PDA

View Full Version : Automag Range

skibumgag
07-28-2002, 01:30 PM
I have a 10 inch boomstick barrrel on my minimag and needless to say the range on it really sucks. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what barrel and length would help me increase the range, or if a different barrel would even make a big difference. Thanx!

P4ULuk
07-28-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by skibumgag
I have a 10 inch boomstick barrrel on my minimag and needless to say the range on it really sucks. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what barrel and length would help me increase the range, or if a different barrel would even make a big difference. Thanx!

Heres a tip, chrono as close to the field limit as you can and you'll find you have the same range as everyone else also running at the same FPS.
No longer, shorter, fatter, finner, barrel id going to help.

Paul.

bigsarge72
07-28-2002, 03:09 PM
Mostly, I agree with P4ULuk, however, a boom stick has holes, and a barrel's effective length ends where the holes start, making a boomstick like a 6" barrel. The only thing you could try is maybe getting a barrel with holes only on the end of it (Lapco or Javelin), but as P4ULuk stated before, if you are shooting the same FPS as everyone else, you should be shooting as far (also make sure you have a good paint/barrel match).

sarge

TransMan
07-28-2002, 04:32 PM
i recomend getting a BOA i just got a 10in snake bit and its great

Cristobal
07-28-2002, 04:49 PM
For range, it doesn't matter how excessive the porting is -- if the ball is going 300 fps over the crono it'll go just as far as any other ball shot at the same velocity (barring the use of a backspin device like a flatline barrel or z-body). Where the porting starts will only affect how much gas you have to use to accelerate the ball within the effective (non-ported) length of the barrel. Too much porting may be inneficient, but it shouldn't affect range.

FordPrefect
07-28-2002, 11:10 PM
If you are shooting the FPS as everyone else, and you don't want to use a backspin device, the only way to increase your range is aim higher up:rolleyes:

Miscue
07-29-2002, 03:04 AM
Double-Post. Thread Closed.