PDA

View Full Version : automag range

skibumgag
07-28-2002, 07:46 PM
I have been playing a lot of rec ball lately with my minimag and 10 inch boomstick barrel. The frustration witha lack of distance of my shots led me to my local paintball store where i inquired about a barrel that would improve my guns range. The owner of the store told me that the mag has a flat trajectory and that getting a longer barrel wouldn't really make any difference. I was wondering if anyone out there knows if this is true or not, and if it isn't, what size/brand barrel would give me the best results...
Thanx Guys!

Blazingace
07-28-2002, 07:54 PM
If you do a search you will find a pile of info on this subject. But to answer your question. One of the most important things to look for is a good paint to barrle match. As an example, my brother wanted an Empire barrel for his tippmann. We got the barrel and tried it out. The balls went no further than 20 yards. We took off the barrel and placed a ball in it to see how well it fit. The ball rolled out the front. Upon further inspection we discover that the paint was very small and the barrel very large. Most of the air was escaping around the ball instead of pushing the ball along. Try for a good smooth barrel that matches the paint well and you will definatly see an improvement.

Mav D MagMan
07-28-2002, 08:21 PM
BTW that "flatter trajectory" comment he made was bubkiss, there's proof all over the place that all guns shoot with the same range/trajectory (yes interchangeable) when shooting the same paint through the same barrel at the same velocity.

Like the guy above sais, either your velocity is way way too low, or you gotta find a paint to fit your barrel better.

Mav

EDIT- plus buying a longer barrel is not going to help you, go to the automags.org site and follow the links through the tech session etc until you find an article on barrel length, read it, it is very informative and very true :)