the 'geddon.

I have both an Apocalypse and an Armageddon. AA's service is great!!! They will rebuild your reg for free any time you want, if you stop by or send it in.

Really quick turn around on regs for repair etc... and if you call their customer support on the phone, they are very helpful.

Furthermore, they will also upgrade an 3k reg you have (provided it's an AA reg) to 4.5k for $25 and relaser it to show that it's a 4.5k for another $25. However, be prepared to wait on the relasering because they have to send it out to get it done and it takes awhile.

Telefragged
07-27-2002, 07:55 PM
Amageddon it is, I'm gonna order it whe I get home. Think it'll be alright to use with no drop on my RT Pro? The Mag is nice and compact already, or maybe I'll use the CenterFlag drop that's already on one of my othe guns.

I'm gonna get one of the toolboxes from Air America's store for $4 extra when I order my tank. Thanks for the help AO, its appreciated.

mykroft
07-27-2002, 08:11 PM
The Flo. SP's service is superb, as long as you call them, don't email, call. The Flo is lighter, more consistent, and can be serviced with air in the system.

Telefragged
07-27-2002, 09:48 PM
Well, I was waiting for you to say to go with the Max-Flow Mykroft, as I've seen you do it before. I've already ordered my Armageddon however. I like the smaller profile of the Armageddon regulator, and the 2 piece design of the tank. I've heard Air America's service is better, and their systems are more reliable. I like Air America's lifetime warranty as well.

Thanks to everyone who helped though, I hope I made the right decision in the long run.

alkafluence
07-29-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Telefragged
Amageddon it is, I'm gonna order it whe I get home. Think it'll be alright to use with no drop on my RT Pro? The Mag is nice and compact already, or maybe I'll use the CenterFlag drop that's already on one of my othe guns.

The 'geddon and the Apoc use the same "slide-rail" mounting system. On my Minimag I have a "severe" drop forward and the gun balances evenly forward and backward (maybe even just a tad front heavy).

I'm in the process of trying both of them on a Shocktech "stubby" drop forward (real short/no drop forward) just to see how it balances.

FTR- Shocktech makes 3 different lengths of their drops, so you might want to find a place that carries all 3 and mount it each way just to get a feel for each. But their dove tail/"slide rail" mounts work great for 'geddon's and Apocalypse systems.