PDA

View Full Version : Oh get a grip! Sheesh!

shartley
07-27-2002, 07:36 PM
These are not for sale, so this does not belong in Dealer's Forum.... But I wanted to share with you the pair of grips I am giving away at Adventure Games Paintball tomorrow.

They are actually a bit darker than shown here, but this was just a quick picture taken about 5 minutes ago off the back of my car. LOL And my car is officially GREEN! :D The blue flakes in the paint have more to say about it (along with the light) than what the paperwork does. HeeHee

irbodden
07-27-2002, 07:41 PM
Nice, do you have a template you mind sending me, for personal use.

Looks good :)

shartley
07-27-2002, 07:58 PM
Thank you. The template I used was standard 45 grips traced them on card stock, cut the blanks and went to work on them. So, actually you already have a template with you, and the rest is just up to your creativity.

I like this shape because it really makes the marker melt into your hand. They are comfortable, and even make the somewhat (for me) uncomfortable Spyder Frames feel nice. They also fit most sizes of hands. I tested with all my family (minus my 2 year old. LOL) and they all thought it felt great. I will be making some fancier ones (with cross hatching and ribbing on parts of it) with the same general shape, and want to make a pair for an E-Mag with the same basic shape (just slimmed down a whole lot).

I will try to take better pictures of the next pair though… in full sunlight. As I stated, these were taken tonight and the sun was about gone.

07-27-2002, 08:32 PM
Very Nice :)

pito189
07-27-2002, 11:40 PM
Do those big knurls in the wood feel good on your hand while holding them? It looks like they would be uncomfortable, or do they fit right into your palm?

Sir Chopsalot
07-28-2002, 01:02 AM
well, i think they're spiffy:)

shartley
07-28-2002, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by pito189
Do those big knurls in the wood feel good on your hand while holding them? It looks like they would be uncomfortable, or do they fit right into your palm?
Yes, they fit right into your palm. They LOOK bigger than they are. They are also curved at a place and size that forms to the natural curves of your hand while gripping the marker.

Like I stated before, I tested the shape and size quite a bit, and have had many people (even more than just my family) test the grips. Everyone always says the same thing.... they feel great. Stock grips just don't compare, not even close. (Well, except the Dye Stickies that come with the IntelliFrame... THOSE would be hard to beat.)

If you have not seen it before, here is a picture of two more sets I made. They have the same basic shape, and are actually slightly bulkier than the latest pair. And you will see that they would not be uncomfortable at all, or are too bulky at all.
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=385855

Jonno06
07-28-2002, 08:14 AM
those grips look hella sweet on ur wifes tl plus....

good job...

SIGSays
07-28-2002, 10:17 AM
i wish i could do that..... lol.. and shartley uses dye stickies.... *wink* *wink*, kind of wierd is you ask me...

Snewk
07-28-2002, 11:50 AM
Those look 'rustic' shartley. But they look good though, definetly better than those funky Smart Parts grips.

KHartley
07-28-2002, 05:33 PM
Jonno06-Thank you, I think so too! I love them. They are so comfortable. They fit perfectly :)

shartley
07-28-2002, 05:36 PM
Thank you guys. As for them looking rustic, that is just because of the lighting. Sorry about that. Like I said, it was dusk and the lighting very poor.

Here is another picture of the grips, and ON the marker of the winner of the grips. You will see that it is actually more classy than rustic. They also said how much nicer they made gripping the marker. Winners were Father and Son, Roger Saunders and Zack Brown of Merrimack, NH. I would like to say I had a fantastic time, and both the staff and customers were wonderful. Adventure Games may be “pricey” for some, but it is worth every dime….

shartley
07-28-2002, 05:40 PM
Oh…. And for some, they may like this picture. :D:D:D It was after my first game of the day. But the WORSE I ended up looking was later when both my mask and marker were COVERED in yellow paint because of the pounding my bunker was taking… LOL Sorry… I was more interested in cleaning up after that than having Kim take a picture. :D

BTAutoMag
07-29-2002, 12:19 AM
just to point out... you have a bit of paint on you:D

-Jôker-
07-29-2002, 12:41 AM
can we say HIT!!!! ;)

BTAutoMag
07-29-2002, 12:49 AM
i count 3.... one a little too close for confort

MagDog68
07-29-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by shartley
Oh get a grip! Sheesh!

LOL! Exactly why SHartley is in marketing - he knows how to get your attention.

~Fred

TheTramp
07-29-2002, 01:04 PM
I think they look great. I'm putting an intelliframe on my mag but I don't want to lose the SP wood grips on my standard frame. I've asked if the SP grips for 45 frames will fit properly on the intelli but no answer yet. Do you think you'll be bringing any of these grips to the NE AO meeting?

shartley
07-29-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I think they look great. I'm putting an intelliframe on my mag but I don't want to lose the SP wood grips on my standard frame. I've asked if the SP grips for 45 frames will fit properly on the intelli but no answer yet. Do you think you'll be bringing any of these grips to the NE AO meeting?
Actually, I have tried them on the IntelliFrame and they WILL fit…. BUT I don’t like how they feel. The IntelliFrame grip is a bit wider (from front to back) than most other 45s. I was thinking of making a special set just for the IFrame that are wider from front to back to better fit the actual frame (or shaped special), but was worried they would not feel as nice as the Dye Stickies. They would not have the front finger grooves, but be similar to the ones you see here…. Just custom for the IFrame.

I would be interested knowing if this would be worth my time or not. If so, I would most definitely try to get at least one pair ready for the NE AO Day.

Also, all of these will eventually be made in plastic (will reduce cost), and some even in Pewter (may be a year down the road), but the wood are super sweet IMHO.

TheTramp
07-29-2002, 01:30 PM
Well I for one, would be interested in a pair made for the intelli. There's nothing more classy than a nice pair of quality wood grips IMHO.