PDA

View Full Version : Cocker Problems. Need Help Fast

RetroEclipseMan
07-29-2002, 11:45 AM
I know I said cocker problems. I am borrowing my friend's autococker and am having a problem that I can't contact him for help so I figured that this would be the best place to turn. I have the output pressure on the tank set at 400 psi and it's a low pressure setup so that's like the limit. When i pull the trigger the gun fires but the ball doesn't. It just gets stuck in the barrel. The paint that I am using is marbs and it does fit the barrel but it seems that the bolt isn't hitting it hard enough to get even a half inch into the barrel. What does this sound like? What adjustments need to be made? Where else would the velocity be adjusted?Thanks in advance.

P.S. This is when there is just 1 ball loaded.

mike e
07-29-2002, 01:36 PM
first off check to see if you bolt is in upside down. i own a cocker and shoot it religiously and this is a very common mistake. when you take the bolt out and go to put it back in make sure the large hole is facing down. another problem might be the fact that you have the tank output at 400psi. i run my cocker at 225psi but i still keep the input at 800. if he has a inline regulator on there i guarentee your starving it. try to have about 200psi between the regs. ex tank at 800 and the inline at no more then 600. try these if that doesnt work post back. also make sure the cocking rod is threaded in properly and totally, that will restrict hammer movement if its not

RetroEclipseMan
07-29-2002, 02:59 PM
He doesn't have an inline reg on it so i just turned up the input pressure on the tank to 600 and I have the bolt in correctly. Secondly when i pull the trigger once the ball isn't fired and just stays in the end of the barrel. When i pull the trigger a second time it fires. I don't have really any experience with cockers but it seems that it takes one pull to chamber the first ball and then after that it shoots fine. Does this seem right to you?

mike e
07-29-2002, 03:08 PM
cockers are closed bolt guns, the first shot after gassing up chambers the ball, then its ready to fire.

RetroEclipseMan
07-29-2002, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the info mike. i thought that i was trippn' for a sec. now i just gotta practice with this gun to get used to the dang trigger.

mike e
07-29-2002, 07:26 PM
glad i could help, cockers are a great gun that are often overlooked. before the level 10 kit came out, cockers were one of the only mechanical trigger guns that could be made to not be able to chop. and besides they have a cool moving back block!