PDA

View Full Version : ARG! Aweful day with my mag

FutureMagOwner
07-28-2002, 03:48 PM
ragg i got to the field goto crono... doesnt fire i get the tank filled all the way... still no firing i turn the screw in about 5 turns still nothing. the nut was almost IN the gun and no vent or anything. so i un screw my tank and go to take the valve out to look at it. every thing seems fine but to make sure i slapped in a middle spring. now i got it to either not fire or vent. now im kinda annoying because i was at home and it was working great and im at the field and nothing! so then i just take out the level 10 and put my regular stuff in. now it either shoots too hot(with balls all over the place) or no shooting. so then i unscrew the tank and chrono my cocker becuase my mag obviously wasnt working too well. my cocker shot 270 270 270 269 270. so i just go and play with that all day and work on my mag in between games. well i went to see if the mag would fire with level 10 and when i try to screw in my tank my elbow cracked and when i tried to screw in the tank it started leaking and wouldnt let me screw it in further to seal the thing.

so basically i have to get a new elbow new asa(so that crud doesnt happen anymore) and fiddle around with the level 10 again.

besides that my cocker worked spectacular no breaks no chops(like the last time i chopped 7 balls in a row and couldnt shoot for a few games without chopping because i chopped once and broke my detent which made me chop every time after until i hucked the detent) and towards the end of the day alot of our team left and we were outnumberd 3 to 1 and we flanked them and shot all the other team without them knowing)

so once again i had an OK day

anyway anyone know why my level 10 was whacking up?

FreshmanBob
07-28-2002, 04:10 PM
try using the next number carrier higher aka if you have 2.0 use 2.5 with the same setup as when it used to be working

sounds like bolt stick.

FutureMagOwner
07-28-2002, 04:25 PM
i was using #1 carrier and i had no bolt stick b4 i had problem with shims though and i got that fixed.

my guns all work great until i get to the field maybe i just have a jinx on me

HyperSnyper
07-28-2002, 04:26 PM
That wpuld be my guess, if the carrier is too small, then the oring will crunch down too tight on the bolt.

Go with the largest carrier possible which doesnt leak. It will give the least ammount of friction while keeping a nice seal.

-Hyper

FutureMagOwner
07-28-2002, 04:50 PM
see the thing is i wasnt getting stick b4 so why should it start now?

InfinatyBPS
07-28-2002, 04:54 PM
hmm, and people say its the cocker owners that sit in the staging area fixing their guns... right...:cool:

Butterfingers
07-28-2002, 04:59 PM
sounds like your barrel is catching or your bolt is stuck somehow.

FutureMagOwner
07-28-2002, 05:15 PM
well tomorrow ill clean off every thing and reinstall it and such

tranman
07-28-2002, 06:02 PM
It possibly could have been the weather, if you tested it inside in a cooler environment and it worked it might not have worked in a hot, humid environment because the carrier o-ring could have swelled from the heat. Thats my hypothesis, might not be correct.

FutureMagOwner
07-28-2002, 06:42 PM
maybe but i doubt it because it seemed to be the same as before taking the bolt out

Blazingace
07-28-2002, 07:27 PM
Lube the hell out of it. It happened with my cocker when I installed the Shocktech bomb. I lubed the o-rings with my thunder gun oil and it worked great for like 50 shots. It would then bind and not return. I took it to the shop and the guy used Hoppes oil and a lot of it too. The bomb worked like a champ after that. The o-ring in the carrier might have dried out and is grabbing the bolt. You may want to look into a new reg piston too if your gun always shoots hot.

FutureMagOwner
07-29-2002, 08:09 AM
no i think it was shooting too hot or to slow because i turned it too much i think i know what to do.

FutureMagOwner
07-29-2002, 04:15 PM
turns out i forgot to put the oring inside the carrier DOH! shot it out back and its gggrrrrreeeeaaaaattttt!

joeyjoe367
07-29-2002, 07:53 PM
lol

Figures it's an o-ring :) There's not much else that can go wrong in a mag :D

FutureMagOwner
07-29-2002, 08:17 PM
yyup i feel rrrreeeeeaaaallll dumb right about now...