PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10 won't fire

marley618
07-27-2002, 05:49 PM
I'm trying to install my lvl 10 and I can't get it to work at all. I have the longest spring, 1.5 carrier, and 2 shims, and my input pressure is 900. When i pull the trigger the gun doesn't shoot. I turned the velocity up untill it leaked out of the back of the valve, and it still woulndt fire. Any sugestions?

PS: I did do a search and only came up with "turn the velocity up" which doesn't work for me.

LittMag
07-27-2002, 05:51 PM
shorter spring

marley618
07-27-2002, 06:00 PM
Is that the only way to fix it? I would prefer to use the long spring.

virus
07-27-2002, 07:19 PM
either a shorter spring or go 1 up on the carrier size... unless it was leakin with the next carrier up... then the only way would be a shorter spring....

unless you shoot the super fraigle paint brands... the middle spring will work just fine....

marley618
07-27-2002, 11:38 PM
Tried the next size carrier and it leaked heavily. So I went down the to medium spring and it's fine. I might try trimming the long spring a tiny bit to get it to work.

emile518
07-29-2002, 10:10 AM
What year was your mag made? Mine was made into 1993, so when I installed the level 10 I had a similar problem with the regulator piston venting at a low pressure. If you have an old reg piston you should change it. After getting the new piston on my almost 10 year old mag I can easily use the longest mainspring and get consistent velocity. Once you have a new reg piston you also get more velocity adjustment. The only problem is the longest mainspring makes the mag far less efficient. If you stay with the midddle you will save a lot of gas. I also find it IMPOSSIBLE for me to get a chop with the middle mainspring. I fired on 2-3 year old field paint held in the breech with tape approx. 250 times and no break, stopped the test because I got tired of trying to break that ball.