PDA

View Full Version : Here's Another Paintball Incident People

kevdupuis
07-27-2002, 10:11 AM
I just pulled this from my local paper. This is a good heads up on the types of charges that the misuse of paintball markers can carry in Canada.

PAINTBALLS CARRY CHARGES

MADOC- Two males have been charged after one vehicle pulled up behind another and fired paintballs at it in Madoc.
The following vehicle then tailed the other one before pulling alongside and discharging more paintball pellets, said Madoc OPP. The incident occurred around noon Friday.
No one was injured, police said.
Charged with pointing a firearm, possessing a firearm dangerous to the public and intent to cause bodily harm are Christopher Rose, 19, and Mark Boyle, 18, both of Madoc, OPP said.
They are scheduled to appear in a Belleville court in September.

AllAmericanMag
07-27-2002, 10:15 AM
I just hate stupid people.

LawFox32
07-27-2002, 12:47 PM
I agree

Ratfinder
07-27-2002, 01:06 PM
how dumb can you be?!?

K-villeplayer
07-27-2002, 01:17 PM
That is pretty stupid. Glad that they are being charged with all of that so that it will hopefully set an example for the rest of the kids in Canada and the U.S. (if anyone in America reads a Canadian newspaper)

omni
07-27-2002, 04:10 PM
Well due to the gun laws in Canada, once you use and object that can fire a projectile for a use its not intended, aka to cause harm or vandalize stuff, it falls under the firearms act (I believe), which is really bad for them and I hope its shows people how dumb of a risk it is to pull crap like this.

Try being 18/19 and have a firearms offence/intent to cause harm with a firearm on your record. Can anyone say limited to what you're doing for the rest of your life.

Sooky
07-27-2002, 09:01 PM
I have some idiot friends who often joke about shooting cars/street signs with their markers... :o

I should probably tell them about this. ;)

Sooky
07-27-2002, 09:03 PM
Oh, and please post if you find out what the ruling is. :D

kevdupuis
07-27-2002, 11:31 PM
My wife and I will be following this and will keep posted what information we get.

MagmanLee
07-28-2002, 12:43 AM
LOL what JACKASSES!!! HAHAHA! Of all the simple minded ppl in the world some had to be paintballers...man ok srry, anywyas this looks pretty bad for our sport. Jeez ppl just don't think before they act anymore. This is the kinda stuff that makes ppl look at us as gun totting idiots.

SIGSays
07-28-2002, 09:33 AM
they make us look bad.... thpeople with that stupidity should be shot lol

Mav D MagMan
07-28-2002, 11:34 AM
Just curious as to why many of you are referring to them as painballers? Does it say or was it released that they were avid players? Or did they just pick up a Semi at Wal Mart and go nuts.

Just the other day two guys in street clothes came into my favorite shop around four in the afternoon, these guys weren't even sure what to call the things. But they read a sign and asked to rent some guns.

The boss replied that "they didn't have any ready, check back in the morning" so they left. I looked behind the counter and he had about 10 nice clean Compacts ready to go, the reason he didn't hand them over?

I didn't like the look of 'em and neither did he. I'm almost 99% sure they would be going to street sign target practice or even something as bad as this act, people on the street target practice.

Either way it's bad and we can't get blamed for it as long as we don't do it, and work to prevent it ourselves.
Mav

Snewk
07-28-2002, 11:54 AM
Idiots, anyone that is 18 or 20 years of age should have enough common sense to say "hey, I could get in major trouble for this!" before shooting at another car from their own vehicle with a paintball marker. I hope they get one of those judges that is really creative with their sentences.

Me
07-28-2002, 12:05 PM
lol.
we were following some people to mcdonalds after a day of paintball, and one of the players in the car infront of us thought it would be funny to unload paintballs on the front of our car...well, they did. we all had a good laugh. just then a cop threw on its lights and went zoooming twords us. false alarm, he kept going, still scary though

Tron
07-28-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Snewk
I hope they get one of those judges that is really
creative with their sentences.

Should lite them up with hot guns. Give them goggles though.

-Tron

lillfroboy
07-28-2002, 06:07 PM
Back when i first started playing paintball like 4 years ago when i had the talon from wally world me and my friends went out into the city and played hide and go seek with our cars (we had like a section of the city where we could hide and you stay there for like ten or fifteen minutes or so then you come out of hiding and try to head for base)but any way we had eggs paintballs paintgrenades we would throw at each others cars as the person who was it drives by (it was more like hide and go seek tag) but any way one night my friend john was it and i was hiding behind food max in the dark corner (you cant even see the wall from 5 feet away) as he drove by i shot his car up with my talon and the cops across the street (i didnt even see them) have been watching me for the last 15 mins and they arrested me but jonh bailed me out before they took my to the station saying we were playing hide and go seek but i still had to pay a $500 fine for trespassing, out past curfew and haveing and opend bottle of alchol being a minor. but anyway i still miss playing but i regret even starting because now i dont have a car any more

StuDawggie
07-28-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Tron
Should lite them up with hot guns. Give them goggles though.

Goggles? yes.
Cup? no.
"READY... AIM... FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!":D :D :D

joeyjoe367
07-29-2002, 12:18 AM
Idiots, anyone that is 18 or 20 years of age should have enough common sense to say "hey, I could get in major trouble for this!"

Yeah, you'd think so, but after hanging around on this little blue ball for about 18 years, you find out that people don't.

People are Stupid. <--- My Motto.

alkafluence
07-29-2002, 09:09 AM
Idiots, anyone that is 18 or 20 years of age should have enough common sense to say "hey, I could get in major trouble for this!" before shooting at another car from their own vehicle with a paintball marker. I hope they get one of those judges that is really creative with their sentences.

Were they too ignorant to realize that maybe the car they were driving has a license plate too, and that the license plate on their car, might give them away?

Complete IGNORANCE on their part. Bad PR for this great sport, and a bad situation in general.