PDA

View Full Version : EMAG Chrono problem (lvl 10 possibly?)

RT-Rockin
07-28-2002, 05:21 PM
Hi all;

I finally got to chrono my EMAG after installing the lvl 10 and I'm getting weird consistancy. Using the RT chrono procedure, I'm getting a hot first shot (around 300-309) and then subsequent shots are in the 260-280 range. I'm not really concerned about the 260-280 range (I was using potentially bad paint and not concerned with paint/barrel match) as much as the first shot being over 300. I never shot paint through the gun prior to lvl 10 so I cannot comment as to whether it acted this way prior. It almost seems like I'm starving the gun for air.

Any ideas? I've searched the forums and all I really see is talk about the reg seat. I just bought this gun used and I went through the valve and replaced all the o-rings including the reg seat. The only one I didn't replace was the quad o-ring as I was using an RT parts kit on the EMAG and didn't have one I've got two on order and will change it when it gets here.

My setup:

EMAG
68/4500 AA Raptor REX just rebuilt 2 days ago by local shop.
Braided line to a Pro-Connect to a swivel to the valve.
Lvl 10
Freak Barrel

My first concern was how small in diameter the male part of the Pro-Connect is. Would this cause starvation?

If you guys need any more info from me to accurately diagnose this problem, please ask away.

Thanks

Rockin

TransMan
07-28-2002, 05:37 PM
Sounds like a reg seat problem but since you said you replaced it im not sure could be the bad paint.

RT-Rockin
07-29-2002, 10:19 AM
To the top, please. Anyone?

hitech
07-29-2002, 07:36 PM
I am not sure if it is the same with the eMag regs, but the classic valves need a little "break in" time for the reg to fully seat. Could be the same with the eMag.

RT-Rockin
07-31-2002, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the responses, guys.

'preciate it.

Rockin