PDA

View Full Version : gun choice

zach rumchak
07-27-2002, 11:30 AM
ok im mostly a front man and i want a new gun dont have 2 be incredibly fast but kinda small i am thinkin an automag any thing better?

manike
07-27-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by zach rumchak
ok im mostly a front man and i want a new gun dont have 2 be incredibly fast but kinda small i am thinkin an automag any thing better?

C&C extreme automag :) Small, accurate, light, (not quite as light as automag due to battery but closeish), oh and fast :)

It all depends on your wallet... an automag with level 10 is a very good start. Best to get a retro valve if possible. The RT pro is a great manual gun to start with and can be upgraded to any of the electronic versions later...

manike

shartley
07-27-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by manike

C&C extreme automag :) Small, accurate, light, (not quite as light as automag due to battery but closeish), oh and fast :)

It all depends on your wallet... an automag with level 10 is a very good start. Best to get a retro valve if possible. The RT pro is a great manual gun to start with and can be upgraded to any of the electronic versions later...

manike
I agree. Your budget will help dictate what you should get to a degree (actually a big degree for most people). As long as it has a retro valve it is where you need to start.... RT Pro will still give you ROFs that will astonish most Electro Owners and outshoot many of them (depending on your abilities and theirs).

But whatever you get, make sure you get a motorized hopper. That is a MUST. Which one is all up to you. And a motorized hopper AND Warp Feed would be the next step.

Level 10 is also a good idea. But I will toss this out to you... if you decide on an RT Pro, you can actually hold off on the Level 10 if your budget is tight. It is a great upgrade, but most of us RT Pro users don't have the chopping issues to worry about. Again, this is not saying it is not a good investment (because it will be), but it would not be the first thing on my list.

magsRus
07-27-2002, 01:38 PM
Get a nice mag with an intelliframe or a hyperframe...the defiant and bushmaster are both very compact fast electronic guns

irbodden
07-27-2002, 02:24 PM
The Impulse is fairly small, but with some upgrades you will be flying on the trigger. A nice barrel and a Eclipse blade trigger and your in bussiness man. :D

Bushmasters are also very nice for the cash..

SlipknotX556
07-27-2002, 02:41 PM
RT Pro with a blade trigger on the intelliframe. Also lvl 10, a 12v x board revvy, a nice nitro. RT Pros only run on Nitro.

personman
07-27-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by manike

C&C extreme automag
Thats e-mag to you. :p
I would say go for the AM Classic if you have the money. If you have more than that shoot for the RT pro.

zach rumchak
08-08-2002, 10:35 PM
IVE REALLY BEEN THINKIN OF A DEFIANT OR AN RT PRO I CAN SPEND 600 TOPS

BajaBoy
08-08-2002, 10:51 PM
if u have n2 already and can spend 600 on a gun.. get either a used emag.. or rtp.. then lvl10 if u can bc it help knowing that u dont have 2 worry about shortstroking when someone is 10feet away shooting at u when your in a small bunker:p

SlipknotX556
08-08-2002, 10:51 PM
Id say go with an RT Pro. You get the intelliframe on it, so all you really gonna need is a Nitro tank and a motorized hopper.

kutter
08-09-2002, 02:03 PM
OK, I am going to be the voice of dissent. Personally I prefer the Micromag, especially when it has a ReTro valve and an I-Frame. Its small, light, and it takes cocker barrels which are easier to find and cheaper than 'Mag barrels, and before you go off about the whole ease of removing a 'Mag barrel, with level 10 you do not have to remove it, so its a mute point.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

But try some before is what I would really suggest, you never know, for you a chopped down Model 98 may be best.

magsRus
08-09-2002, 03:33 PM
Get the defiant its just as good as the emag but cheaper lighter and more compact

Jack & Coke
08-09-2002, 04:30 PM
:confused: :rolleyes:

shartley
08-09-2002, 04:34 PM
LOL ( I take it some people don't understand about how to CRONO properly. ;) )

covadsucks
08-09-2002, 04:48 PM
The first shot is lower? How long do you stay tucked into your bunker?

shartley
08-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Okay, I understand that.. but unless you shoot VERY slow, your first and second and third will be pretty darn close together. ;) So, you should not see a HUGE difference in your bursts. The timing is so close...

zach rumchak
08-10-2002, 09:45 PM
ok guys i greatly appriciate the help but i found a deal on an r/t pro with 2 barrels $375 and ive decideed 2 guy it
lateri wanna add a intelliframe or z-grip and a warp

masonekramer
08-11-2002, 12:16 PM
I thought all automags took cocker barrels? :confused:

EnderWigginPballin
08-11-2002, 12:43 PM
I'm gonna get yelled at for this.....

But if I was you........ I'd get a Stock Vertical Feed Cocker AND a Freak barrel.
accuracy from the Freak, and stability from the gun itself
the point of that is....... don't buy a gun unless you get to shoot one first.

I really am not a fan of my Minimag's trigger, and I hadn't actually played a game with a Mag before I bought it, I can shoot a stock cocker faster, and I just like a slider.