PDA

View Full Version : Short Stroking

Wittkid99
07-28-2002, 08:31 AM
Hello Everyone. Its been a while. I have a question about short stroking. I have a minimag with no internal changes except a double trigger job. Would that trigger job cause it to short stroke or is there another factor. Please let me know what you think. And is the Go Retro program from COPaintball.com a good idea to go RT.

Thanks Guys

oldsoldier
07-28-2002, 09:00 AM
If you just went from a 1x trigger to 2x, you may just need to get to feel the trigger. As far as the tolerances...what kind of trigger did you put on there? If it is an AGD trigger, you shouldnt have any probs at all.

Wittkid99
07-28-2002, 11:28 AM
the trigger job was done to it when i got it off of a friend of mine so im not sure if its an AGD trigger. I have the feel for the trigger and know how to shoot both single and double triggers. I do shoot fast when i get my rhythm but i think its the trigger. If it could be anything else please let me know.

oldsoldier
07-28-2002, 11:53 AM
Sounds like it is the trigger itself...or maybe you are outshooting the hopper?

Mav D MagMan
07-28-2002, 06:56 PM
By trigger job do you mean just the addition of a double trigger shoe? Or did somebody play with the length of the Sear rod?

Mav

athomas
07-29-2002, 08:10 AM
Check the clearance between the trigger and the trigger rod.

If you add a double trigger to a single trigger frame, sometimes the trigger rod needs to be a adjusted to give the desired 1/16" clearance between the trigger and the trigger rod.