PDA

View Full Version : Help me: Big Leak!!

surfer349
07-27-2002, 07:10 AM
hey,

Ive just got a minimag with the vertical asa setup. I havent yet put on a foregrip and bottomline, so anyways, today I was messin around with it, and when i went to screw in my nitro tank, i got about half away screwed in and it started blowing air everywhere around the asa. it also felt like it was coming out of the trigger frame too. Now i have a 68k/3000 crossfire and another 68/3000 tank and they both did the same thing. But what is wierd now is that when i put on a 20oz. CO2, there wasnt the slightest of leak at all!
So what does this mean; are my nitro's shot?

Also, is it normal for the psi in nitros to drop down 1000+ psi while in storage? I got them filled up a while ago, and then I hadnt touched em until yesterday and all of their gauges said that they had less than 2000 psi.........so whats the problem?

Omicron
07-27-2002, 08:53 AM
Check the o-rings on the tanks that leaked, you also might not be screwing them in all the way. There's also a possibility that the pin on the tank is the wrong length and its spewing air before it seals right (or the ASA pin is too long).

Your tanks shouldn't be 1000psi less than what it was before, check for leaks.

a_malfunction
07-27-2002, 10:18 AM
Compressed air tanks will lose pressure after they are filled. When they are filled they heat up, and as they cool, they lose a few hundred psi. 1000 seems to be a bit too large of a drop. Maybe something is wrong with them.