PDA

View Full Version : Retro VRS Standard Valve Accuracy

Blitz
07-29-2002, 10:39 AM
Hello all
I have heard that the Retro Valve is less accurate then the standard Mag valve. I am trying to confirm if this is true and if it is how much more inaccurate is it? Any information I could get on this would be helpful. Thanks

P.S. I GOT MY LEVEL 10 BOLT AND IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input all

Coaster
07-29-2002, 02:23 PM
I have heard that the RT valve has shootup, so snapshooting and taking single shots won't be as accurate as the classic valve. On the other hand, i believe it is more consistant overall(when doing a long string of shots). I do not know a whole lot about the retro, so i can't offer anything else.

bunkerhugger
07-30-2002, 05:15 AM
The first shot with my retro valve and a preset 850 psi tank is always low. The difference between first and second shot is enough to drive me batty so I've retired my retro valve until I can get it set up with an adjustable pressure tank (hopefully tomorrow). Maybe for heavy shooters this doesn't matter, but for crawling front guys like me it makes all the difference in the world.

Dover
07-30-2002, 11:43 PM
Also the ReTro is supposed to heat up with rapid fire, does t his happen with the standard A.I.R.?

I have my good old A.I.R. on an Intelliframe, but a ReTro with a standard, mechanical frame.

In any case, both are capable of 20+ shots per second, so who cares?:confused:

RetroEclipseMan
07-31-2002, 01:38 AM
I think the question is of accuracy and not of rate of fire. I have never shot a mag with a stock valve since i bot my mag used with the retro already in it but it seems to be quite accurate to me.