PDA

View Full Version : Retrovalve trigger pull

aaron_mag
07-29-2002, 01:01 AM
I was totally satisfied with my Mag (well once I get Level 10 installed which is on the way). Then a guy at the field forced me to shoot his Emag. OH MY GOD what a trigger pull. The manual mode was awesome, hybrid even better, then electronic was hair trigger!!!

If I got a retrovalve in conjunction with my Intelliframe would my pull be anywhere close to what his was in manual mode?

a_malfunction
07-29-2002, 01:04 AM
Retro+intelliframe would be almost identical to an emag in manual mode. It might be different though. It would depend on your input pressure.

athomas
07-29-2002, 06:58 AM
The emag has a shorter on/off pin than a standard retro valve. It also uses a different o-ring in the on/off assembly. These contribute to the feel of the emag that will be slightly different than the standard retro valve.

The retro valve by itself still has a very crisp feel and a reactive trigger, just not as reactive as the emag. You can duplicate the feel of the emag by buying the shorter on/off pin and putting in the emag quad o-ring. An intelliframe is also needed to provide the crisp trigger pull.

kevdupuis
07-29-2002, 10:12 AM
Just a quick question. Would the E/mag or RT pro on/off assemblies fit in a classic valve?

athomas
07-29-2002, 04:27 PM
Yes, you can use a retro valve on/off assembly in a standard AIR valve. Don't use the white teflon o-ring from the standard AIR on/off top. Use the retro valve o-ring, but the standard large o-ring on the on/off top is ok.

personman
07-29-2002, 04:29 PM
Oh dear lord.. Phil im not sure If I want to shoot your emag anymore... :D