PDA

View Full Version : Kinda confused about something involving level 10...

paintballrulzs
07-27-2002, 07:33 PM
Alright well I have a level 10/hyperframe/classic valve setup and before i added level 10 the gun shot perfect. Well when i installed level 10 i could never get it to stop leaking out the back where the velocity was. My dad called agd tech and the guy said that i need a new piston. Why adding level 10 would cause me to need a new piston? I don't understand why that is because it worked fine without level 10 and with level 10 it has problems. I could get the gun to fire but it leaked. I don't want to spend money i don't have on a new piston.

TransMan
07-27-2002, 07:35 PM
You may be using too long of a spring try one of the shorter ones.

Lone Gunman
07-27-2002, 08:08 PM
Well, the reason you need to purchase a new piston is because it is too weak.

You see, with the stronger springs of the LVL 10, you need to jack you operating pressure up to push the bolt forward. And with the higher operating pressure, the system thinks it's shooting above 350 fps, so it automaticly vents.

I hope this helps.

paintballrulzs
07-27-2002, 08:14 PM
I am using the smallest spring

Cristobal
07-27-2002, 09:57 PM
Even with the smallest (stock) spring, the pressure may need to be turned up for lvl 10. I think Have Blue posted about a similar issue with venting problems on even the smallest spring. As I recall his mag was an older one and the fix was to get a new piston. I think the deal is that older mags may have had the venting pressure set lower than on the newer pistons, or that the springpack can get worn out.