PDA

View Full Version : questions about fiber wrapped tanks...please help me out!

mellofello
07-27-2002, 09:40 AM
I just got an Air America Armageddon (i think... :( anyone know how to tell? im not very familiar with AA products...)and the previous owner had stickers all over it. so i took the stickers off cause they were ugly and were starting to peel/ fade anyway. Now im left with some god-awful stickermarks. What solvents can i use on the tank withought hurting the material? Anyone know a good trick for getting the sticker gunk off?

Second, im wondering how much this tank is worth. It has the number "97" on the white stripe in the middle of the tank, then in the gold box above the stripe, it has a re-test date of 7-00. how many more times can i get it hydro'd? is it worthless after the second hydro runs out?

thanks a lot guys!

TransMan
07-27-2002, 10:12 AM
Well i used mineral spirits to get sticker glue off of stuff but im not sure if that will hurt the tank or not. I think you can get it rehydroed until its 15 years old or summin like that.

Oh by the way do you like the barrel and fore grip?

mrhooie
07-27-2002, 10:19 AM
WD-40 takes stickers off great, as does a product called Gunk (don't know if you have that in the US)

mellofello
07-27-2002, 10:22 AM
thanks a lot. im still wondering how much this tank is worth though. its a 114 AA Armageddon manufactured in '97.

Transman- ya the foregrip an barrel are in great condition! my gun is now up and running. thanks for a great trade.

mellofello
07-27-2002, 10:30 AM
Well guys i was cleaning up the reg and doing all that fun stuff, and as it turns out the regulator says this: National Paintball Supply Unireg Raptor By Air America weapons systems.

so i guess its a raptor then???

also will WD-40 hurt the material of the tank?

mrhooie
07-27-2002, 10:32 AM
no, wd-40 is a-ok

halo13
07-27-2002, 11:34 AM
why not go to airamerica.com to see what kind of reg you have on the tank?

personman
07-27-2002, 12:01 PM
There is this stuff called goo gone that I used to get my AGD sticker off my hopper because it was fading...
The stuff works well, only It leaves a refeshing and annoying orange scent behind. :D
I'm not sure if it would hurt the tank or not..

halo13
07-27-2002, 12:11 PM
good old soap and water will work just as well as those chemical products. Just use a sponge and some elbow grease and you'll be fine.